Vonage / Didn't cancel my account

1 901 Alameds St.Tulare, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 559-686-3801

VONAGE DIDN'T CANCEL MY ACCOUNT... On june 5th i ordered Vonage i got fees waived for signing up and 3 months free of charge. On the first day i plugged the equipment in i could not get my voice mail setup done it wouldn't take my pin # to check my messages. This went on for the first 3 days after that i started getting complaints with who ever would be on my phone talking to me or someone else in my home that they couldn't hear us or we sounded like we were talking underwater. Then if someone was on the computer at the same time the phone was being used you could hear a tapping on the phone that would not stop. At this point i am very frustrated... Then my phone calls started dropping constantly now i was very pissed... during this times i tried to call Vonage either they couldn't hear me right on the phone or they would hang up on me when they put me on hold.On the 28th day i called again finally got some one to help me that could hear me and i told them not to place me on hold. After being on the phone with him for 1 hour he ran test after test and each one he told me that the numbers coming up after each test was done were not high enough for me to have voice threw my internet and there was nothing more he could do for me.So i told him that i would cancel my service with him and call Att to reconnect me with them. He apologized and said that he was very sorry for the inconvenience it had caused. I waited to till Att connected me back up called Vonage to see what i had to do to return there equipment to them and the lady said that i was never canceled. So there for i owed them $101.17 because it was passed the 30 day cancellation time i tried to explain that i had canceled on the 28th day and she said no i didn't my account was still active. She was very rude she wouldn't hear what i had to say and kept telling me that i had to pay this money. I asked to speak to a manager and she said that she was the manager and there was no one else i could speak to. I hung up the phone cause she would let me get a word in.I called my bank and asked if i had anything coming threw and they told me yes from Vonage for $106.00 i told them i didn't authorize that so now i had to pay my bank to stop that payment.

Comments

• Jw
      19th of Oct, 2009

My issue was almost this same. I returned the box and called them for a conformation of them recieving the box because I wasn't aware I needed DSL to have their service, my fault I must have missed that in the commercial, however I didn't read my bankstatments for three months after returning the box and notice they were still charging my for the service I WASN'T using (& impossible to use w/out DSL). I asked for a refund of my monies and a man with an India accent would refused to adknowledge my complaint, or address a refund at all about my money finnally I got so fustrated I asked repeatedly for an manager until I became so irrate I began to yell at this man at the top of my lungs. He was still refusing to let me speak with his supervisor. Instead of him allowing me to speak with someone else about recieving my money he began trying to sell me the product again!!! (DEALS of three months at half price) I repeatly told him I do not have the box nor do I have a DSL to even use your product. I email the president of the company and all the associates to the company until I gave up, KEEP the damn money. The lesson learned in this is ALWAYS check your bank statment EVERY month !!! AND KEEP READING WEBSITE LIKE THIS... GOD BLESS THIS WEBSITE !!!

• Jw
      19th of Oct, 2009

I'm so happy to run across this website now I will check the website before I purchase anything online again or just keep checking on update. THANX, I almost bought the magicjack until I read and looked at this website. I will not have an another headache... or grow another gray hair before it's time... God bless.