Craftsman Leaf BlowerEquipment dissapearing

I took my leaf blower in for repair to Sears. I was told that it would take 10 days. Two months later a lady called and told me that it needed a new carburetor for $ 90.00. I told her that was Ok and to go ahead and she told me I would be called when it was ready. One month ago after finding the right phone # I called and was told that it was ready. Today 4/18/2011 I went to pick it up and was told that it was destroyed. I was also told that a registered letter ha been sent to me and came back to them. My letter box is sealed and I never received any registered letter. My phone # is clearly on the receipt that they gave me but no phone call. On the paper work that I was given no where does it say that that an item would be destroyed after a period of time. I paid Sears $29.99 when I took the blower in for repair, at no time was there any mention of me getting my $29.99 back at any time nether loan the blower. Why would anyone put a new carburetor on a piece of equipment and then destroy it. I don't think so. I have been a customer of Sears for many years and I don't understand this non caring attitude from Sears at 1620 South Abilene St. Aurora CO 80011. I want my Leaf Blower back.

• Ba
    barry Simpson Apr 26, 2011

Misty, thank you for replying to my complaint. My current Phone # is [protected] this is the same Phone # when I purchased the leaf blower.
    I think my attitude toward this complaint is one of concern that customers can be ripped off like this.
    I look forward to speaking with you soon regarding this matter.
    Thank you. Barry Simpson.

• SearsCare Apr 21, 2011

Dear Barry Simpson,

My name is Misty and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the leaf blower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (barry Simpson) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.