XS Cargo / USB flash memory drive

1 Surrey, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

I purchased an advertised 16GB USB flash drive at XS Cargo. When I tested it I found it's only 1GB but tells Windows it's 16GB; it lets you save 16GB of data on it but it loses the last 15GB. I now know that fake drives like this are commonly sold on eBay. I don't yet know if XS Cargo is knowingly selling fraudulently misrepresented merchandise or is a victim themselves; their response when I told them of this problem was "contact our head office via our website" which I did as best I could, since they allow only 450 characters. I'm waiting to see if they respond. Meanwhile, don't purchase any USB flash drive you can't return for a refund, and test all new drives immediately with the free program "H2testw" before saving your data on them.

Ka

Comments

• Sm
      11th of Feb, 2012

Hi,

I recently purchased a USB thumb / flash drive from XS Cargo. I do not recall the name / model but the interesting thing is that when I brought it home and plugged it into my computer, my computer crashed to the "Blue Screen of Death" and my Kaspersky Internet Security / Antivirus popped up seconds before this occurred to say that a driver was acting suspicious. My computer thankfully recovered but the USB flash drive was a total dud. Not sure if it instaleld malware... seems my Kaspersky caught it in the nick of time. Said "Made in China" and was either a no-name USB or some entirely forgetable name that couldn't be Googled!!! So thanks for posting your comment kafubu. I figured I wasn't the only person experiencing these sort of things with suspicious electronics from XS cargo. They did offer me a refund, rare but if you push, they will yield... afterall, deep down they know they are selling junk! Cheers!

• Ji
      2nd of Apr, 2013

Maybe you should've formatted it ###!!!