Warranty Division Inc. / Repeated unsolicited calls

1 10210 Windhorst RoadTampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8136126819

This company calls my 2 mobile phones and my home phone numbers. They call from different automatic dialers everyday (with different outgoing phone number). A recording comes on that says this is the second notice that my vehicle's warranty is about to expire and I should get it renewed and to push 1 to speak with a rep or press 2 to have my filed removed. On each number (which is called numerous times daily) I press 2 and they keep calling. Then I pressed 1 and they noted down my vehicle's name and model. I wanted to be transferred to the actual company, they said that only after collecting necessary information they could transfer. When I asked again, they hung up on me. Then I pressed one and asked how I could get my numbers removed and they hung up on me. Then I did it again and told them they were calling my cell phone repeatedly and again I got hung up on. I tried to call the numbers from the caller id, it goes no where.

How can I stop this harassment?

Su

Comments

Su
  13th of Aug, 2008

The address written above is not of Warranty division, but my address. I didn't read the form well enough. I already got a phone call from someone to stop receiving phone call. Please do not call me. That is my phone number too, and not of the Warranty division. Thank you

Ho
  28th of Aug, 2008

I am so glad someone reported this scam. I am forever receiving those same phone calls about my car warranty. Please tell me how to stop them. Best regards.

Ne
  29th of Aug, 2008

This company repeatedly calls. Funny thing is my car is 10 years old, the warranty has long since expired. The numbers they call from are invalid if you try to call them back. If you stay on the line to talk to a representative they will not provide you any information other than saying they are with the Warranty Division. They will gladly take a credit card number but will not provide you an address if you say you want to send them a check. If you ask for any identifying information about the company they become rude and abruptly hang up on you. I have asked to be removed from their list and each time I have been told they have removed my number, however the calls keep coming to all 3 of my mobile phones. I do know the Colorado Attorney General is investigating this scam. All my mobile numbers are also registered on the National Do Not Call registry, there should be some recourse...

Ho
  29th of Aug, 2008

This seems to be a "boiler room" operation using work-at-home people as front line call takers.

Each time I get one of these frequent calls (either cell phone or at home) I write down the Caller ID phone number. Using a reverse-lookup like http://www.whitepages.com/reverse_phone shows that these seem to be residential phone numbers.

This might explain why they hang-up when you press "1" to talk to someone, then ask to be removed from the calling list. The call taker has no way to "turn off" the calling. For people actually interested in the service, I assume they write down the party's name and phone number, their car year and model, then have someone from the actual company call you back.

It is quite annoying, has continued for several months now, at least one call a day. I started leaving the answer machine ON at home, sometimes I get a recording of their recorded message.

Mi
  4th of Sep, 2008

Eric Futrell (973) 942-5275 83 N 5th St, Paterson, NJ 07522

I got called about an hour ago.

Jh
  11th of Sep, 2008

I also keep getting these annoying calls. A moment ago, I demanded to know from the person more about the company to file a complaint with the FTC. They refused to provide this information and hungup.

12th of Sep, 2008

I have the exact same issue going as well. They have been calling my cell phone for the past several months with the same message as the others. "Your warrant is about to expire and this is the second notice". When I finally got on the phone and pressed the number to talk to an agent, the person didn't even introduce themselves when they came online. and were cagey and rude. Would not answer when I asked for their name and would only say they with 'warranty division inc'. When I said it was illegal to call cell phones, she retorted that a law was passed and it wasn't illegal any more(which is a lie), and told me she would put me on the 'do not call list', then hung up. I fully expect them to keep calling.

Ca
  17th of Sep, 2008

I keep getting the same UNSOLICITED WARRANTY CALLS. I have a lease so my car will always be under warranty. I press "1" and curse them out every chance I get. Here is the info I got today from the call.

(443) 270-9451
Type: Land Line
Provider: Paetec Communications
Location: Glen Burnie, MD

Mo
  22nd of Sep, 2008

I too keep getting these calls on my work number, land line. Today I pressed 1 and talked to "Monica". Even though the pre-recorded message says it's the 2nd call that my warranty is expiring, Monica had no idea what my name was, what kind of car I have, or where they got my number. When I asked for a company phone number she would not give me one. When I asked who her supervisor is, Monica said, "I am the floor supervisor." When I asked the name of the Company, she said, "This is the warranty division." I asked of what company, and she said "just Warranty Division." Then I asked for an address and she said they are in Phoenix, but have no address. Monica kept trying to say she would put me on the no call list, and I kept making legitimate requests. When I asked to be put through to her supervisor, wherever he or she is, Monica hung up on me.

Ch
  29th of Sep, 2008

I've had four calls from these people, and four times I've requested to the operator to be taken off the list. I've spoken with both "Jim Schwartz" and "Terry Hacket". Only once was I able to coax the name "Warranty Services Inc." out of these people. The other times, they would just tell me it's the Warranty Division.

They clearly know they're doing something wrong, because every time I bring up the Do Not Call Registry (which I'm on) they either feign ignorance or hang up. I've submitted multiple FCC complaints and there is no resolution whatsoever. HOW DO WE STOP THIS?!?

Ro
  1st of Oct, 2008

BEWARE! THESE PEOPLE ARE PROBABLY IDENTITY THIEVES! IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THEIR SERVICE THEY WILL PROBABLY STEAL YOUR IDENTITY AND RIP YOU OFF.

These people are breaking the law. They are using autodialers to call people on cell phones and on the do not call list. Their recorded message does not include the company name nor a contact number. They are spoofing caller ID numbers - the number you see is not the one they are calling from. They also refuse to provide company information or a contact phone if you talk to them.

Every statement above is a violation of FCC rules. I have ceased being polite when they call.

Mc
  9th of Oct, 2008

I just got my third call in about 6 weeks about the car warranty, except this time it was a "final message" type of thing. So I pressed 1 to speak with someone. I don't even remember her giving me her name, but right when she said hello I launched into a stern yet PG-13 rated rant.

I said that I don't own a car, that the one I used is owned by my mother and the registration is under her name. I then said what reputable company leaves me voicemails without ever mentioning it; at this I asked her what the name of the company was and where it was located. She stated "Warranty Division Inc. and Phoenix, Arizona". Thanks to the power of the internet, I did a quick Google search and in 10 seconds I found this site. I said to her "this is a scam, good bye" and then hung up.

The number is 641-522-7625, and area code 641 is in central Iowa, not Arizona.

DON'T give these people ANYTHING about your car - even what color and bumper stickers you have on it. This is big scam and these people are viruses and ###. I don't want them to call back but if they do, I'm seriously going to say I hope they can't sleep at night due to their shame and guilt of preying on the gullible.

Le
  13th of Oct, 2008

I am getting the same type of calls and have tried speaking to the people on the other end as well but all I'm getting are hang ups. This is my cell phone and I'm getting numberous calls from them a day as well as other spam. My phone has never rand so my before and I can't stop it.

The really funny thing is I don't have a car and even more funny is that I don't even have a liscence.

This is so fustrating that I'm really thinking about changing my number.

Sh
  21st of Nov, 2008

I have recieved the very rude, very illusive and evasive calls as well. One call actually revieled other people laughing in the backround. Neither on my cars have warentees, and I'm unable to call these jerks back~ How do I report these guys?

Ro
  27th of Feb, 2009

I have received many calls also, uncountable calls. I have hung up, not answered at all, pressed one. When I did ask to speak with a supervisor because I had received about 50 calls from them and that I was on the National Do Not Call list, he told me I had to get 150 calls before I could speak with a supervisor and laughed. These people are nasty and rude. There doesn't seem to be a way to stop them. I have yet to see any suggestions or information that works.
Rosemarie, Baltimore, MD

Me
  3rd of Mar, 2009

I just got a call on my work phone saying my warranty was about to expire on my vehicle. I pressed 1 to learn more, and figure out how they got my work number.

First of all my car is 9 years old, paid for, and about to die.

So the gentleman with an Indian accent started into his shpeel about how my warranty was about to expire, and that he was working with my Automobiles manufacturer. I stopped him there and asked which ones. He said all of them.. I laughed out loud and said you work with all of the major auto manufacturers. Yes he said, and he asked me if I owned a Chevy or a Ford, and I said no. And then I asked him how he got this phone number, and he said from my manufacturer... which is untrue, as I bought the car used in a different state, 3 jobs ago, and never had direct contact with the manufacturer.

He began to get indignant and I said.. hold up a second I'm not clear on where you got my phone number from...

"click"

End of conversation... sketchy from the beginning...

Be warned!

Sa
  3rd of Apr, 2009

I have also been receiving these calls for at least 6 months now. They both of my cell phone numbers and my home number, which is used for my home business. They just called about 10 minutes ago and I was so fet up that I began to search on the internet. Sure enough, there are many people having the same problem. I receive calls sometimes twice a day and it is beyond annoying at this point.

I really didn't know what the call was about because I always hang up when I hear the recording stating that my factory warranty on my vehicle is about to expire. I boughy my car in July of last year and I was receiving that calls before I even bought the car.

I have also tried to call the number back and nothing happens. I really feel that something should be done about this!