Cracker Barrelservice

D Nov 16, 2019 Review updated:

I was at the Cracker Barrel on the Beltline Road location, which I patronize frequently, today November 16, 2019. I ordered the the Double meat breakfast, as I always do for breakfast. I asked for one pancake instead of biscuts. The waitress, who I did not know, said nothing about that there was a $3.99 upcharge for the pancake. I definitely would have paid that much for one little pancake. The male manager, the guy with a beard, came over and said there was no substitutions and he would not take the charge off. I told him I had not a problem in the past. He stated "this is how I was trained". I told him I would not ever be back and that was fine with him. I am a retired retail manager and you need to train your manager that there are two rules of thumb to go by.
1. The customer is always right.
2. If the customer is not right refer to rule number one.

When I was checking out Diane, who knows us well, was at the register. As always she was very pleasent as asked if our meal was good. I told her about the situation and she offered to call the manager and ask him to take it off. I told her I had already talked with him and he would not take it off because thats how he was trained. I told her I would never be back.
I hope the $3.99 charge is worth loosing my families business.

Dallon L Morris
3207 Manassas Run SW
Decatur, AL 35603

• E
      Nov 16, 2019

I've heard that Cracker Barrel doesn't allow substitutions without an up-charge but I don't frequent that chain, so I don't know for sure. You could probably find out for sure by contacting Corporate... not really a good idea putting your contact info on a public website.