Doors 4 HomeDelivery damage

This company delivered an exterior door from Door 4 Home and the crate was not easily inspectable and the driver refused to wait. after removing the outer cardboard cover it was clearly damaged by a forklift. The forks tore holes through the inner cardboard and left deep gouges in the wood. Detailed photographs were sent 2 hours after delivery and the claim was denied. The driver clearly covered up the damaged and was dishonest Never use this company.

• Je
    Jeff Borajkieiwcz Dec 24, 2011

I contacted Doors4Home immediately upon opening the package (check the "properties" of the photographs) I spoke directly to your representative who instructed me to file the claim with the shipping company, who continuially denied recieving the claim after 3 attempts. I recontacted your representative who informed me that he would handle the claim with all the information that I continued to send to the shipping company. I have dated emails and phone records if you would like to see them.

• Do
    Doors4Home Sep 30, 2011

Response from Doors4Home:
    We instruct all our customers to contact us immediately upon delivery of the doors if they arrive damaged during transit. Since all of our shipments are insured we file claims and deal directly with the shipping company. We are 100% responsible that orders arrive to our customers in perfect condition.
    The customer didn’t contact us when he received his damaged door. Rather he filled a claim directly with the shipping company for $400 to repair the door. The shipping company asked the customer to provide an estimate from a professional showing it would cost $400 to repair the door. When the customer failed to provide such an estimate three months later, the shipping company denied the claim.
    Doors4Home was never involved or aware of this claim. We always replace or credit any damaged door. We are reasonable and treat all our customers as we wanted to be treated. We stand behind all our products and shipments with an excellent record of customer satisfaction.

Side note: Removing dents like that is an easy fix; check our website for a tutorial: http://www.doors4home.com/t-Removing-Dents-from-Wood-Doors.aspx