zenith financial and trust / Fake lotto check

1 1885 Wilson AveToronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-647-889-8482

I recived a lotto winning check in the amount of $4, 875.00 from a company called Zenith Finacial & Trust, For DE-LOTTO AMERICAN SHOPPERS LOTTERY .That was " held on Sept 25th 2008 stateing that i had won in the total amount of $125.000.00 . BEWARE IT'S ALL FAKE! The first clue was I never enter lotto's, the second clue was no return address... Don't take just my word for it, read others commplaint

De

Comments

27th of Oct, 2008

sent me fake check for 2875$ said i won shoppers lotto

• Ph
      6th of Nov, 2008

I just received a from Zenith Financial and Trust. I decided to go on the web to see if anyone else had recieved a check. I wanted to make sure that it was a scam. I work for a bank and have seen too many people be takenin by this and other scams of this nature. People be careful and very aware especially If they ask for any personal or financial info.

• De
      1st of Dec, 2008

I to received a $4875.00 check and checked this zenith finanical out on the web and of course came across this complaint board ( thank goodnes!!) i did not enter the de-lotto or any other looto and never use the name demetri so i knew this was a scam. guess the old saying still holds true if it seems to good to be true it probly is not ture.

1st of Dec, 2008

I completely agree!!! I received my FAKE check today, December 1, 2008. The check was dated November 26, 2008. This warning has saved me and my family from a lot of forseen misery!! THANK YOU!

• Su
      1st of Dec, 2008

well, i just opened my mail and found a check from this "zenith bank" for $4875.00 too!!! has anybody contacted the Better Business Bureau or another agency to fight these con artists?????

• Ge
      15th of Dec, 2008

We just receieved a check from Zenith bank as well. We were excited at first, but I started to think that this may be too good to be true so I too looked it up on the internet and found all the complaints. I think that we will call the number and get as much information from them as possible and then post it to the internet so that others will have a complete picture as to what is going on. Maybe we somehow see to it that they are stopped.

• Ge
      18th of Dec, 2008

I too got the check for 4, 875.00 . But was told not to cash it until I called . The letter noted to send 2, 875 to the tax agrent either by western union or momney gram . Hmmmmmmmm strange isnt it. I wonder just how many poor people sent them the check only to find out they have been scamed. It's very sad . They should be stopped. How can we join together to stop them? count me in

• St

TO HAPPY BUT A LITTLE UNSURE TO I WENT ON THE INTERNET TO
    IF THE BANK WAS REAL UNABLE TO FIND THE BANK. IS THIS A SCRAM

• Pl
      29th of Dec, 2008

I also recieved a fake check Lotto Check from Zenith Financial and Trust. Again it stated I was a winner of the DE-LOTTO AMERICAN SHOPPERS LOTTERY held on November 25th 2008. The check was in the amount of 4875.00 from Chase Manahattan Bank, Babylon, NY. I called the claim number and got a foreign speaking person who's name was supposely Larry Benson. I could hardly understand him. I asked him about the fraud complaints on the internet and he assured me that it was not true and the check was vaild. Due to the comments other's left on this site, I called my bank to verify the check. It was a fake and this is a scam. Do not deposit this check or give any personal or financial info to these people. I'm turning this information over to our local attorney general office and also to our local TV station who broadcast fraud alerts in our community. I thank all the people who left comments on this scam. Because everything looks so real especially the check. I hope this will keep someone else from losing any of their hard earned money too.
    Concerned in Little Rock, Arkansas
    PLT.

• Ib
      21st of Jan, 2009

I received a 4, 875.00 check. I then decided to spend it on that bridge in Brooklyn I always wanted!!! Lucky me!

26th of Jan, 2009

I just received the check dated Jan. 19, 2009. I figured it was a scam, but my hopeful heart stopped me from throwing the letter away. Instead I searched for complaints and there were plenty. Thanks!!! Now I could go to bed with a clear mind. If it sounds too good to be true...

• Pu
      3rd of Feb, 2009

My husband received a check from Zenith Financial and Trust stating that he had won $125, 000 and was sent a check for $4, 875 to be used for GOVERNMENT TAXES after depositing it into your account. The money was not to be deposited until you called this man in Canada named Larry Benson.After checking the internet and calling my bank, it all boiled down to a scam. Buyer beware!!!

• Je
      7th of Feb, 2009

We recentley recieved a check from Zenith Financial And Trust in the amount of $4875.00. Mailed Jan.26, 2009 for a so called drawing held on Nov.25, 2008.I was told to deposite the check, and when it cleared to pay the government taxes by Western Union directley to the tax agent in CANADA!! There were never any funds in the account the check was written on, so my bank put a hold on the funds. The Claim/Disbursment Agent LINDA ROBERT said give it a few days, they would be there. I was then given the name, address and phone number of the "Tax Agent" DAVID WILLIAMS(Also in CANADA) He was polite but rather adament about sending the money IMMEDIATELY so I could recieve the remainder of my "Winnings."$120225.00 The check was sent back NO FUNDS AVAILABLE!!! I am out $7.00 for a returned check fee, but thankfully no more than that. Needless to say this is nothing more than a SCAM!! I advise anyone who recieves a letter like this to report it to your local post office as Mail Fraud. They can and will investigate and hopefully help put a stop to LEECHES like this!!! BE CAREFUL!!! Yours Helpfully, Jean Nelson

• Af
      10th of Feb, 2009

I RECEIVED A CHECK FOR 4, 875 IN THE MAIL TODAY 2-10-09 FOR THE SAME AS ALL THESE OTHER FOLKS, THEY SHOULF BE ARRESTED FOR SOME KIND OF MAIL FRAUD. The money was not to be deposited until you called this woman in Canada named LINDA ROBERT.After checking the internet, it all boiled down to a scam. Buyer beware!!!

• Co
      12th of Feb, 2009

I too received the much talked about check today from Zenith Financial Services, $3, 950.00 was the sum printed on there "Official Check"! I too was told in the verbage of the letter to conatct either Peter White or Sandy Stevens. Playing along with the scam I decided to call just to hear for myself the scam. It was defintely funny that he could not tell me his name in broken English until I gave him the so called winner's claim number. It's a true shame that there are people who look for the easy way out of earning an dollar. I hope whom ever is behind this is served there poetic justice!

• Ti
      15th of Feb, 2009

I want to thank everyone who posted their comments. I too got a check the other day in the mail for 4, 930.00 and was told not to do anything until I called them to talk about the details. They said that the check was to be used for taxes on the winnings of 85, 000 dollars. I almost immediately came online to check out the validity and saw all the comments about this being a scam. I agree with everyone else...these people should be prosecuted!

• Bo
      17th of Feb, 2009
    zenith financial and trust - Fraud
    Zenith Financial and Trust

Received a fake check from Zenith Financial and Trust, 101 Krestel Dr. College ville, Pa. 19426.
    How can we put a stop to this and this guy arrested ?

17th of Feb, 2009

I also received a check for $4, 875.00 today check dated 02/09/2009. I emmidiatly contacted SunTrust Bank for verivecation of the account and they said that such an account does not exist and no such branch at the address given by these criminals. This is a fraud and these people needs to put behind bars. I hope that goverment official will go after these people and put in jail for a while. So they will be deterant for other devil minded to think twice before they attempt to rip-off people.

Amal

18th of Feb, 2009

I just received the check over the weekend and thought it would be a scam. The thing is that I called the number listed on the letter and did not block it. Can they use my telephone number for something? What is the purpose of this scam? Now I am all nervous...

• In
      19th of Feb, 2009

Today i wen't to the mail box to retrieve my mail, and after thumbing through the usual junk mail and bills, i came across a blank envelope with only my name, address and cancelled postage stamp on it (no return address). Suddenly i got a tremendous urge to take a dump. Rushing back to the house to get to the rest room i cast aside all of the expected mail and cradled this mysterious envelope in my hand as i dashed to the restroom, dropped my pants, and mounted the toilet. My physical relief was followed by an excited hope as i opened this letter that stated i had won $450, 000 dollars, and had an accompaning (authentic) check in the amount of $4950.00 dollars from Zenith Financial Services (drawn on a Plantation Federal bank business account)...as my head swirled between ambiguity and excitement i was filled with anxiety. But being confined to nature's process, i couldn't immediately confirm or dismiss this letter of hope. Having a little time on my hand, i attemped to find the catch that would signal this being the usual gimmick that informs you that you're only a finalist and will be "eligible" to recieve the grand prize "if"!!!...But to my sursprise, there was none. Only the vague mention of maybe having to use the check i recieved to pay some kind of taxes before i recieve the life changing portion of my winnings...that's all!!!
    Finally the chains of nature released me from it's bondage, i flushed, and in anticipation bolted from the restroom to inform my wife and kids (with a sorta sarcastic hope) that we may have won nearly a half million dollars, showed them the check for $4950.00 thinking if all else fails we have a check for 4950.00 for sure, which in these tough financial time would be a welcomed consolation. So, despite the fact that it was after the business hours stated in the letter, i Pick up my cell phone and called the contact number provided in the letter (it was 9:45pm EST/ 6:45 PST, some 45 mins. after the business hours provided in the letter), And after a recording prompted me to dial the extention provided, lo and behold a women answered saying that she was susan stover a claims agent, asked for my claim number, i read it back to her, she asked me to hold on until she pulls it up. After a brief pause she then comes back to the phone and says: "you'll have to call back tomorrow", that i "should be very happy" and good bye...???
    My daughter suggested that i go online and check it out, and so i did. needless to say, we found this site (thank god for the internet!, not that they would have gotten a dime out of me anyway! I'm way too cheap for that) and recieved the sobering truth through testamony after testamony from others on this site who may not have had the opportunity that i had as i sat on that toilet.
    Had i known when i sat there, i would have flushed it along with the rest of the [censored]! because it certainly wasn't worth even the effort to find out it was... :)

THIS IS A SCAM FOLKS, AND IT'S NOT EVEN A SMOOTH ONE!!!...the people on the other end of the phone are way too stupid and unprofessional.