Empire Automotive GroupAvoid them

Empire Auto in Manchester NH misrepresented price and mileage in ad. I stupidly still bought the BMW Z3...it couldn't pass inspection...had to spend another $1, 000.oo in repairs...

The owner of Empire was a slick little greaseball...he would not assist or make things right...he physically threatened me when I demanded my money back...he said his attorneys were smarter than the idiots at the NH Attorney Generals Office...he is a true ###...he should be put out of business...there have been many new BBB complaints of which he never responds to any and carries a negative standing...

Bill Sep 03, 2008

Great scammers! Look at the prices on their website, then go to the lot. The prices are marked up on the lot! I've seen up to $4000 markup from the web price! Then they say something to the effect that their internet people screwed up and the price on the lot is supposed to be the correct price. Tell them what you saw it online for and they'll say "well, I guess we have to honor the internet price" -that's their scam!!!
    Then you think you are getting a deal when really they've marked the car up enough to make PLENTY of money from the internet price. You don't talk them down because you think that you are getting invoice on it. It's BS. I hope nobody ever pays the lot price it's astronomical! Do research!!!
    I bought a car there and was bringing it back to get detailed (which they never did) and chuckled when I overheard the owner claim to someone on the phone that they make about $700 on a car. They marked my POS trade-in up $5500. The thing should have been wholesaled!
    Take my advice don't buy there. If you absolutely have to, take the car to your mechanic before even putting a deposit on it. That's what I did and despite the worst service I have ever recieved from any business, the vehicle I bought checked out and runs great.

• Er
    Ernest Sep 08, 2008

If Empire is such a bad place to buy from .Then where can you buy a good carwhen you have bad credit . I thought Empire was going to be my best chance . I guess now I don't know what to do. Thanks for the heads up !!!

• Ri
    rich boudreau Sep 12, 2008

I purchased a vehicle from Empire Auto and had a wonderfull experience, the salesman Rick Miller, put up with all my challenges for over 2 weeks, and worked vigorously to help me get into a car, my credit was less than perfect and i only had 700.00 to put down.. I did have questions on the web-site prices versus the window sticker price, However Rick explained that all the vehicles on-line were advertised at a reduced sale price and that is the only price you pay! After reading these negative remarks I have a hard time believeing them 100% because both plaintifs actually STILL PURCHASED the car!!! In my opinion Empires PRICING is the lowest around PERIOD!! and thats the only PROOF i needed to justify there profit margin.. I would 110% recommend Rick Miller personally ( a guy who will work for YOU ) and Empire Auto ( for an unbeatable price)!!!

• Ho
    Home Depot Employee Nov 01, 2008

SCAMMERS! LOOK OUT FOR THESE CROOKS!

They will lie to your face trying to get at your money.

This guy was a greaseball...this is the type of place that gives used car dealerships a bad name.

AVOID THEM AT ALL COST

Luckily I walked away after he told me the REAL Price was $2000!!! more!!!

idiots

• Sh
    Shari Jan 25, 2009

EMPIRE AUTO in Manchester are real dirt bags!!! I saw a 2002 Ford Mustang Convertible on AutoTrader.com and when I called to verify the mileage they said it was entered in wrong. It was actually 78K not 39K. I verified with the salesman how much the car cost and he said it was $5995.

So we went to the lot and saw the car. A different salesman came over to me and when I pulled out the copy of the ad from Autotrader he quickly started arguing with one of his fellow salesman. The other salesman pointed on the paper, and said "it's right there in the disclaimer!" When the salesman turned to me I asked him what he was talking about. He said, "the internet price is actually $3000 less than what the car cost." The cost of the car was $8995. And he said "Are you kidding me, a car like this for $5995!!!" When I questioned what he was talking about, he showed me the disclaimer which read on page 2:

"Sales Tax, Title, License Fee, Registration Fee, Dealer Documentary Fee, Finance Charges, Emission Testing Fees and Compliance Fees, three thousand cash/trade are additional to the advertised price."

Not to mention that the bold price on the front of the ad stated it was $5995!!! Isn't this what people search on and look at first??? How dare they purposely hide costs in a disclaimer that most people don't look at until you have to sign on the dotted line. Not to mention that they wrote out "three thousand" so it would hide better in the text.

The salesmen was rude to me from the minute I started talking to him. He immediately started defending the disclaimer even before I knew anything about it. I told him that they were being dishonest and it was a crappy thing to do. We were off that lot in less than 5 minutes!

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM EMPIRE AUTO!!!
    YOU WILL BE SCAMMED!!!

jose? Feb 07, 2009

Bunch of filthy slimeballs living up to the used car salesman image. If you want more proof just look at the pictures of the staff. Ten bucks says Gary would steal your wallet and rape your dog.

• No reasonable offer will be refused! Empire will not be undersold even if we must take a loss, top trade allowances, 100% guaranteed financing. Owe too much on your trade, saving for a down payment, or recently declined on a vehicle loan? No problem!
    Ranked #1volume dealer in the USA. Let us make this your best buying experience ever. Thanks to all past, present and future customers for our overwhelming growth in “2008” and for allowing us to become this nation’s premier pre owned auto group.

• 100% guaranteed financing approval for all credit types regardless of your credit history. Owe too much on your trade, saving for a down payment, or recently declined on a vehicle loan? No problem! Often proving helpful in all three situations. Number one volume dealer in the USA for only one simple reason, we commit to making our customers needs our top priority. Let us make this your best buying experience ever. Thanks to all past, present and future customers for our overwhelming growth in “2008” and for allowing us to become this nation’s premier pre owned auto group.

• 200 UNITS DELIVERED IN JAN 2009, ANOTHER RECORD FOR NEW-ENGLAND...

WHO CAN COMPETE WITH EMPIRE? BOTTOM LINE SAVINGS IS WHAT THE CUSTOMER DESIRES, SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH, AND YOU WILL SURELY SEE THE TRUTH...

#1 IN THE ENTIRE USA? DOCUMENTED? ON VOLUME? ISNT THAT PROOF ENOUGH THAT EMPIRE IS THE PREMIER CHOICE IN REPLACING OR UPGRADING ANY VEHICLE?

• Em
    empire hater Feb 10, 2009

The owner of this place, Randy Miller is a ###!! From what I hear he's being investigated by the IRS...they even try to rip off their employees. This guy is only in it for himself. The only reason they sell so many cars is becuase they are the only ones that will approve people with the worst credit, but it's not worth it, with the interest rates and every other hassel they put you through you end up paying 3 times the amount of the car!!!

• Km
    KMV Feb 16, 2009

As I am waiting here on hold with this company I found this web page, an I am reading all these comments. There is really no positive ones from actual people, I have been on hold now 25 mins and no has picked up the phone in regards to a question I had about one of their cars, which the pricing seemed to good to be true. 04, Jeep Grand Cherokee, 100, 000 miles for only $6, 000 at auto hunter online.

I have also experienced some of the same "stuff" with this company as far as them saying that "the internet price was a mistake that’s why it was so low, but...we will have to (HONOR) it"! So you think you are getting a good deal and don’t try to talk them down any further, but you really not! Ha-ha. I have also talked to one of the sales people over at empire and he told me that they do not do a complete check on the car when they buy them at the auction obviously, but they do check it completely when you go to buy it and if there is any problems with the car then You BOTH split the cost of what it needs! If that’s the way you want to go, I guess that’s anther one of the reasons why there prices are so low! Where as some places completely service a car before you buy it and make sure it is sound, then others do nothing outside the obvious to fix it just to sell it! Its this a good thing or a bad thing, I don’t know. The fact that they told me this was good, but I really had to question the salesmen about it and get the answer out of him about servicing the car and any probs. with it before he told me this!

LOL its kinda funny, I think that they do it to everyone, not just myself, but you don’t think so UNTILL you see a page like this! I had never though about the whole "lemon law" thing and the fact that they do not have one in NH. So I am going to Google the lemon law in Mass and see what it actually covers and prob, try to buy a car in mass. If not deff get a car with a 30 unlimited warranty that covers the major mechanical parts of the engine! Or just take the vehicle to a Good mechanic to overlook it before I buy it!

Anyway not sure if this has helped anyone out if their decision in buying a car here or not but, it is all completely honest info that I would want to know myself. I did not try to be bias in anyway because something "bad" happened to me I just wanted to state my part. I have not bought a car from Empire but I was considering to multiple times on multiple occasions, I do not think I am going to though because of my personal experiences and also the ones listed here as well. Sry

• Em
    Empire Sucks Feb 28, 2009

I had a horrible experience with this company as well. I think it is hilarious that they are so pathetic they would seriously post that they are the #1 Wholesaler in the United States, there is only ONE store, there is no way they are the #1 anything or they'd have stores all across the US. Obviously they need a spell check. I would put money on it that it's the owner Mr.Miller sitting at his desk writing on this board. My wife laughed when we caught a glimpse of him and is convinced he has "little man syndrome". These people attempted to sell me a car that had a horrible Carfax, but they were selling it for 3k more than the price listed. I read the disclaimer and understood, had no problem. The car needed a few things done to it and I was ready to pay them 17k CASH for the thing. They couldn't even get out of their own way and deliver the car. I got my money back and will never recommend them. I was buying the car for my 16 year old son as his birthday present. They have a bad reputation for a reason, THEY ARE LOW LIFE LOSERS..

STAY AWAY FROM "EMPIRE"

• Ar
    Ariel Mar 08, 2009

Well, thank a lot for this great advised! now I am so afraid and I will not buy here.
    Thank you!

mark Mar 11, 2009

Do your research everyone! Even with the 3, 000 cash or trade added to the price, they're still thousands below retail. Just deal with the bull*&% and get your great deal! I bought my Acura 3, 600 below retail value! I was suggest empire to anyone looking for a great price.

John Mar 11, 2009

They are the biggest SCAMS GOING!!! DON"T BE FOOLISH STAY AWAY!!!

THEY OWNER TOOK A SWING AT MY FRIEND.. WHO DOES THAT?

SAD SAD CAR LOT!!

• Pi
    PISSED OFF Mar 14, 2009

The worst dealership I have ever set foot in!! Dirty sleazy and sketchy from just driving in. It looked like a free for all. The vehical my friend and I had seen on the internet was in great condition, clean and with a radio... after a 3 hour drive we arrive to take a look at the jeep and it looked like the radio had been ripped out of the vehicle... after going inside we askd the sales guy what might have happened to the radio, it was in the pictures... he said the dont guarentee radios and " stuff" ;ike that in their vehicles... after him basically saying oh well sorry we lied to you to get you to drive three hours down there we left... THIS IS BE FAR THE BEST EXAMPLE OF SLIME BALL SALESMAN DONT EVER BUY A VEHICLE FROM THEM, DONT EVEN BOTHER TO WASTE YOUR TIME TO DRIVE THERE BECAUSE IT WILL BE A HUGE WASTE!!!

• Ke
    kevinandkim Mar 30, 2009

My wife and I were sucked in by the promise of a great deal and yes we were lied to, insulted and left in a hurry. Fortunately for us, we stopped into the Mazda Dealership down the street and found a great used car at a very good price. They treated us exceptionally well, showed us a Carfax, explained what had been fixed on the car by them, bought us breakfast and treated us like royalty even though we wer only buying a car for 8, 000. You should definately go to Empire so that you can appreciate just how good some dealers can be in comparison.

• Tu
    Tuan OC Apr 05, 2009

I was about to go there for TWO (one for my wife and one for my in-law) cars worth of $20K because of their price. But after you pointed out about the disclaimers and all these negative experiences, I guess I won't waste my time driving there.

• So
    Soupie Apr 19, 2009

Thanks to all for the input! I have a daughter attending St. A's, so we are in that area frequently. I did have an interest in a couple of their Ford trucks. After reading comment after comment, I will take my business elsewhere! Thank You, All!

• Gs
    gsdud73 Apr 21, 2009

This place is no good. I was excited about their prices on autotrader.com and sent them a couple emails about their cars. They told me that they don't discuss their price over email and told me I should come in to drive the car first. I came down to test drive the cars that I was interested in. Both of them were on the lot for 3000 more than the internet and because I didnt print out a copy of their listing online I must have been "mistaken". Not only that, the mileage on their listing was wrong. And the worst part for me was that I drove down from Maine. This place SUCKS and I hope more and more people read this before they go to this ### hole. I wouldn't recommend this place to an enemy.

• Cj
    CJ1 Apr 23, 2009

I was looking for a higher end car, a BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Porsche etc.. and did a search on Cars.com. This dealership had at least 3 of the 4, and in some cases more then 1 of each type.

So I drove over 1 hour to look at these cars and walked into the dealership, I was inside for all of 30 seconds when a manager yelled at a guy/ kid/ salesman/ sitting at a desk " Do you plan on selling a car today or just sitting there?"

I walked out. ...horrified with what I saw.. the office space had about 12 desks in about 30 ft of space. all sitting one on top of each other.
    Did I want the the lady with the 3 screaming kids sitting at the first desk to be able to hear my conversation with a salesperson? or my private financial information? No way!! and they are the #1 used car dealership in the USA???? then spend some $$ to look like you are.

I will say the infiniti G37s and the Lexus were in front and both looked well cared for. even after what I saw inside, I will admit I went home and pulled up both of these cars on-line to give them a second look, and can you imagine what my thoughts to maybe giving these guys a second chance were when I noticed that what they have for on-line pictures isn't what they are "really" selling?

Look for yourself.. the pictures of the $21, 995 Lexus the interior color changes from picture to picture.. in one shot it's a cream/ black two tone and the seat is a cream color, the next picture the whole interior is black. Really color changing interiors? must be a new option?

I didn't take the time to go through every car on their site, but I did notice the older Jaguar, 5 pictures above the Lexus thumbnail says it's a 2005 KIA spectra wagon5, selling for $4995.. really then sign me up!!! does anyone proof what they are selling?

All this from 10 min. of surfing their web site . I could only imagine what I would find if I tried or if I was to start working on a deal.

One last note, I also called them before I drove the hour ride to talk about the price on one of the cars. I was told they don't talk pricing over the phone and that I needed to come in and test drive a car before they talked money, I didn't think this was right so I asked to be connected to a manager and I was then told "they don't take calls, that's why we have "salesmen".
    I asked if I left my number would a manager call me?, I was then told they wouldn't return my call unless they knew who they were calling or for what reason.
    When i stated it was for pricing on a car (I thought the girl understood that) she said they don't take calls for that, salesmen do...

They are "trying" to sell cars right?

I was pulled in by the pricing...pushed away by everything else.. Don't waste your time!

• Bo
    BOSTON Apr 26, 2009

HI, i went this place today to buy car from Boston. This place is worse in my life. I will never go this place again and never recommended this place any one. They said I wasted their time. They are very rude, illiterate person and ready to fight with customer when customer is not buying cars. He physically threatened me.

• Mb
    mbr Apr 28, 2009

I am so glad I have read all these comments re: empire auto in manchester! its ironic because today I was searching the internet to buy a vehicle and I saw empire autos listing and I thought wow what a deal. 2001 Lincoln Navigator with only 67, 000 miles for $6900! but I guess I had a blonde moment ad then realized that this place must be run by a bunch a scam artists.

• Ne
    NeedCarFast May 01, 2009

Damn! i was just about to take a drive there to check out a couple of their cars. Just like everybody else, I thought their prices were a little low... crap! what do i do now...

• Ct
    ctnoscam May 01, 2009

this place is a ### hole this owner needs his head kick pickin fights with customers look at there staff pic on the web site scamers greaseballs losers scam scam scam.

• Be
    BEWARE!! May 15, 2009

Well interesting enough. If you read the fine print they tack on another $3, 000 on top of the advertised price. I am glad I read these posts, shady dealings at best. Run, don't walk away! Saved myself a trip!!

• Sm
    smart.one Jun 01, 2009

Thank You all for your advise. My husband needs a vehicle desperately and we looked at their website online and we thought it was also too good to be true. I am sooooo glad he looked at all the comments on this company. I would not even recommend them to my worst enemy. [protected]@yahoo.com

• Mi
    Mike S Jun 01, 2009

I went there and got my time wasted the sales rep's are arrogant
    the prices are misleading and all I heard we're complaints from customers that have purchased there about issues with the vehicles
    I ended up walking out in the middle my talks with one of their sales people,
    I had a bad feeling the moment I got on the lot.
    Bottom line I ended up going else where and got a great deal on a 2002 Eclipse gs loaded with everything for under $5000. in Hampton Falls, NH
    Where I had a much more enjoyable encounter with my purchase.

Billy G Jun 05, 2009

All car dealerships are ###- they live in the sewer with the realtors and the moving companies. Base advise- does not matter if it is a new car from the dealer or one from one of these used car guys, they are all hungry for a sale and sticker price is always negotiable unless you are naive or green to the market. NEVER EVER pay book value for a car- they no someone else will give you the deal if they don't so get some balls and talk them down a few grand. The sales people are trained to not let you leave the lot so hint that you want to shop and they will get on their knees.

Billy G Jun 05, 2009

I think people should go there and waste their salespeople time with crazy unreasonable offers. They seem to waste everybody elses time with no regret, why not make them think they are in for a quick sale, beat hard on one of their cars, and simply walk out after an hour with a FU attitude? Any subsribers? I think I will redline a few luxury cars and see if this "wonderful" owner wants to take a few swings at a marine fresh back from the desert.

Joe K Jun 13, 2009

I Drove 4 hours to Empire to buy a 1985 Mercedes Benz 300TD wagon, 3 weeks ago, which is still advertised on their website for $1995. The mileage on the website says 100, 000. The description says looks and runs 100%.The pictures of the car looked great. It looked new! When I finally got ahold of someone there, they told me it was a garaged one owner creampuff that needed nothing.After driving over 200 miles, from Saugerties, NY to Manchester, I found the car in the back of their lot, with rusted out wheel wells, rusty front fenders, faded paint and puddles of oil under the car. When I opened the drivers door and sat in the seat, it sank to the floor. What amazed me most was when I looked at the odometer which read 350, 000 miles! This was a far cry from 100, 000. I should have left then. I proceded to enter the "showroom", which wasn't a showroom at all, just a bunch of desks with a bunch of hoodlums running around. Rap music blasted to the point that you couldn't hear the phones ring. I've purchased over 50 vehicles in my life, and have never seen anything like this. Some "character", playing salesman this week, got a dealer plate and we walked up to the car. He had no idea why the website said the car had 250, 000 miles less thn it did. When he finally got the engine running, after cranking it over for at least a minute (one thing I can say is it has a good battery, lol) he told me to take it for a spin. He rode shotgun. We pulled out of the parking lot with my foot to the floor, doing about 7 miles an hour. After a minute, I got it up to about 30 mph. When I said somethings wrong with the car, he studdered and said, "Naw, dis is how caaz were back in da day" I said nothing. When I went to stop at a stop sign, we almost crashed. The brake pedal went almost to the floor, and your could hear all four brakes grinding like there was absolutely no lining left. The dope feind, oops I mean salesman said " [censored] man!, Be careful!, I can't be gettin all banged up here, I got sh1t to do!" I turned around and brought the junker back to the lot, parked on the sidewalk, and just got out of that thing and left before I really hurt someone there. Take my advice, if your looking for illegal drugs, Empire Automotive Group may be just the place for you. If your looking for a good used car, take my advice, visit a local New car dealership in your area. In my experience, lots that only sell used cars are usually scam artists, although Empire is the worst I've ever seen. A local new car dealer will have a good selection of used cars in all price ranges, and they are usually much more honest, and stand up to their word. Don't waste your time or money at Empire. You'd be better off spending a few extra dollars somewhere else.

• By
    byerz05 Jun 18, 2009

I recently am looking for a BMW on Autotrader.com. I live in Cleveland but was willing to make the drive for a good car. I submited my credit app at 9am. It must of generated a basic reply from them which I replied to...never heard anything thing back same day 659pm. So I decided to call. I asked to talk to sales or someone reguarding this the secetary decided to handle my questions instead of transfering me like I asked.

They claim on every Autotrader post "WE ARE THE BANK" she stated i dont know why it says that we use 14 different lenders. I asked about terms payments ect. She replied it takes SEVERAL days to process your credit application. I myself sell cars and credit apps take like 15 minutes to a few hrs in really busy NOT days. A decent sales manger can tell what the numbers will most likely be due to past practices. Then she said you need to be here to finalize it and then you can get the numbers. Im too far away for their shady practices.

Theses idot gave car salesman the bad name!
    -Chris B.

• Ca
    car scam Jun 19, 2009

WOW. I was going to drive there from Boston. I am glad people go on the internet and write about their experiences. Thank You everyone here. You guys saved my time which is worth more than the car.

• Ai
    airelav Jun 21, 2009

THIS PLACE IS THE WORST DEALER I EVER BEEN. THEY ARE BIG LYERS. THEY MISREPRESENT PRICE AND MILEAGE. STAY AWAY FROM THE DON'T WAISTE YOUR TIME.

• My
    myran Jun 29, 2009

This place is terrible stay as far away from them as you can, their gm stacey seal is a real loser.he threatened me with physical injury if i did not leave the property he then got his goons to escort me to my car because he has no b--ls of his own

• Se
    Secret40 Aug 01, 2009

Wow I was gonna buy 2 cars there this week. Maybe I should put my money somewhere else. That sucks, I really wanted to get a car for myself & my brother. Oh well.

• Ra
    radrick Aug 19, 2009

I have to say I was afraid to buy my car here at Empire after reading all these posts .but I will say they have changed a lot of things since and I have nothing to complain about. they respected me, the price online was a price I could buy it for, no 3000 disclaimer and the info on the vehicle was to a tee. I would recomend buying a vehicle here and I have to say they have a lot to choose from like over 300 cars ranging in price from $1000 to $100, 000 that is pretty impressive for a used car dealership. Thanks Empire for the great deal!!!

• Ke
    kennybeaudry Aug 27, 2009

STAY AWAY FROM EMPIRE AUTOMOTIVE GROUP THE BIGGIST LYING ### I EVER MET EVERYTHING THEY SAY IS A LIE RANDY MILLER, THE OWNER IS A GREASE BALL LYING PEICE OF ### RUSS PERRY IS ALSO A LYING ### PEICE OF ### BUYERS BEWARE THEY SELL THE BIGGIST PEICES OF ### ON THE MARKET CHECK WITH THE BETTER BUISNESS BUREAU THESE GUYS ARE THE WORST GUYS OUT THERE DONT BUY FROM THESE GREASE BALLS I GUARANTEE THESE PEOPLE WILL BE OUT OF BUISNESS WITHIN A YEAR FROM NOW BEWARE STAY AWAY.

• Un
    undecided!!! Sep 02, 2009

Thanks for the feedback, I was going to go this weekend to take a look at some cars I seen online, they had a Lexus jeep for $5000 I couldnt believe it, I guess its too good to be true. I also sent several email and they would always respond with the same "just drive in and bring paystubs and money"

• Su
    suethebarber Sep 15, 2009

THANK-YOU!!! Yesterday I spent hours on the "net" looking for a vehicle in my price range that I liked and found 2 at Empire. I spent hours trying to get in touch with them on the phone, I still have yet to hear from them. Thankfully this A.M. when I was going to their website once again I noticed this website and you have made my decision much easier. I am DEFINATLY NOT buying from them. Just by the fact that I have left 3 messages for them to call me back kind of gives me a clue that this is a "different" dealership. Thanks again for the heads up!