XM Talent / service

1 42656Fremont, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 408-000-0000

After reading the complaint posted I was surprised that this person was so upset. I know that they are very limited and selective to who signs with them, and my understanding is not everyone gets in. I can see how that may upset some parents. I was at the same audition the day a parent came in and was upset that thier child was not picked. It's too bad that they may have felt it was nessary to bad mouth such a great company because they choose not to work with their child.

As a parent that did sign with xmtalent, I found them to be very professional and knowledgeable in the industry. After researching other companies in the area we felt that was the best company for our daughter. My daughter loves it!! and I can see the
change in her. They have done everything they said they would and so much more.

My husband and I would recommend them to anyone looking to get into this industry!
They have also been nomimated as "best talent studio" in the Bay Area by KRON 4 station.

Sincerly
Mrs. Ziglar
San Jose, Ca.

More XM Talent Complaints & Reviews

Comments

5th of Oct, 2009

I would disagree it's not just that child did not get picked. It's that they don't tell you up front it involves money. My child was picked but I was skeptical, so I found out some more info and found out you had to pay for sessions. I don't doubt it's a great company - if you've got the money. But I feel like they don't tell you up front if your child gets picked you'll have to pay. Although if they are really interested in your child they'll find a way to work around the money issue. I don't know, we'll see.

7th of Feb, 2010

It sounds to me like an employee from the company wrote this so they wouldn't sound so bad. I feel like yes indeed they are a scam. If they feel like the business they are running is legitimate then the first thing they would tell you was that it costs money. I don't understand why they feel it is necessary to hide the money part till the last minute. I did not enroll my child because I feel like they were unprofessional but that is just my opinion.

• Lm
      26th of Jul, 2010

I also completely agree with this. I've checked into talent agencies alot and everything I have read said to not trust any agency who requires you to pay for coaching. That is how they make their money, a good agency makes their money from the kids they represent, not coaching. We went through the whole thing, they act like they are interested and that your child is getting a call back, then they hand you a flyer on your way out the door stating you have to pay for this "once in a lifetime opportunity for only $2995." And all the training your child will need in one weekend! Seriously? One weekend of training for 3 grand! Give me a freakin' break! That's more than our whole months salary! Don't even give this agency a second thought, keep your money and run! There are tons of agencys out there who don't make you pay a dime! And always check out the BBB and make sure they have a good reputation!

• Ha
      24th of Sep, 2010

All I can say is that this agency is all about fleecing people out of their money. They never tell you the actual cost, until the last minute and then try to trick people into signing up for the dubious sessions or else their kids lose their spot. They select a very large number of kids, so that their scam can be tried out on a good number of families.

We lost $500.00, because we decided to cancel the agreement and they promised us a refund, until this day, we have not gotten one cent out their people.

Do Yourself and Your Family A Big Favor and Stay Away From XM Talent Fremont, unless you have tons of money and don't care about being fleeced and having your kids filled with fake promises and useless studio sessions. Many attractive kids can find modeling jobs, just by sending a few picture to real modeling agencies, without expensive and often useless modeling classes.

• Qu
      31st of May, 2011

I agree with the other parents my daughter was the next thing best thing since slice bread..We joined the company my daughter attended to classes..A family emergency happened and tried to cancel membership and we were told it would be no problem over a year and a half later still haven't received any money and they will not return my calls / emails...$800.oo dollars scammed out of my pocket...

• Ro
      21st of Jun, 2011

I am going to sue them..but i need peoples help... email me rosa.godoy3@gmail.com... if your willing to sue them too... am making a group who are willing to sue them and go to court... i have proof... and also cesar zepedlla has a facebook and sal too...

• Jp
      29th of Nov, 2011

Yes, you should all sue them as you have all been defrauded. Total scam of a company. Look up the owner of the company, Mary Valencia - Models International and you will see she was convicted of the same fraud years ago with her other model "agency". She is a liar and a crook as are her cohorts, Cesar and Sal.

• Be
      3rd of Dec, 2012

I was scammed by Mary with Models International many years ago. I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE DID THIS AGAIN!!!