Wildblue / WildBlue software corrupted my new $1600.00 computer!

After a couple of weeks with Wildblue my computer kept crashing. Tech. (non)supt. suggested my computer was too slow, so I ordered a new Dell XPS710. Their tech came out and loaded all the software on for me and couldn't get it to work....said my computer was busy downloading new updates and that it should work in a couple of hours. Never did, so I disconnected Wildblue and hookedup my dial-up. My new computed would not work....kept getting "Wildblue errors." Hired my own tech to come out and he said my startup files were now corrupted and I needed to return my new Dell to Dell to repair. Called Wildblue for the zillionth time (incredibly rude) "care and escalation" rep told me I couldn't talk with a management person, nor could I get a Wildblue repair tech to come out because I now had a defective computer. I couldn't get out of the contract because it took Dell three weeks to make the computer and that put me over the 30 days. I am now out $1600.00 and will have to hire an attorney. BEWARE!!!

D  14th of Jan, 2007 by
I think your an idiot. Wildblue installs no software your system. Note: I say that because no software is required to run it. Works over TCP/IP. Because your Dell (POS) had a software meltdown does not mean that the hardware is wrong. Hope you get that attorney and charges $400 per hour because you wasting your time.
D  4th of May, 2007 by
It sounds like you've been taken by Dell (not unusual) and by the computer tech. There is a download software, or at least there was with Direcway, but I don't see how this made your system crash.

You might just look into reloading your OS that came with that machine. The attorney is just going to tell you the same thing.

I just signed up for WildBlue. Had been using Hughes.net. Talk about a scam! They limit the amount of downloads you can do and neglect to tell you that! I've been with them for over 5 years and was never informed of a limit. I've signed up for a class action lawsuit against Hughes. Right now, all that I've read about WildBlue sounds like DSL heaven.
N  6th of Mar, 2008 by
They both limit your downloads just read the info AND the CONTRACT unlike many fools so you dont become one also that don't do there homework.

Know that there non-standard charges usually associated with the install esspecially if you want it done right... you get what you pay for... to the first post- sounds like you have a toasted computer that started as a lemon.. feel free to comment back as I am a W/B tech myself and no none of us are employees we run a buisiness and have to pay for everything... our time is $$$$ just like yours is... feel free to call (360)566-5326 if you have any questions that I may be able to help you with... Nate.
D  18th of Apr, 2008 by
I am a Wildblue installer. I has installed hundreds of systems.
I have only had a few unsatisfied customers. They are the one's that know NOTHING about computers. The other ones that complain are trying to run 3, 4, or 5 computers on a 500bps service. I have read some of the complaints posted on here. Some are just out right lies. First. All Wildblue Techs are here in the US.
NOT in India. Wildblue does NOT install any software in your Computer. Wildblue has a Download limit. It is 7, 500 MB over a rolling 30 days. That is for the Value plain. Hughs net is 2, 500 a month. The higher the plain the More Download you get. You cant run 6 ebay sites on the value plain. Spend the money and get a higher plain. Wildblue only installs the system on ONE computer. If you want to add more, then don't blame Wildblue because your trying to run 3 computers on the Value Plain. Your expect to run 3 computers for $49.95 a month? Spend the extra money. If you had dial-up for $20.00 a month you couldn't run 3 computers on it. Most of the complaints on here are from people that complain about everything. Take a computer course ! The old expression is, You bought a Volkswagen and expect a Cadillac !
N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by

WildBlue - Serious customer neglect

I can't stand it one more second. I'd spare you my rant, but this takes the cake. My service keeps dropping and can't get my email to work, so i call the Tech number and would have to wait 50 minutes to talk to a techie. So I hang up and opt for live chat of a techie but worse things are happening and their live chat webpage returns "page not found' error. Locked out and hopelessly disappointed. I'm out of patience now - i'll try again tomorrow.
A  3rd of Jun, 2016 by
I've had exact same thing happen several times since i hooked up with WILDBLUE 1/10/08 what a mistakethat was!!! WILDBLUE DON'T CARE IF YOUR SERVICE WORKS OR NOT= ON AND OFF INTERNET; VERY SLOW WITH THE$69.95 a month deal (rip off) they just do not care about thier customers at all.