Vons / selling outdated food & rudeness
I bought a Tombstone frozen pizza on 08/08/08 at Vons, 516 N Glendale Ave, Glendale CA 91206
That night when I baked it, I noticed that the cardboard was dark, saturated with grease. It came out of the oven with the crust shattered in many pieces.
I called Tombstone, they told me the date 08105 on the package meant that it was expired in April 2008, the 105th day of 2008.
I took the package with the date, and the receipt back to Vons, and explained that I had been sold a pizza with an expiration date of April, in August.
The manager snapped very nastily at me. She denied that that was a date stamp. I told her to call the 800 number for Tombstone, and tell them that. Actually, I spoke nicely to her. She maintained her insistence that Vons is not responsible for checking expiration dates on frozen pizza because it is "a vendor, brought in item." She actually refunded me the $5, but with very bad grace, just call it Rude!
More Vons Complaints & Reviews
- Vons - poor customer service 
- Vons / Pavilions - poor goods, lousiest customer service 
- Vons - they ripped me off
- Vons - bad business practices 
- Vons - customer service
- Vons - Liquor Dept.
- Vons - price for new york bone in steak
- Vons - customer service on two separate occasions at the same bakersfield, ca location
- Vons - ham was bad
- Vons - taylor farms california caesar salad 10.75 oz