Empire Automotive GroupAvoid them

Empire Auto in Manchester NH misrepresented price and mileage in ad. I stupidly still bought the BMW Z3...it couldn't pass inspection...had to spend another $1, 000.oo in repairs...

The owner of Empire was a slick little greaseball...he would not assist or make things right...he physically threatened me when I demanded my money back...he said his attorneys were smarter than the idiots at the NH Attorney Generals Office...he is a true ###...he should be put out of business...there have been many new BBB complaints of which he never responds to any and carries a negative standing...

• Km
    Kmillah Apr 17, 2012

Beware of lemons!!! Empire motet group took advantage of me. They saw an 18 year old girl looking for her first car and knew I was prime meat. They sold me a 2001 Volvo s80 with 120k for over 10000!! Yes I'm naivve and never should have gone alone, but I wouldnt be able to sleep at night if I ran this horrid excuse for a business. I have spent over 3000 in repairs and after paying the payments for one year. The car is worth half of what I owe.. Many mechanics tell me there is no hope for this car and I have no warranty and it was bought in Nh where we do not have a lemon law.. Be careful they will scre you !!!

• J4
    j4bs4209333 Apr 08, 2012

My friend went there to look at a 2006 Impala with 140k miles they were selling. Just like the rest of the people's experiences the internet price was about $3k less than the actual price. They told her the internet price was before they put any work into it basically it's a line of bull$h!t to get you in there and sell you high priced crap. She bought the Impala even though I warned her they were crooks. About a week later the ac wouldn't work. She went back there to ask if there was anything they could do to help her. This ignorant SOB told her "I sold you a car, not an air conditioner." WTF is that? Who would really even say that to a customer? What if the transmission went? Would he tell her he sold her a car not a transmission? Absolutely ridiculous. I am warning you do NOT shop at Empire auto you will regret it.

• Li
    Linda043 Nov 22, 2011

I should have read this before going there to buy a car. My son bought a car from them and he has had it back four times now to be fix always the same problem. Now it needs more work again but no one will answer his calls the first time he took it back was the next day after he bought it the check engine light keep coming on and I know what they are doing their just resetting the light because it has been on now four times and we are taking it back again because I think something is wrong with the transmission. The car lot has had his car more than he has and it has only be a month since he bought it. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. If it is not fixed this time I'm going to our TV station to see if they will help if anything it will stop people from buying from them.

• Fa
    FalseImprisonmentbyEmpire Jun 12, 2011

Buyer Beware, no, RUN!!! DO NOT STOP here to even look at a car, they will TRAP YOU! The president is pure evil and his henchmen are minions from hell. This guy and his nasty clan will get his day before his maker and we'll see who is laughing then!

• Br
    BRYAN C. Dec 03, 2010

They suck...Bob was my sales guy and we got into an arguement in the office because he wanted to run my credit before he would let me test drive the car I wanted. He said "the car was not safety checked but if we make a deal then I can have it checked and I can test drive it". The worst part was that no one even turned a head during the arguement. What does that say? I guess its a normal thing at this crap hole! This place is the reason car dealers have a bad name...In the end I found Dracuts Car Connection (dracutscarconnection.com) and Frank there was outstanding. Their vehicles come with 5 year/100, 000 miles warranty INCLUDED. The pricing was spot on and the people were very nice. I will leave you with this...DONT BUY FROM EMPIRE...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE...

• Jr
    jr87 Nov 26, 2010

EMPIRE AUTOMOTIVE GROUP are true scammers. Look at all of the vehicles they have advertised on "cars.com" and "autotrader.com;" they list all of their vehicles with 40, 000 to 50, 000 less miles and when you pull up the vin number of carfax or autocheck you realize that the milage listed in completely incorrect. You call and talk to them regarding prices and miles an they'll say "well, what does the ad say, its whatever is on the ad." Then when you get there, they give you a different story.

They have horrible customer service. I went there to look at an audi and some short guido idiot handed me the keys and said the car was clean and had no problems, he didnt even go with me to see the vehicle and pointed me to the vehicle's direction. After waiting for him for nearly half an hour, I asked him why a check engine light was on and why the powered seats didnt work and his answer was: "I dont know anything about the car, I cant answer that." Complete idiots, they work there and know nothing about anything and they'll do whatever they can through phone and/or email talk to get you over there, but when you do, its a completely different story than whats advertised.

These idiots need to be placed out of business.

• Mi
    Mitch Cumstein Aug 31, 2010

I went there for the Lamborghini shown on the website. Two hours later I woke up in the restroom with a bad headache. My wallet and dog were missing and my pants were on backwards. They charged me a "storage" and "rear end lube" fee on the way out. I would have gone back if they hadn't sold my dog.

C-MON folks, theses are USED CAR SALESMEN. Next you'll be complaining about the intolerance of the Taliban. Where is that rant page by the way?

• To
    toofunny! Jul 12, 2010

These comments are great. I also want to add that they list a 2009 best of Manchester award by the US Commerce Association, and it is worthless. The US Commerce Association is a scam that would send letters to companies telling them they won an award. Then companies had to send in money for the plaque. I would say these guys used the scam to their advantage so they could at least have an award on their web page. I am going to pay a little extra to buy from my long time dealer and get a trusted car with a limited warranty.

• Pg
    p.grennon May 25, 2010

I would never shop for a vehicle from them, I have been buying all my vehicles from BETLEY CHEVROLET-BUICK in Derry, NH and I have to say that everytime I have been there it has been great, I have been leasing for about 12 years and every time i'm there I see the same sales people so I'm sure that they rely on their repeat buisness to survive in that industry.

• Ju
    Judyss May 05, 2010

I know for a fact their 100% Guaranteed Financing is a load of BS, they wasted my time for 2 weeks, and they do take advantage of people in a bad situation, I tried to purchase an SUV from them and yes they were willing to give me full trade in value for my car but then proceeded to attach $1, 600 in fees to the new car I never did find out what the fees were for which didn't matter anyways since they couldn't get me financed, they should change their advertisement to 99% guaranteed financing, all I know is when I came home that Sunday to look at the car on the web I was trying to buy it was listed at $6995 and then that Monday the price mysteriously rose to $7995, but told me the final purchase price would be $9600 which is a $1000 more then the full retail value of the car according to NADA so its really no wonder they could not get me financed when they are asking a bank to loan more then the actual value of the car, before I went in their I called on a different car and verified price the internet sales person told me the vehicle was still available, and the price on the web is the actual price, the price in the auto solutions book reflects cash down, which conveniently states in the ad all payments reflect 0 cash down, they make you sit there for hours, and the salesman I had was also trying to sell 2 other cars in the process which to me was rude, and there was a lot of customers complaining that their ad wording was deceptive, I will never bother with them again, nor recommend them to anyone.

• C2
    C2010 Apr 14, 2010

Empire Auto Group Sucks! They are crooked and I fell into it! I went there looking for a specific vehicle. The salesman worked with my husband and i for hours and said that he could get us into the vehicle, which by the way was priced $5, 000 MORE than the price online, and that he could do it for the payments we wanted every month. He asked for our down payment and I wrote him a check of what we had to put down, expecting the vehicle...Well after an hour of waiting...Something happened and they started to write up the contract...I looked and the payments we $130 MORE than he quoted me and I argued! I couldn't d those payments. So he argued back with me and then suggested different vehicles. They sat there for hours trying to sell us vehicles we didn't want and I was starting to get very upset with them. Then they overheard my husband talk about his truck and without even asking tried to work out a deal to get my husband vehicle and sell us two stupid old vehicles that wouldn't work or was anything we wanted for another hour or so...I finally left there at closing with no vehicle and without my down payment back! I argued about it and he said that he would refund my check after 10 days! and I have yet to see it after 2 weeks...JERKS!!! DO NOT GO THERE!

• Do
    DontBuyhere! Mar 12, 2010

Wow, how I Wish I had seen these complaints before I sunk over $2, 000 of my hard earned money into a lemon that I drove for one month.

I admit the prices for falsley advertised, they wouldn't even let me test drive the car! They said it's a law that you can't drive the car out of the parking lot. Had no inspection sticker... I had a bad feeling, but I needed a car so desperatley because I needed to get to work. It's really sad and pathetic that they rip off harding working people with families.

• Gm
    gmailkoneill Mar 01, 2010

This place is just awful. I arrived with a lits of 5 cars I wanted to look at and was told I needed to make an appointment before arriving. I made an appointment for 1:30PM, and ended up getting there at 1:15PM, and was ignored for 10 minutes, then told to "sit tight and wait" for another few minutes, finally at 1:45 they said what do you want to see? I told them I had just called a little while ago about the list of cars, and they blatantly said "oh we sold 4 of those this morning", so I said okay well what about the 5th car? They threw the keys at me and without even explaining where the car was had me travel around the lot. The car was advertised online for $3995 and that it had 70, 000 miles. I looked at the car it was written up as $4995, and had 112, 000 miles on it. They then proceeded to tell me they already put $600 in the car to make it inspection worthy, and when I said the brakes needed work, and the engine looked a little rusty they told me "nope its fine" I blatantly could see dings in the car, rust on the engine and they told me I was wrong. When I said they should at least knock the price down because of the error on the website they told me if I wanted the car today I would still need to pay $4995, even though the car was barely worth $2000. I said no and was almost shoved away. They were so impersonal it was ridiculous! I wouldn't send my worst enemy to deal with these people! After getting there at 1:15, and only getting to look at one car I got to finally leave at 2:45...seriously this place is a waste of time, waste of money, and waste of effort! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! THEY'RE CROOKS! THEY LIE ABOUT MILLEAGE, WEAR & TEAR & COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE ONE MOST IMPORTANT THING, THE CUSTOMER!!!

• Ho
    hogninja Feb 01, 2010

$9000 dollar car, get there and there's a burger truck outside with all the staff stuffing there faces and helping fleece customers. the car i wanted was all of a sudden 12, 000 they had a promotion of matching your trade or cash value up to 3000. ### was trying to get me to run my credit after, they tried to negotiate. the deal was close to what was listed on autotrader after my trade in and their deal. I left after arguing with 3 ppl as im trying to leave politely. clearly false advertisingwaste of peoples time. hopefully you read these reviews before you go there!

sarasweepea Jan 22, 2010

I just looked on their website, I believe it was Glenn who was "helping" us. Glenn, if you are reading this... karma WILL come back to bite you in the ### for all your lies and intentional deceit. Are you really happy being a sleazy, greaseball ...knowing thats what everyone thinks of you? How do you sleep at night? How do you look at yourself in the mirror everyday? HOWWWWWWWWWW!!!
    grrrrrr I'm so mad, I wanted you to be different, to actually be able to trust you, a car salesman.. for once in my life. But alas, you are just like the rest of them. I pity you for resorting to such underhanded tactics for an easy buck. You should be ashamed of yourself Glenn. Repent now and maybe you won't go to hell.

sarasweepea Jan 22, 2010

We went to www.cars.com and found a great deal on a Camry from Empire for $4000. We called to confirm that the camry was still there, the one for $4000, the receptionist said yes it was. We drove an hour to see it and upon getting out of our car, we immediately noticed loud JAMN 94.5 rap/R&B type music and all looked at each other. Music sets the tone of a retail business and we became skeptical. We walked in and were greeted by a typical looking car salesman and told him we were looking for the camry for $4000, we sat down at his desk and he proceeded to tell us that the camry was actually $7900. What???? we all exclaimed how can that be? He told us the price listed was AFTER we put down $3000 cash. He told us not to "shoot the messenger" and implied that other dealerships basically all did the same thing. He then left us for 5 minutes and came back with a set of keys. I asked him to show us WHERE on the website (www.cars.com) it said that and his response was "I can try to find someone who can show you". I saw that he had an internet icon on his computer screen and asked.. can't YOU just show us? you have internet..? he clicked on the icon but then quickly tried to distract us by offering us a 2001 volkswagon Jetta for $4000, those were the keys he got! then he offered a toyota solara, 2 door and I told him we wanted a 4 door, thanked him and left. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
    As soon as we got home, we looked on the website and NO WHERE does it mention the $3000 cash down. It was intentionally deceptive, they are the epitome of a sleezy car dealership. DON"T GO THERE they do not deserve our business.

EmpireSucks8888 Jan 17, 2010

worst dealership ever!!!...the online price of the vehicle was $6000...when test driving the vehicle the salesman said that the vehicle was really $9, 000 but they were givin me $3, 000 as part of a sale...then when all is said and done and im ready to negotiate...all of a sudden the car is now $12, 000 dollars and "i must have misunderstood" what they where explaining to me...terrible dealership...the online price of their vehicles is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT

• Ba
    Barry L. Dec 31, 2009

I went to Empire with their print ads, and screen shots of the internet ads and they still claimed it was a mistake. The mileage and sticker prices were significantly higher than advertised. I decided to go through the motions just to see what would happen. They agreed to sell close to the advertised price but told me my credit had some discrepancies on it (which is a lie) and my interest and down payment would have to be higher (my credit is A+). This establishment should be put out of business. They are without question the worse business establishment I have ever seen on any level. The place is dirty, the salespeople are unkempt and rude, and the entire experience makes you want to take a shower to clean off the sleaze. STAY AWAY FROM EMPIRE. The only positives on this forum were obviously posted by them!!

Barry, Boston, MA

• Ro
    rob c Dec 11, 2009

I saw are advertised there called to make sure it was there and to check the price my wife and went on a monday night to see the car asked the saleman about the car and see the car then spent the next 35 min wating for them to find the keys then were told the car was in the shop and the shop was locked which i didnt really believe it but fine the manager said he was sorry and said he would hold the car till we could get back we said we would come back the next night I called 2 hours before we went back said the car was there and out of the shop ready to see we went got there and then found out they sold the car what ### DONT CALL THEM DONT GO THERE DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT I HAVE BEEN IN THE AUTOMOTIVE BUSSINES FOR OVER 25 YEARS AND THE ARE BY FAR THE WORST GROUP EVER

• Bo
    BOHICA Dec 08, 2009

Supposedly Empire has a new general manager who will turn things around. Maybe his background at Auto Fair will help Randy and his business change their negative image. For a once succesful individual to go from one of the largest dealerships in New Hampshire to Empire seems to be a step backwards as a career move. Why would someone do that? Unfortunately, the postings on this complaint board do not help the reputation of the business, which appears to be floundering. In today's business environment. there is no room for unethical business owners. As history proves time and time again, all you have is your name and reputation. Once you lose your credibility, you are a loser. This dealership is not the number one used dealer in the US. They may have the claim as being one of the worst in NH and the US.
    Good luck!

• Pb
    pbaldasaro21 Nov 25, 2009

I purchased an SUV from them about a year ago. My salesman was Rick Miller and I have to say he made the whole expierence awesome. He is a great salesman to work with and will go to bat for you. I have had no problems with my truck since. I just recently referred a friend there and he got a different salesman and said the guy was horrible, wouldnt return phone calls, losing faxes etc. If anyone plans on buying a car there because of credit problems or just likes something they see there MAKE SURE you see Rick Miller!!

• 32
    320050 Nov 18, 2009

Crooks. I went and looked at a car put money down and then did a car fax. Stupid of me. The car has an auto salvage title due to a lot of damage from an accident. These guys didn't say anything until I got a Carfax on the car. I also had the same problem with price. Advertised for $5000 got there and they said $6900. These guys are all crooks!!

Carebear88 Nov 12, 2009

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!! They are all ### and will try to get your money one way or another. Unfortunately I thought I bought a good car but turned out to be a lemon. They will not return phone calls and are the worst people/business I have ever encountered. Please take my advice and do NOT buy from them. You'll be sorry! Just look at their better business bureau's rating...that says it all! This business should be forced to close and the attorney general should get involved. I can't believe this place is still open and I can't believe they're getting away with selling people bad cars. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this place!

empire sucks big dick Nov 10, 2009

they are the worse place to ho please believe me...i bought a truck from them that was a 01 with 50k miles it now has 86k and now i need new tranny...and when i first bought it couldnt pass inspection and i had to pay atleast 800 on tie rod brakes and everything and they said theres no warranties stay away from them crooks...and the owner is a BIG COKE HEAD and alot of them who work for him are to they steal change n ipods if u go get ur car detailed from them i wouldnt reccommend ne one going there

emily360 Oct 28, 2009

I saw a picture of the owner on their website and he was actually a good looking guy...in the picture. However it didn't take long to see him in person when I decided to venture to this ### show, and quite frankly he looks like an addict. The salesmen there reeked of cigarettes and there was always one right outside the main entrance smoking, which is disgusting and unprofessional. They would even blow out their last drag as they opened the entrance door which explained why the interior reeked as well. I had been wanting a mini cooper for a while now and of course they had three for my to choose from, three out of five within a 150mile radius. I drove over two hours with my sister to check it out. After being there for OVER 2 hours and dealing with a [censored]bag salesman who shaves his legs and was texting his girlfriend the whole time he was with us, he decided to wait til i was somewhat interested to tell me that the cars price was $3, 000 cash or trade in above the asking price online. They need to be shut down, nobody should be able to run a business like this...

jonj Oct 25, 2009

I was interested in a vehicle they have advertised on cars.com. The mileage was stated to be 150, 000. I decided to run an autocheck on the vin just to see if there were any major problems in the history. According to the autocheck records, the last odometer reading was 201, 000 miles! Be Careful!

myran Oct 08, 2009

If you can't tell Shamus of Autofair wrote that blog because he is trying to sell more than 5 cars a month and thought by making something up someone might ACTUALLY ask for him so give him a break he needs to buy a life

myran Oct 08, 2009

Autofair? What a joke I went there and they had fine print adding over 5000 to the price and they lied about everything

• Mm
    mm24 Oct 05, 2009

This place epitomizes a used car dealership. Greaseball guys in cheap suits with nothing but lies in their online ads. I went to this place to test drive a car and not only did the salesman abandon us for 20 minutes after I told him that I wanted to test drive the car, but the mileage was higher by 900 miles. Ridiculous!

If you want really good service and honest salesmen, go down the street to AutoFair. Just bought my car there and could not have been a better experience. Shamus is a great guy and the whole dealership was very accommodating.

Car Buyer Oct 04, 2009

They won't be getting my dough. Thanks for the heads up.

ANTI-SCAMMERS Sep 29, 2009

Thanks to everyone who posted messages on here. I was just about to go over to see a couple of cars and having read the reviews.. I won't be going near them. I thought the price online was too low to match the mileage and the year. I HATE SCAMMERS. Why can't this little ### just try to run a legitimate business.

Matty_BDC Sep 16, 2009

They are salesmen, did any of you forget that? They make a living buy selling you stuff, at a marked up price. If they didn't mark them up, they wouldn't make money. It's a business, deal with it.
    Don't be a [censored] and buy on impulse. If you buy a lemon, you deserve it for not doing your homework.

• Su
    suethebarber Sep 15, 2009

THANK-YOU!!! Yesterday I spent hours on the "net" looking for a vehicle in my price range that I liked and found 2 at Empire. I spent hours trying to get in touch with them on the phone, I still have yet to hear from them. Thankfully this A.M. when I was going to their website once again I noticed this website and you have made my decision much easier. I am DEFINATLY NOT buying from them. Just by the fact that I have left 3 messages for them to call me back kind of gives me a clue that this is a "different" dealership. Thanks again for the heads up!

• Un
    undecided!!! Sep 02, 2009

Thanks for the feedback, I was going to go this weekend to take a look at some cars I seen online, they had a Lexus jeep for $5000 I couldnt believe it, I guess its too good to be true. I also sent several email and they would always respond with the same "just drive in and bring paystubs and money"

• Ke
    kennybeaudry Aug 27, 2009

STAY AWAY FROM EMPIRE AUTOMOTIVE GROUP THE BIGGIST LYING ### I EVER MET EVERYTHING THEY SAY IS A LIE RANDY MILLER, THE OWNER IS A GREASE BALL LYING PEICE OF ### RUSS PERRY IS ALSO A LYING ### PEICE OF ### BUYERS BEWARE THEY SELL THE BIGGIST PEICES OF ### ON THE MARKET CHECK WITH THE BETTER BUISNESS BUREAU THESE GUYS ARE THE WORST GUYS OUT THERE DONT BUY FROM THESE GREASE BALLS I GUARANTEE THESE PEOPLE WILL BE OUT OF BUISNESS WITHIN A YEAR FROM NOW BEWARE STAY AWAY.

• Ra
    radrick Aug 19, 2009

I have to say I was afraid to buy my car here at Empire after reading all these posts .but I will say they have changed a lot of things since and I have nothing to complain about. they respected me, the price online was a price I could buy it for, no 3000 disclaimer and the info on the vehicle was to a tee. I would recomend buying a vehicle here and I have to say they have a lot to choose from like over 300 cars ranging in price from $1000 to $100, 000 that is pretty impressive for a used car dealership. Thanks Empire for the great deal!!!

• Se
    Secret40 Aug 01, 2009

Wow I was gonna buy 2 cars there this week. Maybe I should put my money somewhere else. That sucks, I really wanted to get a car for myself & my brother. Oh well.

myran Jun 29, 2009

This place is terrible stay as far away from them as you can, their gm stacey seal is a real loser.he threatened me with physical injury if i did not leave the property he then got his goons to escort me to my car because he has no b--ls of his own

• Ai
    airelav Jun 21, 2009

THIS PLACE IS THE WORST DEALER I EVER BEEN. THEY ARE BIG LYERS. THEY MISREPRESENT PRICE AND MILEAGE. STAY AWAY FROM THE DON'T WAISTE YOUR TIME.

car scam Jun 19, 2009

WOW. I was going to drive there from Boston. I am glad people go on the internet and write about their experiences. Thank You everyone here. You guys saved my time which is worth more than the car.