Dollar General — security
This afternoon I was at your Dollar General Store located at 830 49th St N, Saint Petersburg FL 33712. I stopped to pick up some food for my goddaughter. While in the checkout line near the front door a man began to curse at me and other customers. He came in and out of the store daring people to say anything. He had backpack a bicycle and metal fixture to lock and unlock his bike. I am a USMC Veteran and I am thinking maybe he has a gun or is going to use the metal fixtures as a weapon. He comes into the store and threatens the clerk.
He is making eye contact with me and making threats for about minute. Everyone in the store is frozen. No security, no police. I yell at him to stop drawing attention from others to myself. I tell him I armed (though I don't have a weapon). He leaves the store. My godson calls the police then I report the incident. I go back to the store and the man comes back in the store to confront me. The manager stands between us and I inform him the police are coming. The manager knows the man. The police take information and let us go. I go to my godson home to drop him off. On the way home I see the man at the store loitering.
I am never going to your stores again. I and the other customers were treated poorly because your staff failed to eject a very sick man from the store. The man bragged that he comes to your store every day. I do too but in my neighborhood.
More Dollar General Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar General - dress code 
- Dollar General - store hours 
- Dollar General - tired manager 
- Dollar General / Clover Valley / Dolgen Corp. - downsizing product / same price 
- Dollar General Reloadable Visa - never had 70.00 loaded on card and can not get company they say has to load it! 
- Dollar General - customer service 
- Dollar General - store
- Dollar General - hiring process 
- Dollar General - customer service/one employee working 
- Hilmar Dollar General - former employee