Walgreens / scam service

1 1401 W. PierceCarlsbad, NM, United States Review updated:

I am completely fed up with Walgreens. We have been going to Walgreens since we moved to Carlsbad 16 years ago. Our small town has had the store move to a new location. When the store was at the end of a small strip mall it was great. You could go in, drop off and get your prescription when they told you it would be ready. 10 15 minutes meant exactly that. It moved a number of years ago to a new stand alone store. Once it moved all bets were off. The customer service in the pharmacy has dropped off the face of the earth. It is non existent. We require perhaps two or three prescriptions filled each month. Since the store moved I have yet to get what they have promised. Their customer base has not increased. Their pharmacy is new and state of the art. They have twice as many employees working in the pharmacy now. The service is worse. Typically I am told my Rx will be ready for pick-up in 45 minutes to an hour. At the old location 10 20 minutes was typical. We use Walgreens because the store is close to home. I can go home and come back when I have been instructed. When I return for my Rx it is never ready when I get there. I mean never. I have heard every excuse they have. The most overused one will revolve around insurance. Why is walgreens concerned about putting pills in a bottle prior to an approval from an insurance company? I need it anyway. Why lie to me that my Rx is ready for pick-up? I started going by the e-mail messages. I would receive an e-mail indicating my order was ready. I get to the store only to find there is an issue and my Rx is not ready. After a few of those experiences I would call before going down there. I was always told my order is ready for pick-up only to find they lied again and they are not ready. If I had the time to run to the store to check on my order I would not bother calling first. They have my phone number. They ask for it when I drop off my script. Why dont they call me when the insurance is not cooperative? If what I or my family needs is pain meds we need them now not once the insurance authorizes it. Call me and tell me I will have to pay full price. Why does the pharmacy presume I wont pay full price? Today was the last straw. I dropped off a script at 2:45 after leaving the hospital. I was told that my order would be ready at 3:45. Fine, I took my wife home to start her recovery with the intention to return later for the medicine. The soonest I could return was 6:00. I was told one of the two scripts was not ready because of the lack of an insurance authorization. Again why assume I will not pay full price? My wife needs the pain medicine now not once the insurance says she can have it. I am so frustrated and fed up. I have repeatedly expressed my concerns to the store management but nothing changes. The store does not care at all. I do not want to hear from the store, I want to hear from someone who can make a change. I appreciate and have taken advantage of walgreens nationwide database. If we need a refill while away from home walgreens can fill it anywhere. This is a real bonus in my opinion. I have always found that any other walgreens tells me what they can do and do what they tell me. Twenty minutes means twenty minutes. Insurance issues are remedied before I return to the store. If there was an issue I am told what the issue is and what was done to get things done. If they anticipate an issue they tell me when I drop off the script. If another store can deliver there is no reason why ours can not. Is there any excuse for not doing what the other stores can do? We have used other stores in Albuquerque, Lubbock, Durham, Salt Lake City, Seattle and Dallas. The only store that can not deliver is Carlsbad New Mexico.

Please tell me what will be done to remedy these issues.

Va

Comments

13th of Oct, 2008

"Their customer base has not increased."

Just because you don't think there was an increase in customers DOESN'T mean there wasn't. You're not in the store 24/7, 7 days a week. This is almost hilarious. Do you see the daily reports of filled prescriptions? Do you actually know how many customers they now have? Nope.

"Why is walgreens concerned about putting pills in a bottle prior to an approval from an insurance company?"

Because if Walgreens fills your medication, and you in fact do NOT want the medication (whether it be because you can't afford the non-insurance price because of a refill-too-soon, or because there the medication is not covered at all), we wasted time, money and labor on your prescription. In fact, sometimes we are unable to rectify an insurance problem for a variety of reasons. How is YOUR insurance OUR problem? Anyway, filling a prescription that the patient will most likely, inevitably not get seems inefficient, doesn't it? Contrary to your belief, most people do not and cannot afford medications without insurance coverage.

"Why dont they call me when the insurance is not cooperative? If what I or my family needs is pain meds we need them now not once the insurance authorizes it." First, we cannot call EVERY patient in a busy pharmacy, which yours most likely is, despite your stance towards the opposite. Second, again, see my rant about insurance. Most often than not, people cannot afford medications, or they want it to be covered. So why waste time, effort and money by filling a prescription that will inevitably be given back to the patient or restocked?

I'm frustrated, so I'm done.

• Sb
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Sir,
    I can understand your frustration.
    It is a suggestion though, That if something IS so vital to you that you are willing to forgo insurance and pay for it personally, that you advise the pharmacy staff so when you drop it off. This doesn't excuse the problem that you've had and for that I am personally sorry.

I am glad however that you have seen that this is not so with all Walgreens. If you would like to see that your local Walgreens is brought up to par, You may ask for the number to the District office. Expressing to them your concerns With THIS particular stores performance against OTHER Walgreens should be Very effective.

• Pe
      25th of Oct, 2009

Walgreens shouldn't tell someone their order is ready when it isn't.