xBids / Cheated after wining an auction

I understand the pros and cons of penny auction sites, so I'm not here to debate that. I will tell you about my experience, which was horrible. My wife spent $75+ to purchase bids in the hopes of getting a deal on possible Christmas presents for our kids. She was bidding for hours on a 32 Mb Apple iPad, laboring through endless 15 second clock resets. FINALLY, the auction ended and she had won it for $88.99. All good huh? NO.

This is when the trouble started. Even though we could click on the item or auction number (#15187) and see it clearly state that she (kdunk) had won, the item did not show up in her "Won Auctions" page, so she could not pay for it. In several various pages on their website, it clearly stated that she (her user name) was the winner. We had 7 days to pay for the item, but we had no way to do it. We contacted their Customer Support and got the simple answer that "we consider the issue closed", but with NO explanation. Thinking they just had a technical glitch, I gave them time to fix it. We sent e-mails to their Support desk every day, and now, on the 8th day without resolution, we go to the same page that listed her as the winner and today they have someone else listed as the winner...with never so much as an explanation.

I have reported them to BBB and plan to file a legal complaint with the DA. I'm sure some poeple are happy with their experience (maybe), but ours was terrible and I would recommend to anybody not to fall for their amateurish way of doing business.

Md

More xBids Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Gb

XBid phone number: 925-824-3172
    9 to 5 pst

• Pa
      25th of Nov, 2010

The same thing happenend to me this morning, Thanksgiving. I am troubled the most because it was not CLEAR that a 75.00 charge would be made to use the stupid bid service. I will try to stop payment thru my credit card company. The Better Business Bureau will also get a complaint about the Wavee.com crooks.

• Pa
      25th of Nov, 2010

Beware of Wavee.com scams to cheat you out of $75-175.00 bidding kits. Formal complaint filled with the better business bureau this morning on Thanksgiving. This company was referred thru pricegrabber a ligit on line organization. Beware consumers as you shop on line for this kind of treatment. It's cruel.

• Gm
      29th of Nov, 2010

XBIDS.com is a similar penny auction scam site. There are thousands of complaints about these sites. If you paid by credit card dispute the charge straight away. Call the scam sites toll free number where no body answers. There is no address of these auction sites.If you back it up with these complaints with your credit card company your credit card charges will be creditted back to you. The more people dispute these charges with their credit card companies the sooner these sites will be put out of business. I wish this happens to a high power attorney so he can sue them in court.

• El
      4th of Dec, 2010

I found PriceShuffle advertised on CNN of all places. I immediately complained, and soon after received a reply that I would be refunded in 3-5 business days. How can they get away with this nonsense for so long now?

xBids.com seem to be related. I also found them on CNN.com.They only charged me $75.00 without my express permission. CNN needs the advertising money so much they let these crooks on their site? Wut?

25th of Jan, 2011

Xbids is a fraud in my opinion. Whatever you do, do not use this website. I tried to use a few "free" bids that were offered and gave them a credit card charge of $75, for what I assumed was held to be used if I ran over the free bids. After 2-3 bids, I realized that this would not work for me, so I canceled the acct. Now I have a charge on my credit card that I can not do anything about. There is no way to contact them once you cancel your account, which is what I did, as now you have given them whatever is left in your account. When you email, they give you the run around and state that once you cancel your account, the money is theirs!! A high priced scam in my opinion. Don't be misled like I was!!!

• Er
      1st of Feb, 2011

xBids is a fraud really. I won two auctions last December but until now no delivery of the items I won. In order to stop victimicing other people I wrote this experience with xBids. I hope the people behind this scam will be arrested and put to jail for good. The authorities must check these fraud.

• Cy
      1st of Feb, 2011
    xBids - not sent refund as promised
    xbids

Customer service emailed me that they would credit my visa $75.00 more than a month ago. I can't contact them- their web site says they are doing maintenance on their web site

• Al
      12th of Feb, 2011

They did that to me too. I won a 17" Macbook Pro last December 05, 2010 and it was suppose to be a Christmas gift for my son. I emailed them several times after the specified date of delivery but up to now, Feb. 12, 2011, I haven't recevied anything yet. I visited their website and it's under maintenance for more than 2 weeks now. Let me know how to complaint to the authorities to get these ###.

Now, I am skeptical on buying anythin online because of xbids.

• Mo
      15th of Feb, 2011

I have been trying to get my money back since December. They also promised me that I would have my money refunded within 30 days - which would have been Feb 4th. I had no idea how their web site worked and felt cheated. Now I feel even more cheated! I am going to contact my bank and dispute the charge. From what I understand, they will put the disputed funds in a "dispute" type file and after no response from X-Bids after so many days, theyt will refund me my money. I read about it on line. Try it out yourself! Good luck!

• Cs
      15th of Feb, 2011

Did anyone file a formal complaint? I am in the same boat and now the website has been under construction for weeks. I paid for my bids and for the items and have never received anything.

• Al
      16th of Feb, 2011

Let me know where and how to complaint and I will do it.

• Sh
      18th of Feb, 2011

Thank you for that! The same thing happened to me. I am going to contact my bank today. I already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

20th of Feb, 2011

I filed a complaint with CA attorney general - they have a web page to file ..

and dispute your credit card charge..

Bruce

• Gi
      27th of Feb, 2011

I also was scamed by X-BIDS ...won a item (Kindle) payed for shipping and never recieved my item someone please help me ...been waiting sense 1/11/2011 for it to arrive...Thanks Gina

• Ra
      3rd of Mar, 2011

The exact same thing happened to me, but it's $95 they ripped off from me. I when through Discover card, but they had no luck getting my money reimbursed. In addition, I went to the BBB and although they acknowledged the receipt of my complaint I have not heard anything since. This whole incident leaves me with a very bad opinion of the company's ethics, and business practices. This whole thing makes me sick, and I haven't been able to do anything about getting my money back, Xbids are a bunch of crooks!!!

• Ss
      7th of Mar, 2011

Xbids ripped me off for over $7000 worth of items I won. They never delivered the items before they closed down. Visa debit card with Wells Fargo was used and they won't help. Wells Fargo is just as big of crooks as Xbids as far as I'm concerned!!

• Mi
      11th of Mar, 2011

i won my bid at xbids, on 12/13/2010.a $100.00 gift card.it was confirmed, i even have a comfimation #.i emailed the site, they said everything was fine the card is on its way just give it time.that was 3 months ago.the web site wont come up says under maintinance.when you call a voice says go to the website.im out $75.00 and no way to contact anyone.dont use xbids. anyone have an idea how to fix this?thanks mike w

6th of May, 2011
    xBids - scam
    xbids

HAD $150.00 ON CREDIT CARD.HAVE BALANCE OF APPROXIMATELY $140.00.SITE NO LONGER ACTIVE. CANNOT CONTACT THEM.HOW DO I GET MY MONEY?

• Mi
      20th of Jun, 2011

I got screwed by xbids too but I was in the process of building a house and found myself very very busy to research how I should contest it. I would love to have disputed this with my CC company but I just let it lay too long, ( over 6 months now ), so I think I just have to eat it.