Westwood International / Non-delivery of merchandise

Philippines Review updated:
3.75
BEWARE !!! don't get SCAM...

This telemarketing people are scams. They offered vacation package that is actually not real. They didn't send any confirmation letters or any agreement in regards of the sale. They took the money right away from my credit card for the amount of US $499.00 and more than three weeks have passed but the merchandise or certificate of the vacation package has not been received. They will tell you on the phone that you can cancel in within 6 to 8 weeks if in case you change your mind. Four days after the transaction upon reading a complaint posted in this site I tried to call the phone numbers that was given to me but for the 3 telephone numbers provided, all are not working. These people are based on the Phils. but they pretended that they are in California. I requested thru e-mail so many times and once spoke with their customer service for them to cancel and refund my credit card but they are ignoring my requests. They will call my phone even in the middle of the night but if you will try to return call the phone number it will just give you a sound brrrrrrr. PLEASE TELL OTHERS ABOUT THIS SO WE CAN HELP THEM NOT VICTIMIZED.
Sc

More Westwood International Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ja
  21st of May, 2009
See full story in: http://mercernary-terminal.blogspot.com/2009/05/phone-scam-pioneer-communications.html

Scam Information
Companies mentioned:

* Western International
* Pioneer Communications
* DLPUSA.com
* Windham Resort

Location and phone numbers:

* Venice, California 15500 Urwin street. Suite 4007
* 1-866-357-0338 (for above)
* Caller ID number- 214-900-3424

* Will end on June 10th
Ca
  10th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
We just got a call from Westwood international about a Vacation package asking for the same information like credit card etc. When I looked up the company on the internet this complaint came up. Thanks for the information ahead of time. Save me alot of headaches.
Ir
  27th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes, I agree. Even though I use them as a phone service, they call you up non stop everyday and at various times from early morning to late evenings ( and several times during the day!). They are very annoying!!!And they don't know when to stop, so it ends up you become rude to them and simply hang up the phone on them. I just got a call today early in the morning and they informed me that I won 6 airline tickets anywhere in the world- if I pay $699! I am already hesitant and wary about these kinds of operandi. I asked them for an email regarding the details but he told me that they couldn't do that, that what he's going to send are the actual tickets etc. So I hesitated and asked for him to call me back (he was really trying hard not for me to hang up the phone - which I did anyway!). Andthen I checked the internet and this website came up. Thanks!
Ly
  5th of Oct, 2009
This company does not have valid contact #.
A man name Brian Espiron, a supervisor from this company has been calling my sister to gain personal information.
This company claims that they are located in the Los Angeles, but the calls are coming from a call centre in Manila, PH.
DO NOT TRUST!
Mo
  6th of Apr, 2010
thanks for the warning

somebody has been calling me for 3 days straight now.
they said they are related to westwood international
and the manager's name is trixie singson
told me there is no cash out but can pay but credit card...duh
they said they are accredited by Better Bureau and FCC, whatever that is.

their number doesn't register on the caller id.
my cellphone provider said if I am registered to "do not call register" and if they kept on calling me they must be an illegitimate company.
Ma
  22nd of Nov, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
OMG! Thank you so much for this information, I just got a call just now, waking me up early and they are insisting that it's my privilege to have the ticket for 6 round tickets for here in US and Europe for only $599.00 and that I can pay it at one time or in installments, which I though was just too good to be true. Then my instinct told me to google their company, which I usually don't, and this is what came up. I'm just sorry for those who they are able to persistently scammed. I'll try to spread the word too. I still believe Filipinos as overall do have a big heart that's why these selected bad apples take advantage...):
Bl
  17th of Dec, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They just called me, caller ID just said "Out of Area". I did not even let him get to his spiel. I had to demand that he tell me who he is, then informed him that my number is in the Do Not Call registry and hung up.

To those above that actually did give them CC info, call you bank immediately and refute the charges. This is a protection built into all Credit Cards. The bank must reverse the charges. The "merchant" does have the right to sue for what amounts to a bounced check but to do that they have to prove delivery of goods. Since no goods were ever delivered, or existed, I promise you will never hear from them.
Le
  20th of Dec, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I inmediately suspected of the scam, then I pretended to be a rich businessman from India, imitating their accent.
The lady believed me and asked for my credit card number and I gave her a fake one. She became very excited when I was reciting the 16 digit number of my Visa. She also asked for my bank account and the name of the bank, which of course I gave her the wrong bank name.
I told her that I had six wives and 14 children in India and asked her not to tell anybody about this. After that, she called me almost every day. HA, HA, HA She tried to scam and got scammed.
  8th of Jan, 2011
well, lucky me, i dont have that bad experience as yours, mine is a good one.. i received a call same as yours.. avail the 599 package.. the airfare etc.. then after 8days i received my package and i watched the cd in it.. its beautiful.. after a month.. me and my mom decided to went to hawaii.. then we had a great vacation.. and the other certificates.. well my siblings used it.. and i also send it to my friends as gift... maybe its a diff company...
Gi
  6th of Apr, 2011
ATTENTION: WESTWOOD INTERNATIONAL IS JUST A SCAM. THEY ARE AFTER THE MONEY THEY CAN GET FROM YOU. TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING NAMES: CATHERINE CUSTODIO, PIOLO JAMES SANDOVAL, ANNA DAVIS, LYNDA HARRIS, BABES GUTIERREZ. ALL THE REPORTS WRITTEN ABOUT THIS COMPANY ARE TRUE AND EXACT REPORTS A HAVE BEEN GOING ON AND ON AND ON. THIS HAS TO STOP!!!
They talk to you in a very nice way when they are trying to sell but once they get your account number they are so quick to charge it. They will tell you, you have 7 days cancellation but once you decided to cancel, they will not let it happen. You keep calling them and you will either be transferred to a new agent or managers as they call themselves. They will tell you that they will call you back but never did it happen. As a consumer, you try to tell them your concern, and they will raise their voice in return. VERY RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, LIARS AND SHAME ON FILIPINOS. If these are the representatives of Filipinos, I bet you, you will be ashame that you are a Filipino. Being a Filipino is something I am proud of, but these Filipinos, what a shame!!!
I know that as long as Westwood International is in operation, they can continue with their wrongdoings. The reason I report this to rip-off is to protect other people that can be victims of this company. I wish that more people who have become their victims, will have the courage to speak up and work together to have this company be closed. I am sure that there are lot of victims already, so please if you know anyone, please let them read all the reports here on rip-off regarding westwood international. If you know any lawyer who can help us, let us work together. This has to stop.
NEVER PUT YOUR TRUST ON WESTWOOD INTERNATIONAL. THE BUSINESSES WORKING WITH THEM, I HOPE THAT YOU KNOW WHO ARE YOU WORKING WITH. REMEMBER THE COMPANY’S NAME:
WESTWOOD INTERNATIONAL
15500 Erwin St. Ste. 4007
Van Nuys, CA 91411
Toll freeNumber: 1-866-357-0338
Fax # 213-596-0490
Vi
  12th of May, 2011
all of this is just a complaint of a client...
but try to avail the package and try to use it...
u were see that this is not a scam...
its true!!!
proven and tested...
tnx...
Ms
  23rd of May, 2011
After all the screaming and cursing they will do to you if you try to cancel or dispute, which will be so much stressful so you give up... :(... (they don't have any shame or soul)
Yes, they will send you the voucher after you insist and follow up...but here's the thing which they will never initially tell you... the certificates will ONLY BE VALID IF YOU BUY TWO (2) ROUND TRIP TICKETS FROM THEM. PLUS, not all the hotel certificates apply or usable to certain place and time.
Also, it doesn't end there...they will continue to call you and offer you another item/offer pretending it is another company...non-stop anytime and anyday!
If what Virgo Boy is saying is ever true, WESTWOOD INTERNATIONAL'S way of selling and doing business is still wrong because they are very dishonest, tricky, unprofessional and rude.
PRAY FOR THEM SO THEY WILL REALIZE THEIR MISTAKES AND STOP SCAMMING ESP THE HELPLESS UNSUSPECTING SENIOR CITIZENS!
Za
  27th of Jun, 2011
I was one of the victim too (just very recent) they did same to me as what they did to most - advertising extravagant holiday to 6 places (US and Europe) with free cruises (this time) to go to Caribbean islands with free foods and drinks (eat all you can until you vomit-as the travel agent said). I love to travel and have traveled into many places, too bad, I didn't get a chance to read these before I payed the $599.00. Few hours later, I google Westwood and have read these and it was too late as I just already have paid. I called them to cancel it they refused REPEATEDLY and passed my calls from one person to another and another saying different things. To cut the story short I was devastated, what a swindler & WICKED people? why these people who are sooo healthy can't work legally with integrity & honesty?? people are working hard with sweat and blood to earn money for living with good conscience & these doesn't have a conviction to do such thing-EVIL. For the LOVE of money is the root of all evils and Westwood staff are like this, sad to say. THEY WILL REAP WHAT THEY SAW IN DUE TIME. What a DECEIVER, SWINDLER, LIER, MANIPULATOR, THEY'RE LIKE A THIEVES AFTER MONEYYYYYYYYYYY, A VAMPIRE AFTER BLOOD, they deserve to be punished & disciplined - a lifetime sentenced in jail. I sent my complaints against this company to Business Bureau California branch, I would URGE you guys to do the same, they MUST BE STOPPED, if nobody would NOT complain - BBB wouldn't know & if nobody would not expose them they will never stopped & they will never learned their lesson. These people do not deserve to get our monies - they didn't work hard for it, they deceived us. If we require to file a sue or sue them - so be it...I found out lately too that Westwood has the same address with Pioneer Telecommunications here's the link: http://www.dlpusa.com/customerservice.asp; and I read this another complaints: /link removed/
  21st of Jul, 2011
totoong scam talaga ang westwood international hindi totoong nasa van nuys california sila nasa pilipinas lang silang lahat ang pangalan ng company nila sa pilipinas is ONE CONTACT CENTER na pinamamahalaan ni MA. ANTONETTE SUAVERDEZ, CATHERINE CARIñO, AT REGIE MAXIMO, nabubuhay silang lahat sa puro kasinungalingan!!
  21st of Jul, 2011
once na bumili ka sa kanila ng vacation package kinabukasan tatawagan ka ulit nila at sasabihing may gustong bumili ng vacation package mo pero ang totoo wala naman talagang bibili nito after lang silang lahat sa money ng mga kliyente nila napakarami na nilang nalokong kliyente they're almost 15 yaers sa panloloko ng mga pilipinong nagpapakahirap magtrabaho sa US, HAWAII and CANADA..
WESTWOOD INTERNATIONAL/ ONE CONTACT CENTER
JULIA VARGAS AVE.
33rd floor ANTEL GLOBAL BUILDING
ORTIGAS PASIG, CITY
ito ang address nila sa pilipinas
Rh
  25th of Jul, 2011
edi para di kayo maloko pagdating sa verifier, makinig kayong maigi..syempre kung ang client nga naman eh muka ding pera papayag silang ibenta yung naavail na nila, which is di naman talaga pwede.its so happen lang naman na may mga manloloko talaga pero yung package totoo yun.in reality mga gusto lang kumita nung mga magsasabi na ibebenta sa ibang client yung naavail na nung naunang client.pero once na iveverify na, THAT WILL BE THE BEST TIME NA MALAMAN KUNG TAMA AT TOTOO BA YUNG MGA SINABI NUNG AGENT.gnun lng yun!!!kung di kayo magpapaloko sa mga ganung klaseng ahente..wag kayong magpaloko para di kayo nagsasalita in general na scam dahil totoo yung package.
Ja
  8th of Aug, 2011
This is a filipino-based company that abuses other people's money. They claim to have an office in Van Nuys

These are the two addresses they use.
Westwood international
15500 Erwin Street Suite 4007
Van Nuys, CA 91411
and
Pioneer Communications
15500 Erwin St., Ste. 4007
Van Nuys, CA 914111-866-357-0338

However, I was able to track an unkown caller and it was from Pioneer Communication at
700 Wilshire BLVD
Los Angeles, CA 90017-3811

If you have an iphone, type in Pioneer Communications, or search it on google.com and it should show you where it is. I was also able to track down the landline to Pioneer Communications at 700 Wilshire BLVD, and it is 213-316-7133. This will go directly to Pioneer Communications/Westwood international. They are using their van nuys office for people to go if they have complaints, but they are calling out of pioneer communications.

What this company does is tell you about purchasing their travel packages, and they will sell it for $25, 000 with a purchase of $499. Unfortunately, we bought into it because they were filipino, and we were filipino. They also use fake names to prevent their true identities, but I was able to get their names through the BBB.
According to the BBB, these are their real names.

Expedito Nievera - President
Tessa Laurente (Customer Service Manager)
christopher angara (dispatcher)
Ed Mamiit (Finance Manager)
Gordon Ting ()Leonard Gonzales (Manager)

Hopefully someone puts justice to them because what they are doing is absolutely wrong.
Mj
  1st of Sep, 2011
yes, totoo lahat yan.. we were victims too! but we were only a trainees of this company dahil nag apply kami since they promised us good things without knowing that this is a scam company. we were obliged to make calls and convince clients, they promised us to give payment for our training but that was a lie, we were trained for 1 month and they said we will receive money as training with fee, 180 per day. but they also fooled us! nagsayang lang pala kami ng oras, pera at effort.. marami mga trainees dito na biktima din, hanggang ngayon di pa nila alam na scam ito..
Ma
  1st of Oct, 2011
I totally agree with the reports that they are using scam tactics to lure you into giving out your credit card information.
There are inconsistencies you can detect right away once you talk to them.
First of they told me that I am the lucky fifth person who won a raffle promo from a phone card company .Then told me so many things to lure me into giving out my credit card information. Name of the telemarketers are Mary and Rodel Simangan.They will insistently ask for Bank and credit cart information They hung up once I told them that my visa card expired