Elizabethtown Gas CompanyMissed service appointments

C

On 2 separate dates I scheduled appointments to have a remote meter reading device installed at my home in Cranford. On the first date my husband took off from work to wait for the technician, no one showed. When I called the next day I was told that they had the wrong telephone number. Today, I took off from work and mid morning I called to see if they could give me an estimated time that he would arrive. I was told that he was there at 9:24. From 7:30 a.m. until I called at about 9:45 a.m. I did not move from the kitchen table. I had the front door and the back door wide open. There is no possible way that I could have missed the service man. The person I spoke to on the phone asked if he left a tag on my door. There was no tag. I think the service person never even came by, but reported that he did. My time is valuable at work, and I find this very frustrating!! When an appointment is made, make sure the service man comes as promised. I am writing to the Board of Public Utilities to complain also.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices