VitaRain Zero / stuff floating inside kirkland vitarain zero tropical mango drink

1 Escondido, CA, United States Review updated:

We bought the 24-pack Kirkland VitaRain Zero on Sat, 2Dec from 725 Center Dr, San Marcos, CA 92069. The account holder is my wife, Susanna Faruque, part of the Executive Member. The drinks were stored at home and then taken to the office on 4Dec. When I went to open the Tropical Mango, there is a blob of paint looking thing floating around. I looked at the second one and same problem. I am hesitant to drink the other ones. I wanted to bring it to Costco's attention first and have them investigate it. To resolve it, I would like to know what the floating stuff is especially because I have been drinking your product for a while. Along with a refund for it.

VitaRain Zero
VitaRain Zero

Sh
Dec 5, 2017

Comments

• Ba
      19th of Dec, 2017

My roommate and I purchased the 24 variety pack as well in November. We also noticed only the tropical mango bottles carried floating remnants as well. What are these? We are a bit scared to drink them.

• Ro
      23rd of Dec, 2017

@Barry Clams I bought a case at a Costco in San Ramon, CA and found the same red floaters in the Mango drink also. I'm not going to drink it...

• Fe
      25th of Jan, 2018

i noticed the same in tropical mango, would like to find out what that material is before i drink it.

• Rh
      3rd of Feb, 2018

We also just purchased (feb 2, 2018) a variety pack and are having the same issue. We’re really worried about what it is. Has anyone found out? My husband drank one of them before noticing it in there.

• Sk
      7th of Feb, 2018

I have an issue with the 2 artificial sweeteners in VitaRain. I am aware of many parents who give this to their children of all ages, on a regular basis. One mother in particular told me yesterday, as I was handing out samples, that she gives it to her 1 year old baby EVERY day in her bottle. I CRINGED WHEN SHE TOLD ME THAT! How can this company, in good conscience, make a product with 2 artificial sweeteners, caffeine and other chemicals, knowing children of all ages will be consuming it.. So many Drs these days are advising people to NOT use artificial sweeteners, plus Dr. Oz is "on the war path" regarding the us of them. I am diabetic and my sweetener of choice is stevia. I would never eat or drink anything that has sucralose, or aspartame in it. My husband was so sensitive to any of them, one sip or bite would give him heart palpitations. I had many people yesterday, who after they checked the label on the bottle, chose not to try it. Many knew there was artificial sweeteners in it, without reading the label, because of the after taste. There is another vitamin beverage at Costco, that when the customer sees there is sucralose in it, they won't try it or buy it. Something has to be done about this. More and more people are being aware of the concerns of artificial sweeteners. It's time for the manufacturers to wake up.

• Sh
      21st of Feb, 2018

@skeeswife Reading *

Typed too quickly and there’s no edit button.

• Sh
      21st of Feb, 2018

No they aren’t. You’re ready mass produced sources. Read a real legitimate peer reviewed study and you’ll see that artificial sweeteners haven’t been linked to anything harmful whatsoever. That’s BS tv showing and media scaring you.

• Le
      25th of Mar, 2018

I believe those are "paprika" - used for color. It is within the ingredients list - Maybe they put too much in it.

• Il
      23rd of Apr, 2018

I would agree with the above comment that it's most likely paprika. I've noticed it multiple times since I started buying these over a year ago and haven't had any issues with my health or it affecting the taste. Just shake it and it will emulsify with the other ingredients almost instantly. Technically, Paprika is insoluble in water so I'm assuming the ingredient "separates" from the the water when it remains stagnant over time. Temperature changes may also catalyze the process and cause the dots and splotches appear more frequently in the drink. There's no reason to return them.