Winferno / Unauthorized charges

I signed up for Norton on Sept 4, 2008. The cost was $69.99. We could not get it to download so I went with another antivirus and requested that I not be charged for something that I did not get. I have it on my Visa card and do not want to pay for product not rendered. I am calling Visa and telling them that I am taking $69.99 off my bill. I have used Norton before and might again.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I am not shocked. Their 20.00 rebate check to me bounced. Good luck!

• Ri
      13th of May, 2009

I also bought an ANTI VIRUS by W I N F E R N O...for $99.00... I then had problems with My BRAND NEW COMPUTER ...I took it to BEST BUY and they said that WINFERNO did not install an ANTI-VIRUS...They installed a VIRUS instead...They said it is NOT a LEGITIMATE COMPANY...I THEN HAD TO HAVE CREDIT CARD SHUT OFF...

• Ku
      9th of Dec, 2010
    Winferno - The name of the software that you must not purchase is &Registry Power Cleaner&
    Winferno.com
    winferno.com

I just noticed that the name of the software was not made available because I thought the type of website would show it in the review. The name of the software that you must not purchase is "Registry Power Cleaner" and they will offer you a free scan. Stay away I tell you, they don't have the trained techs to back it up if something goes wrong with the installation!