Wells Fargo Auto Finance / harassment!

1 Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

Wells Fargo was the first company to offer a loan payment i could afford on a new truck. LIFE WAS GREAT!!! Or so i thought.
Three days before the payment was due, they began calling me 4-5 times a day. When they finally caught me home, they wanted to know where the money was. My response to them was 'Check your incoming mail,' 'I mailed the payment to the address provided.'

There response was that they check there post office box one time a week. I said to not call me until they do check it and to only call if my payment was not there because it had been mailed five days earlier. They did not stop calling. Fast forward three months later. I get part of an estate settlement check from my deceased parents estate. I mailed them 6 months worth of payments at 1 time and notified them what i had done and to call me when they received it.

They called... every working day for three weeks straight wanting to know when i was going to make another payment. I lost my temper and told them that IF they ever called my house again and my payment was not late... The next person they would hear from is my group of lawyers that i had on retainer for matters not of there concern. They backed off for three days. Long story being cut short... My lawyers at the time called and laid down the law with them.

Fast forward 8 months later... my payment was mailed late due to me considering the heat and air unit getting fixed was more important.(I.E. my family's comfort). They come and got the truck before my check hit there door step. When they notified me and apologized for taking the truck... they said 'we will give you directions to were it is being stored.

THEY TOOK THE DANG THING TO KANSAS CITY KANSAS!! That is about 6 hours from where i was living at that time. I told them to keep the @#$ thing and to never ask for another dime and that if it showed on my credit report... i would file a law suit against them. We went to court in September of 2007... I WON!!! They claim that they will appeal but i haven't seen anything yet.

DO NOT take a loan with these crooks!!

Va

Comments

Ra
  1st of Feb, 2008

This reminds me of what just happened to me. I was 12 days late. Well Fargo called me at least 12 - 15 times a day for 12 days. One person even called me a N___R for not making my payment on time.

Mi
  8th of Feb, 2008

Be sure to file all your complaints with the AZ attorney general along w/ your local state attorney general.

Je
  5th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I have a loan through Wells Fargo for a auto mobile also.I haven't had any problems with them as of yet.The only thing they are doing is trying to get me to come down and refinance for a smaller interest.I think this is real weird.They haven't called just once its several times.Has anyone had this happen lately.
J McDonald