DEREK ROBINSON TAXIDERMISTSmissing item

Last year I hunted in SA and harvested several animals. I contracted Derek Robinson Taxidermist, in Thabazimbi, South Africa to prepare the trophies to be shipped to the United States to be mounted. After much difficulty, most of the items arrived at the taxidermist in the USA but one of the skulls was missing. The SA taxidermist states that they shipped the skull but upon inspection of the crate, it is very apparent that there was no room for the missing item. I requested the name of their legal counsel or claim department but they would not provide them. The SA taxidermist states that they want to charge me for the missing item to be replaced. I am seeking legal counsel to file a claim or complaint against the SA taxidermist for loss of property and to report their sloppy business procedures. Please advise of any department that handles such issues, be it in your association or a government run entity.

DEREK ROBINSON TAXIDERMISTS
Farm Franksvley,
P.O. Box 554, Thabazimbi, 0380, South Africa
Tel: +[protected] / +[protected], Fax: +[protected]

• Al
    allhunts.com Apr 14, 2011

As a taxidermist and hunt booking agent, my clients and I have used Derek Robinson Taxidermy for years to process our shipments. No problems. However, I have had items taken out of my crate, and it appeared to happen in Africa, after leaving the taxidermist's shop. Therefore, the shipments are very well insured by a good company, incase there is a problem. Hope you locate your lost/stolen item.