Dazzle Smilefree trial scam

B

This is not a free trial !!! The scam is you believe you are paying only for shipping and handling of your trial supply with no obligation to commit immediately to any further charges or product. But they cleverly disguise within a 100% Customer Satisfaction banner on the order page...that by accepting to receive a free trial and pay for only shipping. You are automatically entered into their "elite club" and unless you return the free trial you will be charged $80 for your "free trial" and will receive further product each month @ $80 per month. This is a scam!!! You believe you are only going to receive a sample or trial sized product. But you are shipped a full size product with the intent of charging you $80 for the " free trial" And it is too late once you have provided the credit card info to cancel your order. I tried within minutes of the "discovery" but was told that I accepted. This however was incorrect as I was not directed to read and understand the full terms of the trial offer. Which by the way was inside the 100% customer satisfaction banner so it appears just to be an endorsement not billing commitments to the product now or in the future. It is very deceitful and misleading...DO NOT FALL FOR THIS ONE!!!

maureen1 Sep 12, 2009

Right on Charlie Brown!! I got gotten ONCE, NEVER again!!! I will NEVER give out my info to a website again! By the way... my bank (tdbank) gave me my money back... they always keep their word they are the BEST bank!

• Co
    cookie2326 Sep 13, 2009

i just ordered my free trial and then found this page and read all the complaints. i was shocked that i fell for this scam. i got on their website and done the chat with live operator for over 3 hours with 3 different ladies. they told me they couldn't cancel my order becuz once i hit the confirm button, it went straight to the shipping dept. and they could not stop the shipment. now we all know that is a load of crap. but then magically i mentioned contacting my bank and putting stop payments on my account so they would not get a cent and contacting the better business bureau, their tune changed. the next thing i knew was she was taking to her manager and he authorized her to cancel my order completely so i would receive nothing and be charged nothing. that was just minutes ago, so we will see. worth a try though, give it a shot. may save u some return postage, and alot of waiting.

• Ca
    candacebean80 Sep 22, 2009

I need to know if anyone has gotten there money back from this company??

• Di
    dianne123 Sep 28, 2009

I got sucked into a SCAM. They gave me a trial for 1.99 and then sucked 92.67 out of my credit card account. When I called they said that they cannot issue a refund for the 92.67. Please, buyers BEWARE of DAZZLESMILE. I will send this to the Better Business Bureau as well. They are SUCKERS and THEIVES!!!

• Er
    Erica H Sep 28, 2009

What a total scam!!! I also clicked the button and then saw where they were going to charge me $58.76 a month for the product. So I spent money to send it back...they did refund it, but are now charging for other products I supposedly signed up for but have NO information on. They have used my credit card information every month for the last two months and I didn't notice because they were for small amounts. When I called the #'s on my bank statement they said I did sign up for this and I would have to call all of them individually to cancel!!! I went to the bank and put a fraud alert on my account and had my card # changed..By the way they weren't for the same products from one month to the other either. Also after calling all the phone #'s they all have the same pre-recorded message when it answers with the same person talking...A TOTAL SCAM!!!

• Su
    suek Sep 29, 2009

these people are scamming the hell out of us!

• Ly
    lye Sep 30, 2009

There is no confusion!! they do it because they want to do it, they are just Pure SCAM . www.dazzlesmilepro.com
    is just taking your money for nothing! no guarantee, no nothing! just Unauthorized charges!
    file a charge with your bank and tell them you were a victim of a scam, they will give you your money back in 24 hours let the bank deal directly with dazzlesmilepro

• Th
    theRight1Today Sep 30, 2009

I just let them know that I didn't receive the product and they reversed the charges immediately (well the following business day). But I would suggest that you cancel your card just in case they try to charge your card again.

• Pe
    Peazedoff Oct 01, 2009

The company who actually got me on this scam is an outfit named CleanWhites or something. I ended up cancelling my credit card anyway after I got them to promise to cancel the charges. They are thieves, plain and simple. I hate government regulation, but these types of low-lifes are going to drag the poo-poo onto the internet. But no loss to this trash--they'll simply move on to other pastures or sell their granny's teeth. A reprobate's gotta do what a reprobate's gotta do, huh? I sincerely hope ther's a special retail hell awaiting this excrement.

• Mo
    mommy D's Oct 06, 2009

FREE TRIAL- all you pay for is the shipping and handling, WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!
    sure you get a free trial but your credit card is charged for the full amount then if you are not satisfied with the product you have to pay to have it shipped back this is about $3.00 and it has to be insured (don't forget that what they don't tell you is that the shipment takes 5 days to get to your home and you have to have it back to the company, AND THEY HAVE TO PROCESS IT WITHIN THE 14 DAY TRIAL). *in addition to this they have already signed you up for another product that costs 49.00 and if you don't cancel that one then you are charged for this one as well. So you think you are done? !
    1. you have called the company cancelled all the crap they have charged to your account
    2.you have a confirmation #.
    3. you have a name of the person you have spoken with.
    4. you have sent the product back with insurance and tracking.

But wait now you have something else in the mail the first package was clearly labeled DAZZLE SMILE, but this one is not labeled so you don't even think about it and open it.
    MORE CRAP from Dazzle White but now you have opened it so you now have to pay to have it shipped back (with insurance and tracking so there is another $4.oo).
    When you call the company again they say that you cancelled the 14 day trail but you didn't cancel the first 30 days that you have already been billed for. I am now very frustrated and getting very angry with the representative I have a confirmation # for the cancellation I have sent the product back and now I am getting more product, her reply was that If I wanted to be credited back for this product that I would have to send it back.
    Now I think I am done right I go to reconcile my bank statement and see multiple charges for the exact same price (healthy body, bodydtox, healthy something or other) so I again call the company to question these charges they verify that I have cancelled but the can only credit $ 48.92 back to my account when questioning why they said that was the shipping fee of the product.

So now you have paid $4.97 for the product initially to be shipped as well as you have paid for both of the shipments to be returned $8.00 more and the refund is less $o.39 so you have been scammed it for this FREE trial you have paid over $13.00.

I wanted to give you some insight on this product so you as well don't get taken It is a Scam and there are many hidden facts that you do not know about until you have already ordered your FREE TRIAL.

lori

• Ri
    richo Oct 09, 2009

I too was the victim of this bunch of scammers, it says you only pay for the delivery cost during the trial period, they then automatically start sending their product to you regardless if you want it or not, I spoke to one of their brainwashed advisors who said it was all in the terms and conditions, unfortunately you dont get to see these till after you pay, am now try to get a refund and will probably have to change C/C number to get away from them,
    surely there must be an advocacy group in the US that will go after these people? or at least get put on a news show to warn others

• Lg
    lgg7168 Oct 11, 2009

I think cancelling the credit card number is the best way. I had agreed to something (Google money kit) over the phone and they, after I agreed, said that I will be charged every month if I don't call to cancel, after telling me I would only be charged for shipping if I agreed to try the product, I said I do not agree to the recurring fee, and cancelled my card number immediately. Btw, I tried to also call the cancellation phone and it was constantly busy, so I guess I have made the right choice.

• Bi
    bigvee Oct 12, 2009

Totally agree...read the fine print
    We are not affiliated in any way with CNN, WebTV, News Channel 7, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, U.S. News or FOX. CNN, WebTV, News Channel 7, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, U.S. News and FOX are all registered trademarks of their respective owners. ® All trademarks on this web site whether registered or not, are the property of their respective owners. The authors of this web site are not sponsored by or affiliated with any of the third-party trade mark or third-party registered trade mark owners, and make no representations about them, their owners, their products or services.

* S&H charges do apply. Results will vary by person, and the special offers may only be available for a limited time. Some of the products described on this site have terms regarding continued billing after the trial period ends. This is referred to as negative option, or continuity billing. Therefore, it is important to ensure that you are fully aware of the terms associated with each product before you order. To make this easier for you, we have included links to the billing terms for each of the products below. Please keep in mind that these are separate companies and we are not the best source for information about orders or specific policies. Because these companies control their own policies, shipping and other fees may change periodically. We have linked away from our website directly to their terms and conditions pages. For the Dazzle White terms and conditions, please click here. For the South Beach Brite terms and conditions, please click here.

For the convenience of our readers, we have also included the billing information and cancellation contact info here:

Dazzle White(the following was taken directly from their website): Offer Details: When you order today you'll be signed up as a member of our exclusive preferred customer club. You will be billed $4.95 for the shipping of your 14-day day trial, then once you choose to continue whitening with the DazzleWhite Pro System the low member price of only $58.76 per month for every month. (Shipped as a fresh, 3 month supply every 90 days.) And remember, there’s never any obligation – you can cancel your membership at any time by calling [protected]. You have also unlocked your fourteen-day and twenty-eight day trial to the celebrity-proven Insider Secrets Tips package and the Comprehensive Weight Loss eBook package for just $3.24 and $7.14 a month thereafter (shows as "Web Access" and "Membership"), should you choose not to cancel. Prior charges for bonuses are non-refundable but subscription can be cancelled and future charges stopped at any time. To cancel, call toll-free [protected] for Insider Secrets and [protected] for the eBook package. No obligation, CANCEL ANYTIME! All bonus offers come with a monthly newsletter.

South Beach Brite (the following was taken directly from their website): Trial Offer and Continuity Plan Summary The following product is offered to you on a 14 day trial basis for South Beach Brite. You may cancel at any time. If you do not cancel your order before the 14th day after your order, we will automatically begin shipments of the products to you and charge your credit card for the products you ordered as set forth below: South Beach Brite To help you get started, we offer a 14-day risk free trial of the South Beach Brite with enrollment in our continuity program. You can try South Beach Brite risk free to determine for yourself if this product is right for you. When you submit your order, you agree to pay the non-refundable shipping & handling charge of $4.95 for your risk free trial. If you like the way South Beach Brite brightens your teeth, do nothing, and you will automatically be enrolled in our VIP Membership Program. If you find that the product is not right for you, simply call our Customer Service Center at [protected] to cancel before the end of your 14-day trial period. Then, just return the smile kit, even if it is used, and you will not be charged anything else. Your 14-day trial period begins when you place your order and includes processing, shipping, and transit time. If you do not receive your shipment within five (5) days of ordering, please contact our Customer Service Center at [protected]. If you do not cancel before the end of your 14-day trial period, on the 15th day after you placed your order, you will be billed $79.95 (25% discount off retail price) for the full 30-day supply of South Beach Brite received by you with your risk free trial. On day 31, we will ship your Smile Deluxe Kit which is a 30 day supply, and every 30 days thereafter, until you choose to cancel these continuing shipments. Beginning on the 30th day, you will enjoy the benefit of being a preferred customer and receive your 30 day supply shipment at a reduced price of $79.95 plus $4.95 for shipping and handling. No further notice will be sent to you. Upon shipment each thirty (30) days, we will automatically charge the credit card you used to order your risk free trial product the price of $79.95 plus $4.95 shipping & handling. Cancellations: You may cancel your continuity plan at any time if you are not completely satisfied with the product by notifying Customer Service at [protected]. However, we will not refund any amounts previously paid up to the date of cancellation or termination. You shall not receive any pro-rata refund for partial months and you remain liable for any and all unpaid charges billed through the date of cancellation. You understand and agree that cancellation of the continuity program is your sole right and remedy with respect to any dispute with Natural Source Store, LLC. South Beach Brite Advanced Tooth Whitening Pen The South Beach Brite Advanced Tooth Whitening pen is being offered to you for a onetime payment of $19.95 which is a 40% discount off of the regular retail price. Now you too can enjoy the benefits of a bright white smile with this easy to use on the go pen.

Please also recognize that the story and comments depicted on this site and the person depicted in the story are not real. Rather, the story is based on what some people have achieved with these and other similar products. The results portrayed in the story and in the comments are illustrative, and may not necessarily be the results that you achieve with these products. This page does receive compensation for purchase of products featured on this site. The seal of approval does not indicate FDA approval, nor approval of any medical association of any sort. The comments in the seal are the opinions of some dentists and is not necessarily the consensus in the industry.

• Td
    T. Dillard Oct 19, 2009

THIS TRIAL IS A STRAIGHT RIP OFF!! AFTER I ORDERED THE FREE TRIAL, I WAS CHARGED 1.47 AND TWO DAYS LATER I WAS CHARGED $48.92 BY A COMPANY CALLED WELL B HEALTH! I HAD NOT EVEN RECEIVED THE PRODUCT WHEN I WAS CHARGED AND AFTER I FINALLY RECEIVED IT, I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD BE CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL $88 FOR HAVING RECEIVED A MONTH SUPPLY OF THE PRODUCT. I HAD ALREADY CANCELLED MY BANK CARD BY THEN, HOWEVER WHEN I SPOKE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMPLAINED ABOUT THE CHARGES, I WAS TOLD THAT THE CHARGES WOULD BE AUTHORIZED IF I DID NOT RETURN THE PRODUCTS WITHIN 7 DAYS! I CANCELLED THE ORDER WITH DAZZLE SMILE AND WELL B HEALTH (WHICH AGAIN, I DIDN'T AUTHORIZE) AND I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MAILING THE PRODUCTS BACK! THE BOTTOM LINE IS, WELL B HEALTH SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAD MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION WHICH THEY RECEIVED FROM DAZZLE SMILE AND I NEVER AUTHORIZED THE CHARGES WHICH HAPPENED IN TWO DAYS, NOT THIRTY...THEY ARE A RIP OFF!!

• Vi
    victom Oct 19, 2009

I spoke with Will Perez [protected]) and he told me that the owner is Gene Dimitri. Will has backed this company for 7 plus years all-though he does agree that the hidden sales methods are right. It's charging customers for products they are unaware of . They receive over two hundred (200) complaints a day due to this method of stealing from the general public. Bianca Winters and Erica Rodriguez along with Will Rodriguez are all backers of this business but when we spoke on an unrecorded line the said they knew it was wrong and felt bad for the consumers that where involved.

• Th
    the_one Oct 20, 2009

To Dazzling Smile and Dentech Bosses and employees,

I wonder, how could you do anything like that to other people in order to get profit and live on with that. Are you happy now?. If you are loyal person, you should agree of your faults and try to fix it..!. Don't show any froot(terms and conditions) this, or that to protect for your wrongs. Dazzling Smile and Dentech you know that?. For example: Sometimes, you were so hurry and you stepped on [censored], but that [censored] was covered with a beautiful flower and you didn't know, because you were so hurry and so trustful person(careless trusted), you didn't have time, or maybe you are always a so lovely person. I don't blame you at all, I only blame to a person that knowing your "careless trustful" and put that [censored] on your way. But dont worry my friend, " If they're plant something, they will get that thing. or maybe later their generations blood will get it depend on how much they're planting for, more or less". So please stop doing of what you are doing right now!. Don't try to get people's teeths white, try to get your spirits, minds and souls white first. So, you will feel the happiness of the loyal life later.

Sincerely

Your good friend

• Cr
    crutch513 Oct 26, 2009

Why doesn't some government body step in and shut them down? The Attorney General of Aurora, CO perhaps? How about someone tell the local TV consumer reporter to expose them? Or better yet, how about Dateline or 20/20 or one of those programs? This kind of unethical business should be exposed and shut down - they make me sick.

• Sp
    spike12 Oct 26, 2009

Yes I got sucked in to this so called free trial offer. I sent back the free trial offfer. I never use it. They took $87.62 plus the $1.95 S/H out of my credit card account. I call and they said they never recive the free sample. Like I have this kind of money to just throw a way. I am so dam mad about this.

• Do
    donna sunell Oct 26, 2009

I ordered Dazzle Smile and they sent Dazzle Brite and started sending the trays without permission. I have $260 on my credit card that was not ordered. I have also been trying to cancell and send back product with little luck. The phone number last week said to call back this week because they were so busy and this week is still the same busy answer.

• Ta
    Tae Oct 27, 2009

My husband order this product which they claim is a free trail. We were charged 48.92 and then charged another 87.62 although the product was returned during the trial period. I sopke with several different people, Lulu, Alfred, Joann(Supervisor) Guillermo and others and they all assured me that if I retunred the product I would not be charged... Today I spoke with Johnny and I had the tracking information that they require to prevent the billing and he tells me that it take 5-10 days to issue a refund after they receive the product. They received the product on 10/9/09... Today is 10/26/09...I was also informed that he was not in charge of giving refunds. When I asked who was in charge of that, he informed me that it was the warehouse. when in the hell has warehouse employees been in charge of issuing refunds.. Shouldn't that be the accounts payable department. So I asked to speak with someone in that department so I could see why they have had that product for 3 weeks and still hadn't processed it, I was then told that they have no contact name or number for that department... This is a bunch of BULL... Whatever you do, please don't order anything from this company...They are a rip off... I'm going to call everyday all until I get my money back. If I have to go through this headache, they are going to have to hear from me everyday... So Lulu and crew get ready...I will be calling!!!

• Su
    susan dym Oct 27, 2009

I agree with all the info about this company and there BOGUS sell. This is the biggest rip-off I have every had the miss fortune of coming across on the internet. All the companies out there trying to make good on the internet need to do something about companies like this one, due to the low life, lying bull of this company I will never order from the internet sites again. If you did order this product cancel your card or close out how every you ordered it immediately, it's ###.

• Mr
    MrBen Oct 29, 2009

i can confirm everything that is being said about this company. I accepted a $2.90 charge for shipping of a trial product. When i checked my bank statement they had actually taken $12.90 for shipping and had signed me up to a premium account where i would be charged $87 per month. I rang and tried to cancel the whole thing, they will not let me do that! It would seem that the only way to stop this bogus company from taking my money is to cancel the card that i payed for the 'free trial' on. Avoid at all costs, it is one big scam!

• Hi
    hillarydeyoung7 Oct 29, 2009

I ordered a free trial from Dazzle White for a whitening product. I saw an article about it online with a link to the website. The website looked very legitimate and all I had to pay was $1.95 for shipping. So I ordered, and maybe a day later I started getting calls from the number [protected]. I never answered, but they called probably 5 times a day. I was getting very frustrated and I didn't want to answer a number I didn't know. I decided to look the number up online and I came across this site where people were complaining about the same thing, saying the number was calling them a lot. Someone wrote how they ordered the free trial from Dazzle Smile as well, so I kept reading. People were saying how it was a scam and that the company was putting charges on their credit cards for stuff they didn't buy. I decided to go to my bank and check my history to see if there were any fraudulent charges on there. Luckily there weren't, but I decided to cancel my debit card and get a new one just in case. I caught it early, so that is why I didn't have any charges yet. They still called about 5 times a day and about 2 weeks later I decided to answer to see what they would say. She confirmed my name and address and proceeded to tell me she was going to send me another whitening kit for a cost of $59.95 because I had to use the whole "system". I told her I didn't want or need it, and she wouldn't take no for an answer. She kept saying how I had to use both together and they were confident of the results, and I told her no 2 more times, but she wouldn't stop trying to convince me. She said they would send it and all I had to do was call and tell them "no thanks" if I didn't want it anymore. However, I didn't want to be billed the $59.95 so I continued to say "no". She still was talking about how it would be better if I did get the other product and I just hung up because I was getting really frustrated. I knew they couldn't send it without my permission which I never gave them, and the phone conversation was being recorded so I could prove I never gave permission. Also, they had my old debit card number which wouldn't even work anyways. This whole situation was frustrating, stressful, annoying, and very stupid. I know I am not the only one that has had a bad time with the company and I strongly feel they should be punished/shut down.

• Ju
    julego2 Oct 31, 2009

These companies stay in business because of people like us who are complaining. But I would like to find the woman who wrote an article about how she ordered from two different companies, DazzleWhite & Totalwhite, and was able to get her teeth whiter with no problem. She then cancelled her order with no problem. Yeh! Right. I thought this was a quick way to find out if it would work for me, too. I'm on a fixed income so I was very careful to cancel both accounts before the 14 days was up. Now I find that I have two withdrawals from my account for $88.32 and $76.82. Since I watch my money carefully both of these withdrawals put my account overdrawn. This cost me $39.00 for each amount because it put my account over my limit. Needless to say, this has really put me in a fix.

Now we get to the phone calls. I tried to call DazzleWhite @ [protected] and I get a message that the number is no longer in service. Yet, I just say the number in one of the above answer comments. When I called Totalwhite the guy told me that I had not cancelled my order. When I told him that it better be cancelled now he said that he could only give me back about $47.00 and I also had to send the sample back because that was the only way I could cancel the order. That's when I lost it. After I told him that I had to have the whole amount back, I was put on hold and then told that he would do this as soon as they received the sample back. In all the paperwork online there was never anything about sending the sample back.

Again, I am agreeing with all the complaints. How do people sleep when they know that they are ripping off so many people that trust them to do the right thing.

• Fa
    famof4 Nov 01, 2009

The complaints are valid. I am going through the same thing and am out so far over 167.00 for a "Dazzle Smile" whitening pen that doesn't work. I am upset that I trusted the ad and actually thought I could pay s&h for a trial period. This company purposely doesn't give you any fine print to read so you don't know what is going on. This will be my last attempt for any free trial regardless of the company. You can't trust anybody.

NOSMILE Nov 04, 2009

REPORT THEM TO US POSTAL INSPECTORS, BANKING FRAUD (ASK YOUR BANK) MY BANK SAID B/C I CAUGHT QUICKLY AND IT IS A FOREIGN TRANSACTION THEY'LL REFUND I CANCELLED MY DEBIT CARD DO NOT EXPECT A REFUND FROM THIS OPERATION THEY ARE CROOKS PLAIN AND SIMPLE MAKE THEM FIND ANOTHER WAY TO STEAL FROM OTHERS.

• Nc
    NC ticked off lady Nov 04, 2009

total rip off as I called to cancel and sent an email and now I have SEVERAL charges. I have cancelled my credit card and I will be filing charges as this is WRONG on so many levels. Yes I am an intelligent person who read the agreement that is why I was fully aware that you HAD to cancel which I did. Whom ever keeps posting we are sorry that you are confused about your subscription needs to stop cheating people and give us our money back. I want all 8 of the little $2.67 Int'l service fees also returned to me. May God have pitty on your soul.

Joe_G Nov 05, 2009

They keep charging me over and over.. EVEN THOUGH i returned their product with there RMA#!!! My Card is now blocked and im F'd on my rent. Why is there no such black list policy's in place to stop these charges on a national scale!!! If they can do it in Vegas they can do it with bank routing numbers!!!

• Wj
    wjohnson Nov 07, 2009

I fell pray to this ad. Now I am out $190. Today I called them and was told there was no free trial and that the first tube I received cost $87+. I am going to complain to any authorities I can find regarding this outfit. They are thieves. This is fraud. I am going to try to report them to the FBI.

• Wj
    wjohnson Nov 07, 2009

I just spoke to the bank. They are changing my card # and will file a dispute. I found other pings on my account: ($8.95, $12.95, $1.95, $.99--hard to tell whether they are coming from this dazzleSmile or the other part of that duo scam).

Not a Dazzle Smile Fan Nov 10, 2009

DAZZLE SMILE FREE TRIAL IS A BUNCH OF CRAP!!!
    I too am a victim
    I ordered my "free trial" and now even with sending back the product, I am still waiting for my 108.00 credit. Not only do they try to scam you with their own product, but they also have a third party company that will also deduct money out of your accout for some I don't even know what. I am furious that this company can do this to us, and I intend on contacting the better buisness burea for every last cent of my money back. Ps the product also taste like crap!!!

• Ka
    kazzac1 Nov 12, 2009

I'm so upset can't believe I fell for this nonsense. My bank are looking into it because although DazzleSmile are the company that I had the free trial with a company called Pristine Health actually debited a $87.62 charge earlier this week. I haven't opened the product and spoke to one of their reps earlier today, I got his employee id as he refused to give me his surname. From the info that is available on these crooks it looks as if I will have to cancel the card even if the bank refund the unauthorised charge.

• Je
    Jesse Mac Nov 14, 2009

Do not get this free trial offer. First they charged my card $48.92 the very next day and after that I came to find out if I didn't send the product back within the 14 day trial period I was going to be charged another $87.00 dollars. I am sending the product back today immediately and hoping that my money is credited back. This is not a "free" trial they charge a lot of money. I read the article by Elizebeth that sounded great. That I only would have to pay for the shipping. That was definitely not so.

• Ni
    nicole1972 Nov 14, 2009

Fraud Theses people are thieves! I was charged $88 for $1.97 free trial

• Bo
    bobtheman Nov 14, 2009

I think it's just amazing that all these people never thought once of researching whom they were buying from. One Google search and you'd find all these complaints.

• Da
    Dale53 Nov 14, 2009

Okay people, listen up. There is another post like gary1cox's by glenda2miller. Word for word except for the phone number and the website they list is "not found", I just tried it. Ignore everyone who says different, this is a scam plain and simple. The phone numbers are all "currently unavailable". We were stupid once, no getting around it but let's not fall for any more from these con artists and their supporters.

• Bi
    bibdra Nov 17, 2009

Simply amazing. I'm an intelligent person who has never before used the internet for a "free trial", and rarely order anything on line (and when I do, it's always from a major reputable company) - but the story from the woman that tried both products duped me.

The story came across like a money-saving tip, an article for those of us strapped by these economic times. I was careful in going through the trial ordering process, but naively assumed that terms for commiting to additional charges outside of the "$1.95 shipping and handling and you owe nothing more" would be prominently displayed and not hidden in the terms & conditions (which I clicked on by the way - the URL could not be displayed).

Within minutes of submitting the request for the two free trials with South Beach Brite and Dazzle Smile, I checked my account and found two charges for shipping & handling, and one more for $48.92. I called the number associated with the biller - Vibrant Beauty - and was given a cancellation number but was told the money would not be refunded until I returned the trays that were being shipped to me. Nevermind that I didn't order the trays and called to cancel within minutes - SOL. The companies also called to confirm the order - but it didn't seem to matter when I didn't confirm it - they still thanked me and billed me.

After reading the complaints here, I again called both South Beach and Dazzle Smile. Apparently my first "cancellation" didn't include the sixteen other items I needed to cancel - World of Fitness, Insider Secrets, auto shipping for South Beach, Dazzle Smile, Vibrant White, too many company names to count...

At the end of the day, I'm refuting the charge for $48.92 with my bank and have cancelled my card. I haven't received the trays yet - but will return it promptly when I receive it. The good news I guess is the return address for Dazzle Smile is right here where I live - so I intend to walk in and drop off the "unused portion" - heck with the shippiing charges (with insurance, tracking, my first born child...).

One final comment - if you look at the big picture, there's obviously a problem with the websites and ordering system if so many people are "duped", and are complaining about so many charges and problems just getting out of the "free trial" web of lies. You can apologize for the inconvenence and reference all of the terms and conditions that you want - but overall this is a far, far cry from good customer service.

• Cy
    cyp713 Nov 17, 2009

10/07/09 - I signed up for the free trials with Dazzle Smile and Clean Whites
    10/10/09 - I saw the outrageous charges on my credit card and called my credit card company to dispute the charges. I also called the companies to cancel my memberships (which I wasn't aware I had signed up for in the first place) and to ask for a refund.

10/10/09 - 11/04/09: For the rest of the month, I kept close watch on my credit card charges and sent back everything I was supposed to (the free trials) in order to get my refunds. Fortunately, I got everything refunded. However, these companies charged odd little amounts which were labeled 'foreign transactions' as well as the $49.95 and $87.62. I ended up losing about $13.00; it could have been worse.

11/17/09 - But NOW, I'm getting charged for some membership to a company ELITEPACK (the name that shows up on my credit card statement). The charge showed up yesterday. I can't believe this isn't over! I can't even find what I supposedly signed up for in the terms and conditions that Dazzle Smile provides!

I'm going to keep updating as things progress ..

• Tr
    trevor b Nov 17, 2009

I sent for a " free" sample of DazzlesSmile tooth whitener( which never arrived )- I was billed 54 G.B.pounds - after some wrangling and many phone calls I did receive most of it back! Through Dazzlesmile I seem to have joined Elitepack which is also known as WorldClubFitness -i had no knowledge of this and I had $24.82 taken from my bank account. I did phone them but they refused to refund my money saying that I had agreed to when I accepted the Dazzlesmile 'free' offer. I received nothing at all from them!. I have now managed to cancel them both. ( i hope)
    I will never buy anything or give out my bank details unless I am 100% sure they are safe and honest - e.g. Paypal. Amazon, etc etc
    These people are criminals and the Police should get involved. In my case the money was taken by a Cypress bank! beware of anyone offering any beauty products because I have had problems there also!
    What does annoy me is the attitude of the Banks - I was told that they know this goes on and they know who these criminals are, yet they pay out your money to them! Surely. it is the Banks responsibilty to the customer to inform him before they pay out their customer's cash! But I guess that is asking too much? -trevor B

• Do
    do not try dazzle smile Nov 17, 2009

i tried dazzle smile trial and i was so disappointed with the item. I could not get any out of the tube so I called to return the item and after i returned the item i was advised that i was over my 30 day trial period. i was advised that I would not get my refund or my product back that i sent in. i was out of $90 plus the product. what time of b. s. is that. if i can't get my money back send my product back. very upset. give me my money or the product back.

tracey a. barney-tate