Vox / Don't trust Vox rebates

1 20200 W. 112th CircleOlathe, KS, United States Review updated:
Phone: 782-4313

I purchased a Vox 500 gig external hard drive from eCost last May for $99 that included two $10 rebates from Vox. The rebate information stated that if I registered on line I would not have to include the rebate form with my submission. I registered and then did not include rebate forms. Now Vox informs me that my rebate will not be honored because I did not include the forms and that resubmissions are not accepted. I emailed them my info as to online registration and received no response. I feel that the rebate process as Vox practices it is practically a scam. They seem to use any excuse to refuse payment of their offered rebates.

Bm

Comments

• Bm
      2nd of Aug, 2008

• Bo
      11th of Aug, 2008

Call the corporate VOX number, ask to talk with one of their executive resolution workers. If they don't have one, ask for an exec. If they refuse that, ask for their "address for service" and get a street address. Do the same for "ecost" (not a great rep with that place, either). They advertised the rebate and have some liability.

Call your state attorney general's office, and since it involved the mail system Postal Fraud inspectors. And if you want to invest the time, sue the ### in small claims court - you will win (but still have to collect).

• Er
      18th of Aug, 2008

I too have had a bad experience with Vox. I bought a 500 Gigabyte External Hard Drive from Microcenter last April and was to receive two rebates for $20 each. I discovered today that both rebates were denied for the following reasons:

1. Rebate 1 was denied because supposedly I submitted the wrong rebate registration printout. Well if this is so, the form is wrong because Vox's systems are wrong. I submitted the form that I was told to print out by the online system. Vox is going to eat it on this one since I am reporting this to the BBB and the California Attorney General.

2. Rebate 2 was denied because they said I sent it to the wrong PO Box. Clearly they still received the rebate so this is simply a joke. Also, the rebates I submitted were sent together since it was impossible to get both rebates with one "original" UPC code. There was no way you could submit both and comply with all of their requirements.

This whole process has been set up for denial from the beginning. I am very upset and I will be taking legal action against Vox. I advise anyone considering Vox to avoid the lure of these rebates.

• Mc
      15th of Oct, 2008

I am another screwee. Followed the rebate procedures to the letter.

Get this: their denial claim was that only one of the two envelopes reached them and the one that did had a postmark dated "3 days after the deadline"...preposterous. I have a stack of emails chronicling my attention to detail in submitting these rebates.

The names of the Customer Service persons with whom I corresponded are "Gene" and "Jackson"...whether they actually exist is anyone's guess. If they can show me this alleged late postmarked envelope I will eat my hat. I have contacted ecost.com who advertised the rebates when I bought the drive and BBB.

The whole enterprise is close to bait & switch...more like bait and steal.

• Bi
      21st of Nov, 2008

I've found dozens (or more) similar complaints about Vox Rebates online. I bought a 700Gb External Hard Drive via Buy.com, the main reason for doing so was the $60 rebate deal they were offering. I submitted everything within 10 days of purchase but heard nothing for months. Eventually after complaining to Buy.com I got a message back telling me that I would not be getting my rebate as Vox allegedly received my application 2 months after the offer ended!! They also added that their decision is non-negotiable and the matter is now closed. I'll NEVER buy Vox again, nor will I deal with Buy.com again after they acted as nothing more than middle-man and refused to get involved in the matter.

• Bi
      21st of Nov, 2008

I've found dozens (or more) similar complaints about Vox Rebates online. I bought a 700Gb External Hard Drive via Buy.com in March 2008, the main reason for doing so was the $60 rebate deal they were offering. I submitted everything within 10 days of purchase but heard nothing for months. Eventually after complaining to Buy.com I got a message back telling me that I would not be getting my rebate as Vox allegedly received my application 2 months after the offer ended!! (in May 2008). They also added that their decision is non-negotiable and the matter is now closed. I'll NEVER buy Vox again, nor will I deal with Buy.com again after they acted as nothing more than middle-man and refused to get involved in the matter.

• Ro
      1st of Dec, 2008

...just found out that my rebate had been denied for a bogus reason, so I sent them the following in an email:

---------------------------------------

It appears that your rebate program is totally bogus and therefore is nothing more than stealing.

I want my money, but I am not going to tell you who I am. So you had better start mailing out lots of rebate checks.

Now, a lot of people are very upset and we are telling our state Attorneys General, the Better Business Bureau and, of course, the retailer where we made the purchase. Some of us are suing you on our own, by I can forsee a class action law suit soon. But what might hurt you the most is that it is being posted all over the Internet, in chat rooms and blogs everywhere.

Like I said, you had better start mailing out lots of rebate checks, including all the ones you denied for bogus reasons or you will be out of business soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

C'mon guys, let's get them!!!

• Mc
      19th of Feb, 2009

I agree completely. I had similar trouble with VOX. Please contact whoever sold you it and tell them not to carry VOX.

• Pi
      12th of Mar, 2009

VOX and BUY.COM.

Ba bye.

They are sleeping together with regard to rebates that are advertised and not paid. I got a response from VOX that I would get my rebate after I questioned them why I didn't get it yet. I was even shown on their website that my $60.00 rebate was approved.

It never came.

Vox did not respond to future emails and neither did Buy.com.

Anyway, there are many companies that are better to buy from that those two. Companies that ripp off customers are on their way out.

Just my 2 cents of opinion of course.

I will never buy anything from vox and buy.com.

Sincerely,

RIPPED OFF BY and PISSED AT VOX & BUY.COM.

• Ed
      18th of Nov, 2009
    Vox - VOX Rebate
    VOX
    Seattle
    Washington
    ecost.com

VOX Rebates are a big scam, I have yet to meet someone online or in person who was able to get their rebate from them. VOX customer service doesn't pick up the phone and all eCost does is down plays the thing saying that they are waiting on a response back from VOX for the past six months now. I think we should all figure a way to collectively sue both the companies for misleading and scam.

• Vo
      31st of Oct, 2012

i have purchased VOX full touch screen TV mobile V8500 on 01/06/2012, Now its touch is not working i am not able to attend any call, my mobile is under warranty kindly suggest me how and where i can repair my cell phone ? kindly also provide the service station detail in Punjab