Dillard'semployee was rude

B Dec 05, 2018

I received a VIP pass for December 2, 2018 from an employee at the Dillard's store in Lubbock Texas. As this was my first time, I asked several of my friends what they normally wear to these types of events and was told everyday wear. I wore my nice jeans, nice boots and a Christmas themed t-shirt and saw most of the others in attendance wore similar clothing. I was excited to do some Christmas shopping. A employee's comment was overheard by a friend of mine and relayed to me. He stated that I looked "homely" and why was I there. I left without buying anything as I was embarrassed by what was said. I've been told since then that it was the Dock Manager who made the comment. An employee making comments like this would be bad enough, but a person in a leadership position should set a better example than this. I work in an industry with many people who shop at Dillard's as do my friends and family. Just because I may not be young and petite doesn't mean that I shouldn't be treated with respect.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices