EDP Card / Mastercard Elite PlusFraudulent removal of money from bank

J

When I checked my bank statement (on line) on 7/6, I found that $159.95 was taken from my checking account. I did not recognize the name of the payee nor had I authorized such a withdrawal. When I called my bank they could tell me nothing, nor would they do anything to assist me. After a week of calling the 800 number of Mastercard Elite Plus I was told that that was the filing fee for a debit card from them. Since I already had a debit card from my own bank, I expressed wonder as to why I needed another, and was told I had ordered it on line, and $159.95 was the processing fee. When I told the person on the phone I hadn't ordered it nor did I want it, he said that he could not cancel the card. He said the only way to do anything was to notify my bank and the local police department of a fraudulent check. This whole episode has ruined my credit standing, and left me with several checks having been return for NSF. Since I live on my pensions, I pay all my bills in the first 5 days of the month, and this phone check was cashed before any of my regular bills cleared - it is like they knew when to cash it while there was still money in the account. (I'm sorry - I'm so angry and upset I am just rambling. However, I now have no money for food for the rest of the month, due to this illegal act.)

• Te
    tedegibson yt Aug 05, 2009

Actually many card company statment looking carefully it's as if make ammount bill. high cost gambling card many!! fraund statment who trusted? NO! customer nothing no idea, say. every time.
    My bank always protection my account, however, now and have a bright future? I don't know? someone, or close friend? my ID use many car loan, high limit card many apply I told credit agency but I didn't no idea, credit reporting. So, keeping protection only my self.