8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Retail Stores

Dollar Tree / manager

Je May 11, 2019 Review updated:

Everytime I go to this store it's always the same problem. Poor management! I was there yesterday after 5/10/19. I stood over at the register to buy some balloons as I was told to wait over there. And after about 15 min I asked the other cashier was anyone going to help me to which she finally picks up the phone and calls someone on the intercome and after about 10 more min the manager comes up and ask me what I needed and I told her balloons and then she tells me I need to go over and get in line. And after me telling her they told me to come over to where I was she looks at me and says no you need to get in line. So I put my other items back and walked out. If they do not get some managers in this place I will never shop there again. And I plan to file a complaint with the bbb because i'm sick of this.

Comments

• Km
      11th of May, 2019

Sounds like someone was giving you bad information. It's obvious to me that the cashier was wrong or lying. Not really anything the manager can do immediately if the cashier was pranking you by telling you to stand somewhere you shouldn't . The manager submit a report to Associate Services request permission to write up the employee for pranking you, but retailers of any sort can not immediately write up for fire an employee without approval from associate services.

• Su
      11th of May, 2019

The BBB. What action should they take against them? You were told to wait in the wrong line. The BBB is for reporting illegal activity, racism, and other things that they do wrong. Mistaking the line isn’t a major issue. The twenty minutes you waited won’t disrupt your life.

You chose to walk out rather than wait for assistance. You’re going to pay three times the price for balloons and search for stores that fill them. But twenty minutes would have solved the problem.

• Gu
      12th of May, 2019

They figured since you were standing there for 10 minutes that you had made up your mind as to what balloons you’d wanted. They then told you to wait in line, and tell them what balloons you had wanted, from the line. THIS WAS TO SAVE YOU TIME. Dollar tree is infamously understaffed. They don’t have time to have people specially designated to balloons.

• Su
      12th of May, 2019

@GURL..r0ckband.last..name People need to stop expecting high quality help at dollar stores. Balloons are handled by cashiers and if they’re busy, you wait. Waiting ten minutes to save a lot of money is worth it and expected. You wait at dollar stores because they don’t have full staffs ; to save money. It’s a condition to shop there. It isn’t fast but you save. If you want fast service, pay for it.

• Gu

@SubSquirrel That was my point 👌

• Um
      13th of May, 2019

Here's what I don't understand. There's a problem with party City and their helium. Like they are running out. So how come no other stores are reporting the same problem?

13th of May, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Helium is globally running out. Most of the world helium comes from here in America and Qatar in the middle east, much more is in the middle east and the resource is running out here in America and the Middle East stopped selling to America, but even there they could run out in the next 10 years if properly managed sooner if not. Helium can be manufactured but not at any significant rate that will make any difference currently, and is quite costly to do so. Chances are when we run out of natural helium there simply will no longer be helium and will need to find a new resource that will do the same.

• Um
      13th of May, 2019

@Kmart 9459 Yeah. That's my point. So if helium is running out in party City then why is it apparently NOT in dollar tree.

Seriously, you can thank my school for this. For some reason we are all helium balloon crazy.

13th of May, 2019

@Um is not an answer! I think it's because Dollar Tree and many other retailers don't care if helium runs out cause they can still sell other goods, but Party City is a party store selling only party goods, if they run out of helium they have trouble selling the rest of their goods. If dollar tree runs out of helium they still have food, cleaning, toys, hardware, housewares, etc. If they were to stop selling party goods tomorrow the rest of the store will be going. Party City if they stop selling party goods they don't have anything else to sell.