Verizon Fios / terrible service!

1 Springfield, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 703-407-8672

Let's band together and file a class action lawsuit against Verizon and their completely awful FIOS service!!! I have never been more disgusted with a company and the way they do business.

I"LL BE THE FIRST TO SIGN!!!

Comments

Ma
  16th of Mar, 2008

My entire complaint is laid out on my website at www.verizon-fios-sucks.com. I want through a nightmare of an order that resulted in disconnected telephone service for over a month but ultimately the service was installed.

I am very happy with the Verizon FiOS service including FiOS TV, Internet and Phone and if they can work out the installation issues then they will have a winner.

Ka
  25th of Mar, 2008

PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU DO SIGN UP SO I CAN SIGN UP WITH YOU.

Gl
  2nd of Apr, 2008

Nothing but trouble, can receive messages, but not forward, they are all jumbled and encryption I think that is what you call it...so they told me last week to use outlook express - I ask why there is a Verizon icon on screen, and was told it was for advertising, what, poor service... Again this morning internet worked, early this afternoon it was down, called tech support - was told to delete temporary internet files and cookies "this was a new one to me", then they put on their all-purpose hat and decided it was the cable from the router box to the wall, which we were responsible for... last week they told us the cable was bad on the receiver cable that goes to the TV, also that we needed to buy one of those...later on this afternoon the internet was back on, no cable was purchased, same everything - it was their problem somewhere else and told us we had to buy a new cable...In the meantime I had called Comcast to find about changing tomorrow, I don't care about it being back on, I do care about companies lying to me. So I am going to play some games with their minds tomorrow. I will sign to, let me know.

Ja
  22nd of Apr, 2008

I am in too.

I have lost so much of my time fighting with them. They make all of these promises and never follwo through.

St
  22nd of Apr, 2008

To anyone thinking about fios:
I have had Verizon fios for two years now with several problems. The first problem was with the router. I had to manually update the IP renew address every two days. This was a problem because I travel a lot and my wife does not know a lot about computers.

Before fios switched to the Norton security system Verizon had a Computer Associates based product with Yahoo that caused errors every time I booted up my computer; I had to boot up twice to recover. I tried to explain the error code to several of the techs but they didn’t know that Computer Associates was involved, Yahoo didn’t either. I lived with this problem until Verizon switched systems.

The next thing that happed was a lighten bolt over the top of my house. The Verizon installer ran a cat 5 cable from the fios box around the outside of my house, about 50 feet. The cable absorbed the electricity from the bolt and shorted out the Verizon router, an Xbox 360, Vonage router, an all in one jet printer and the Ethernet on my desk top. Verizon replaced the router but nothing else; it was quite expensive for me. The new wireless router was not compatible with windows Vista my note book will not connect. This was starting to aggravate me.

The final slap in the face; my credit card expired. Only the expiration date changed. 3 months after the expiration of the credit card; Verizon turns off the service with out any notice of any kind. In doing so my computer would not boot up any more. The Verizon package I had had software they took off my computer. I had to reformat the hard drive and lost every thing. I spent 3 hours talking to 4 different people the tech support was the only one who was of any help (excellent tech). The 3 others were supervisors all of them told me different things. One said I was in a promotion and should have been switched after the first year, which is not what I was told in the beginning. I was told the price would not change as long as I had the service.

The second supervisor told me they e-mailed me of the credit card problem, which was also not true.
The third one Deidre (I finally asked for a name) told me they did not have an e-mail address for me. Also not true Verizon set one up when I signed up with fios. Verizon had me over a barrel, I was leaving town and could not leave my family without a phone or access to the internet for school and video chat with me at night. We signed up for another year at a much higher price, lower speed, with out any Norton security system or Verizon e-mail.

I would like to know what happen. I excused everything up in till now as a new technology, growing pains for Verizon. Is this going to be Verizon’s outlook from now on? My latest issue with Verizon reminds me of Comcast. I have not had cable for 16 years because of their service; automated operators, rude techs, over charging, and the list goes on. Although I have heard Comcast have changed with Verizon in the market; or not. I lived with dial up before and I can do it again.

Ja
  28th of Apr, 2008

I called Verizon FIOS to order phone, internet, and cable prior to my move in. My Consumer Order Summary was dated 3-28-08, and the scheduled installation date was 4-7-08. I reviewed the e-mail and all looked well. I move into my new house and install date comes. They setup an 8 AM-noon window. I already had the Optical Network Terminal unit (ONT) in my house, so I figured this would be cake for them. I am a Sys Admin at an ISP, so the internet stuff I could do myself with ease.

On install day, no one showed, no one called. I had my mobile with me at ALL times. So around 1:30 PM I called Verizon to see what was going on. If something came up, I had a week off to move in and if they needed to come by in a day or two, I was totally cool with that. After about an hour on hold I got in touch with a “state level” dispatcher. That said that there were “no facilities available for my order” and I was called. Nope, I wasn’t called; they did have my cell (which I had with me all of the time) in their records. I wanted them to come out later in the week if possible since I was home. They said that their next available time for me was 4-12-08, which was a day where I was going to a wedding. The next available time after that was at the end of the month, on a work day for me.

Basically because they did not show up, or even notify me with a reason, they put me at the back of the line. I was trying to escalate my request and the support only gave me unreasonable dates and that “no facilities available for my order” BS. I later wanted to get my copper line put back so I could at least get phone service, and after a long wait in hold they gave me the end of the month as a date. Basically I was being run around in circles and being shoved to the end of the line because Verizon screwed up my installation. I was told the only way I could get it sooner is if I “knew an installer who’d do me a favor, ” and I was pretty much screwed with the window of time I had to get the service installed. The salesperson fed me a load of bull and the installer didn’t even call me with a reason. I tried to figure out what “no facilities available for my order” meant, and why this was such a problem since I already had the ONT in my house. Half of their work was already done.

The same day, I called a local cable company who installed my phone, internet, and cable the next day. They showed up on time and did the normal pre and post appointment verification. I unplugged the ONT in my house and let the battery go out. Verizon gave me such a lousy customer experience I swore I would never do business with them, and be sure to let other people know about their awful customer service and commitments they setup and do not honor. Verizon screwed up prior when they bought Bell Atlantic, and screwed up our perfectly find DSL service I had around 98/99. My money is going to a competitor, and Verizon won’t see if because they have abysmal customer service. I am certainly interested in fiber optic lines connected to my house, but so long as Verizon is the only provider, I will happily do without.

James
Herndon, VA

Jg
  2nd of May, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I completely agree it is awful, just awful.

Em
  12th of May, 2008

We have had nothing but trouble since we switched to Verizon bundle package. The phone and tv are fine, but anytime the internet gets a load put on it - it drops out. We pay a fiber optic price for dial up service! Verizon simply thinks that shipping us a new router will eventually solve the problem. We've been through 4. Very dissatisfied and would love to get in on a class action suit.

To
  4th of Jun, 2008

I love the FIOS Internet service but HATE the FIOS TV DVR software. We've had software issues since Oct 2007 that makes the DVR unusable. A FIOS tech spent over 5 hours at the house while I walked him through all the issues in great - and repeatable - detail. Since this is a software issue, swapping the hardware had no affect since the same issues happened with new hardware. Service tickets are opened and closed with no resolution. I have filed complaints with the Texas PUC and Texas AG. Count me in on any class action suit.

An
  12th of Jun, 2008

Verizon continues to bill incorrectly even after several re-assurances that everything will be straightened out with the "next bill". Well, the next bill has come for several months and nothing has changed. This is a predatory practice that Verizon wishes to capitalize on every cent that they can squeeze out of Florida's citizens. There should be a class action lawsuit and Verizon should have to pay dearly.

Pe
  12th of Jun, 2008

Anthony -
I couldn't agree more. Verizon is pathetic at customer service. To pay my cell bill I have to go to a Verizon store IT DOESN'T even work on my CELL PHONE! FiOS Freedom pack is even more of a joke. It isn't freedom, it is pergatory! I don't get paper bills from FiOS and since I have never even seen my account number, I can't pay the bill online. I also still do not have access to Verizon Central, so I can't pay online that way either. I have called their customer service number 888-553-1555... and waited on hold until I couldn't wait any more... BECAUSE I AM AT WORK DURING THEIR BUSINESS HOURS!!! They have no open hours when people are off work!!!

This whole process in Florida has been ###ized from the beginning. The personal account manager program is useless. She can't even get me my account number. She is a PERSONAL *ACCOUNT* MANAGER, how can she NOT have any knowledge of teh account or the account number.

Class Action Lawsuit: I am more than ready. I want BrightHouse back and ANYONE (Even MetroPCS which sucks) for cell.

If you can't tell, I am completely disgusted with Verizon as a company.

Unfortunately, in Florida, our gov't representatives care more about corp $$$ than their tax paying / voting constituents. (It is my only complaint about Florida)

- Peter

Ti
  1st of Jul, 2008

I couldn't agree more. Verizon's customer service is pathetic AT BEST.

I ordered FiOS for installation last Friday, but no one showed up. No call, no nothing. So I figured I'd check the web page to check my "status". It said it was scheduled and on-time, which was funny because it was scheduled between 3-7pm and it was around 10pm the last time I checked on Friday. Saturday morning, I checked on a lark and found that my order number was removed completely (which is a good way to keep it out of 'Jeopardy', I guess). I then decided to cancel installation completely. I am still trying to do this.

At last count, I have talked to 11, ELEVEN different people and still no resolution. I keep getting passed around. I've been trying to talk to a supervisor, but am told "they'll call me back"

In case if anyone is wondering, the phrase "a supervisor will call you back" is just code for "I gotta get this guy off the phone". No one ever calls back, EVER.

It all boils down to the fact that no one wants to take ownership of an issue. A case gets passed on, and passed on and passed on but there is never any resolution. Verizon's customer service strategy is an epic failure. They need a top to bottom review on how tickets get issued, worked on and then resolved.

I could continue ranting, but since i've been on hold with them now (as I've been typing this) for 30 mins already, I'd rather not raise my blood pressure any further.

Ca
  6th of Aug, 2008

i have been fighting with verizon for almost two years, and im done all you get is empty promises.i was so mad one time i called to cancel my dsl i was on the phone 4 1/2 hours. then i got a superviser""" and told me he didn't want to lose me as a customer. so he was going to give me the highest internet i think it was 7.3 for $19.99 plus tax and my security $4.99, it would be $29.99 for six months. so i for get about it, and three months later my wife says why is the DSL $47.99? i said what. this goes on and on and on. please help

Vi
  30th of Sep, 2008

I've had Fios for less than 3 months and am already sick of the lost time trying to get customer service to give me just that...service. I don't consider being on the phone on hold for an hour good customer service. Not only that once you do get to speak to someone they can't even help. My internet is so sporadic that I never know when I will be in the middle of something and loose my connection. They tried to explain as a problem with my wireless but my connection with the wireless is excellent. They promise to return my call but never have. I have a one year contract with them and explained that I wanted to cancel, was told it would cost me $180. I could go on and on but I think all of you have had similar experiences. Lawsuit? You bet. I'm honestly afraid of what this company is capable of doing to me. Just let me know when...more than ready!!!

Gl
  13th of Oct, 2008

I'm in - Here's my complaint..
Gladys of Rutherford NJ (10/09/08)
In May 2008 I agreed to have FIOS installed in my home. It was the $99 bundle package. It took 3 months to straighten out my bill (billing problems on their end) after numerous phone calls and much time on the phone. It was good for one month. Then I received a bill with new charges beyond the $99 package deal. Apparently, I was supposed to Validate my service with Verizon within a certain amount of time. I did not know anything this validation nor was I ever contacted to do so.

Because my account was not validated Verizon has charged me $106.50. They took away the discount & charged me for rebundling the package. I have called Verizon many times (have some documentation & names) and have been told by customer service there was nothing they can do. One customer rep said Verizon tried contacting me via telephone, mail & email. I WORK AT HOME. I am here ALL DAY. I never received a call, nor a letter. I was even accused of ignoring it.

When I requested to speak with a supervisor - either I was left holding on the phone or the call was disconnected (after holding for for 25 minutes on one occasion). I am getting no help from them. THEY DON'T CARE. I cannot get passed a customer rep.

I thought about filing a small claims report. This validating the service does not sound right to me. It sounds like a tactic to get more money from the customer. They give you the runaround and hope that the customer gives in & just pays the bill to get rid of the problem.

I am on a strict budget and cannot afford to pay more than what my budget allows. It's taking a lot of my time calling them. I am VERY FRAUSTRATED and drained.

A couple of days later I received a call from a supervisor. She said she didn't know why I was charged $51.00 and said the rest of the charges ($55) was for a half months billing ahead (6 months later) because they changed my billing cycle. She waived the $51.

I gave up. I'm going to pay it and PRAY for a normal bill next month. A class action suit should be brought against the practices of this company. I hear a lot of billing horror stories from other people also.

- Gladys

Wo
  23rd of Oct, 2008

HELP...please HELP. I want to sue Verizon for Mental Anguish, and Emotional Distress. I have a Bi Polar disorder, PTSD, and disable. This was aggrivated in part by Verizon's Constructive Negligence. In Nov. 2007, I was introduced to FIOS by a door to door salesperson who assured me if I did not like the service I could cancel within 30 days. I found I did not like the service and cancelled within 18 days, calling and informing them of such. Meanwhile I called another company(Brighthouse), making application, accepted and a date for installation for the 20th of Nov.2007. I received a disconnect bill from Verizion in March. 2008 for 491.57. I called them and stated I was not a customer of theirs, they said according to their records I was. A few days later I received another bill for 641.51. I called again with no results, placed on hold for a long period without anyone coming back to the phone to help me. I received another bill in April for 776.62. Calling them again I did get to speak to a supervisor and faxing him information about the service I do have, and when I obtained service with the other company, said he would straigthen this out, for me not to worry. I got another bill in June, '08 for 893.59, he did not straighten anything out. I got a letter last week (Oct. 08) stating my case has been turned over to a collection agency. I was in an auto accident in Dec. '07, and between this problem, my injury, being out of work, lack of funds and pain...I don't want an apology, I want Compensation and Punitve damages against Verizon. I've got all my proof against these terrible heartless people. Someone please come to a distressed on the square person.

Wa
  1st of Nov, 2008

Ok.
March got verizon freedom for $140.00 a mouth. 1st bill I get is $185.00. I payed it. Next bill $192.00 payed it and this has been going on for 8 months. Spent hours on hold and no one picks up or I do talk to someone that LIES to me. Email is the same why they act like they are stupid. I am going back to comcast but I am sure Verizon will screw me some more and F me out of more money.

Bo
  11th of Nov, 2008

I am fighting with them now over equipment returned almost two years ago. All information was provided to them and still I keep receiving letters from different collection agencys. I just keep disputing! Try calling verizon but get transfered all over the company and finally reach a rep that says they will handle it! I am in as well!!!

Kd
  16th of Nov, 2008

I'm in! Hate verizon for overcharging me, never realizing their promised offer, and hours of waiting on the phone for their customer service! Don't know what to do and who to contact now! Let me know when you act!

Sa
  1st of Dec, 2008

I'M IN.

They have double billed me, over billed me, used my credit card without my authorization, billed me for services I didn't receive, billed me for services I didn't sign up for, couldn't transfer my service, couldn't resolve my final bill (I received two bills I was supposed to disregard in waiting for my closing bill) and now they claim I never returned my equipment and I AM HOLDING THE RECEIPT.

VERIZON IS THE WORST COMPANY, PROVIDING THE WORST SERVICE.