Yodle / Scam and Unauthorised Card Theft

1 9157 El Verano WayGilroy, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 408.209.8945

To every small unsuspecting business beware; of the tactics of Yodle. This company is a scam. I was first contacted by a slick sales team to increase my business with internet sales.
Although I already had a web site and was receiving a fair amount of hits obviously a management trustworthy company would be a real asset. During our discussion I asked to show me real time examples of how Yodle could work for me. They took me to two websites and said "educated" me about "organic fields" as they put it. So on the web tour I was promised that my services in Solar energy would be posted on the first page with one of the key words they would create for my company to be targeted.

It seemed so promising I agreed to sign on with an initial $1, 604 dollar authorization only against my credit debit card. I said specifically that I wanted a review and report of my money invested if this turned out to be a pour source of leads. They promised me a web site and search engine within 2 working days. It actually took 8 business days. What I got was a virtual Yodle based software interactive site. Now after a week later I decided to check the internet and plugged in a local city and area for my services. Not only did I not see my company links posted what would have been posted before never made it on any pages. I contacted this company to correct it. They said my assigned associate would tweak our key words and we would be up and running. Again I contacted them and could not find my listings. I spoke with regional sales manage after he finally called me back.

Yodles team manager said that hits are an algorithm bases and that they auctioned sales clicks to Google. Fine I said than why is it anytime I use my key words and services I do not show up anytime? The company promised that unless I got clicks and sales connections charges would be "Rolled Over". My miss conception it what they meant was that you would be rolled over in the prone position.

It was during tax time and my book keeper informed me that I had charges from Yodle in excess of $5, 075.00 and for what? It turned out Yodle without my permission was running my card up without any statement invoice, notice and more importantly my expressed review and authorization. I have contacted my credit card company and have disputed the charges. I will say this to any person or company Yodle is a scam they do not deliver and should be investigated for questionable business practices. If any people reading this commentary have fallen victim by Yodle please contact me. I would like to head up a fraud report with simular experiences to expose this company.
I can be reached at:

Ra Tech Solar Inc.
email: markthompson@ratechsolar.com
408.209.8945

Comments

4th of Jun, 2010

It's always important to research the company before you get into bed with them.
    In my opinion, the larger the company is not always the better.
    I went with zumseo.com and they've worked wonders.
    Small boutique office with the consumers needs at the forefront.
    Good Luck!

• Ri
      9th of Jan, 2011

Not uncommon since it happened to me as well. I was on a demonstration with a rep Zach, and I asked after seeing an account he showed me that was performing I wanted to see the other accounts in the area. He got very awkward when I asked him that, and said he only had permission from this client. Later that day my friend asked for a demo for his plumbing business, and we realized that Yodle only shows their few accounts that are performing.

Demand to see multiple accounts and watch the BS lies come up. It was this alone, as well as the amount of calls per budget, which also turned me off. From my previous experience with adwords, Yodle gets you 200 dollars worth of adwords ad-copy generation for what they charge at about $813.37, through my calculations and talking with other plumbing companies who got screwed by Yodle.

MY ADVICE STEER CLEAR BECAUSE THEY MANIPULATE YOU THROUGH FEAR INTO BUYING.

• Yo
      15th of Apr, 2011

I was a victim of yodle but now they are my victim haha . To all victims of yodle how to get your money back. Go to your bank and tell them that they have withdrawn the money with out your permission they will ask yodel to prove that they had permission and they wont provide any because they don't have permission. So the bank takes the money out of there account and puts it back in yours . I did what yodel did to me. fair is fair yodel

• Sc
      6th of Sep, 2011

As a general rule always Google scam after a company's name and see what pops up. There are shady company's like this everywhere, and they trick people into buying their product, and even work for them! If a company is asking for you credit card over the phone, that is a tell tale sign they are not to be trusted. Check out their website too, if it looks nice but you can't really figure out they do, that is a another flag. Just a few quick tips.

• Er
      27th of Dec, 2012

I did not have a contract or agreement for services, yet I have been charged for the last 8 months

4th of Jan, 2013

Hi Eric - This is Jasmine Teer from the corporate communications department at Yodle. I just spotted your message, and if you are open to speaking with me, I would like for you to get in contact with me so I can look into these charges and resolve this matter for you. You can email me at jteer@yodle.com or call my office at (212) 542-5403. Best regards in the new year.

• Ca
      11th of Apr, 2013
    Yodle - Harassment
    Yodle
    Austin
    Texas
    yodle.com

Andrew- Why are you still calling our office? We have asked to be put on the "do not harrass" list for the past 6 months. Still, you insist on calling us multiple times a day. We have now reported you and your personal line to the police. Stop calling our office. You think you would get the hint when we answer and immediately put you on hold. You are annoying. Leave us alone a nd the authorities have been notified.
    Love always,
    Chiropractor in Austin

• Er
      27th of Dec, 2013

Unauthorized charges, again! I had charges from May 12 - Dec 12...contacted company sent deactivation notice but been continually billed for 2013. Company overcharges in excess of 20k

• Sy
      16th of Jun, 2016

I called Yodle April 1 to cancel my contract that I had for $199 for 6 month I stuck to my part of deal. I told Yodle that I will continue until the end of month only and end after 6 month. I actually got 2 more accounts through word of of mouth. Not one through there help.I did not need anymore and especially at the rate of what they were charging. Better Business was charging only $14 a month if I wanted to continue to advertise. Right after I gave notice I had bigger problems with Frontier who disconnected my phone not just once but twice. SO us California have to deal this and these companies take NO for answer. I will never use a credit card again it will be checks only as long as long as they exist. I will keep my zero balance and say NO!

• Yo
      20th of Jun, 2016

Hi Symphony - I'm sorry to hear you had problems cancelling your account with Yodle. If you are still having issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at 646-768-3690. Best, GB.