DAPDefective tub caulk

M

Intending to do some minor bathroom repairs, I purchased a tube of DAP tub and tile caulk. The product was packaged in a plastic "toothpaste like" container which served as the applicator.

The caulk was much thicker than the similar products of a different manufacturer, which I had used in the past. The tube was sealed at the bottom end opposite the applicator end, however the sealed end of the tube had a hole punched it for ease of store display on a peg rack.

The force required to expel the product also exerted sufficient force to rupture the sealed end of the tube and squirt the caulk product all over the floor, ruin the shirt which I was wearing and all over my shoes. What little caulking I got done before giving up, was a poor job due to the thickness of the product. Most of my time was spent cleaning up. This product and its "cutsy" peg rack packaging is not recommended.

• Ta
    Tammy Baczynskyj Sep 08, 2013

I purchased the Dap X Hose from home and garden and i suppose to have a guarantee. It broke. They sent me another in August and it broke this month. I called them and they will not send another one or refund my money . They state a one time replacement. It carries the DAP name and they are suppose to support the guarantee but they keep trying to hand me off to the distributor. The people I spoke to also regarding this at the HQ are rude as well and not helpful