Verizon Fiosterrible service!

Let's band together and file a class action lawsuit against Verizon and their completely awful FIOS service!!! I have never been more disgusted with a company and the way they do business.

I"LL BE THE FIRST TO SIGN!!!

Comments

Mar 16, 2008

My entire complaint is laid out on my website at www.verizon-fios-sucks.com. I want through a nightmare of an order that resulted in disconnected telephone service for over a month but ultimately the service was installed.

I am very happy with the Verizon FiOS service including FiOS TV, Internet and Phone and if they can work out the installation issues then they will have a winner.

• Ka
      Mar 25, 2008

PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU DO SIGN UP SO I CAN SIGN UP WITH YOU.

Apr 02, 2008

Nothing but trouble, can receive messages, but not forward, they are all jumbled and encryption I think that is what you call it...so they told me last week to use outlook express - I ask why there is a Verizon icon on screen, and was told it was for advertising, what, poor service... Again this morning internet worked, early this afternoon it was down, called tech support - was told to delete temporary internet files and cookies "this was a new one to me", then they put on their all-purpose hat and decided it was the cable from the router box to the wall, which we were responsible for... last week they told us the cable was bad on the receiver cable that goes to the TV, also that we needed to buy one of those...later on this afternoon the internet was back on, no cable was purchased, same everything - it was their problem somewhere else and told us we had to buy a new cable...In the meantime I had called Comcast to find about changing tomorrow, I don't care about it being back on, I do care about companies lying to me. So I am going to play some games with their minds tomorrow. I will sign to, let me know.

Apr 22, 2008

I am in too.

I have lost so much of my time fighting with them. They make all of these promises and never follwo through.

• St
      Apr 22, 2008

To anyone thinking about fios:
    I have had Verizon fios for two years now with several problems. The first problem was with the router. I had to manually update the IP renew address every two days. This was a problem because I travel a lot and my wife does not know a lot about computers.

Before fios switched to the Norton security system Verizon had a Computer Associates based product with Yahoo that caused errors every time I booted up my computer; I had to boot up twice to recover. I tried to explain the error code to several of the techs but they didn’t know that Computer Associates was involved, Yahoo didn’t either. I lived with this problem until Verizon switched systems.

The next thing that happed was a lighten bolt over the top of my house. The Verizon installer ran a cat 5 cable from the fios box around the outside of my house, about 50 feet. The cable absorbed the electricity from the bolt and shorted out the Verizon router, an Xbox 360, Vonage router, an all in one jet printer and the Ethernet on my desk top. Verizon replaced the router but nothing else; it was quite expensive for me. The new wireless router was not compatible with windows Vista my note book will not connect. This was starting to aggravate me.

The final slap in the face; my credit card expired. Only the expiration date changed. 3 months after the expiration of the credit card; Verizon turns off the service with out any notice of any kind. In doing so my computer would not boot up any more. The Verizon package I had had software they took off my computer. I had to reformat the hard drive and lost every thing. I spent 3 hours talking to 4 different people the tech support was the only one who was of any help (excellent tech). The 3 others were supervisors all of them told me different things. One said I was in a promotion and should have been switched after the first year, which is not what I was told in the beginning. I was told the price would not change as long as I had the service.

The second supervisor told me they e-mailed me of the credit card problem, which was also not true.
    The third one Deidre (I finally asked for a name) told me they did not have an e-mail address for me. Also not true Verizon set one up when I signed up with fios. Verizon had me over a barrel, I was leaving town and could not leave my family without a phone or access to the internet for school and video chat with me at night. We signed up for another year at a much higher price, lower speed, with out any Norton security system or Verizon e-mail.

I would like to know what happen. I excused everything up in till now as a new technology, growing pains for Verizon. Is this going to be Verizon’s outlook from now on? My latest issue with Verizon reminds me of Comcast. I have not had cable for 16 years because of their service; automated operators, rude techs, over charging, and the list goes on. Although I have heard Comcast have changed with Verizon in the market; or not. I lived with dial up before and I can do it again.

Apr 28, 2008

I called Verizon FIOS to order phone, internet, and cable prior to my move in. My Consumer Order Summary was dated 3-28-08, and the scheduled installation date was 4-7-08. I reviewed the e-mail and all looked well. I move into my new house and install date comes. They setup an 8 AM-noon window. I already had the Optical Network Terminal unit (ONT) in my house, so I figured this would be cake for them. I am a Sys Admin at an ISP, so the internet stuff I could do myself with ease.

On install day, no one showed, no one called. I had my mobile with me at ALL times. So around 1:30 PM I called Verizon to see what was going on. If something came up, I had a week off to move in and if they needed to come by in a day or two, I was totally cool with that. After about an hour on hold I got in touch with a “state level” dispatcher. That said that there were “no facilities available for my order” and I was called. Nope, I wasn’t called; they did have my cell (which I had with me all of the time) in their records. I wanted them to come out later in the week if possible since I was home. They said that their next available time for me was 4-12-08, which was a day where I was going to a wedding. The next available time after that was at the end of the month, on a work day for me.

Basically because they did not show up, or even notify me with a reason, they put me at the back of the line. I was trying to escalate my request and the support only gave me unreasonable dates and that “no facilities available for my order” BS. I later wanted to get my copper line put back so I could at least get phone service, and after a long wait in hold they gave me the end of the month as a date. Basically I was being run around in circles and being shoved to the end of the line because Verizon screwed up my installation. I was told the only way I could get it sooner is if I “knew an installer who’d do me a favor, ” and I was pretty much screwed with the window of time I had to get the service installed. The salesperson fed me a load of bull and the installer didn’t even call me with a reason. I tried to figure out what “no facilities available for my order” meant, and why this was such a problem since I already had the ONT in my house. Half of their work was already done.

The same day, I called a local cable company who installed my phone, internet, and cable the next day. They showed up on time and did the normal pre and post appointment verification. I unplugged the ONT in my house and let the battery go out. Verizon gave me such a lousy customer experience I swore I would never do business with them, and be sure to let other people know about their awful customer service and commitments they setup and do not honor. Verizon screwed up prior when they bought Bell Atlantic, and screwed up our perfectly find DSL service I had around 98/99. My money is going to a competitor, and Verizon won’t see if because they have abysmal customer service. I am certainly interested in fiber optic lines connected to my house, but so long as Verizon is the only provider, I will happily do without.

James
    Herndon, VA

• Jg
      May 02, 2008

I completely agree it is awful, just awful.

• Em
      May 12, 2008

We have had nothing but trouble since we switched to Verizon bundle package. The phone and tv are fine, but anytime the internet gets a load put on it - it drops out. We pay a fiber optic price for dial up service! Verizon simply thinks that shipping us a new router will eventually solve the problem. We've been through 4. Very dissatisfied and would love to get in on a class action suit.

• To
      Jun 04, 2008

I love the FIOS Internet service but HATE the FIOS TV DVR software. We've had software issues since Oct 2007 that makes the DVR unusable. A FIOS tech spent over 5 hours at the house while I walked him through all the issues in great - and repeatable - detail. Since this is a software issue, swapping the hardware had no affect since the same issues happened with new hardware. Service tickets are opened and closed with no resolution. I have filed complaints with the Texas PUC and Texas AG. Count me in on any class action suit.

Jun 12, 2008

Verizon continues to bill incorrectly even after several re-assurances that everything will be straightened out with the "next bill". Well, the next bill has come for several months and nothing has changed. This is a predatory practice that Verizon wishes to capitalize on every cent that they can squeeze out of Florida's citizens. There should be a class action lawsuit and Verizon should have to pay dearly.

• Pe
      Jun 12, 2008

Anthony -
    I couldn't agree more. Verizon is pathetic at customer service. To pay my cell bill I have to go to a Verizon store IT DOESN'T even work on my CELL PHONE! FiOS Freedom pack is even more of a joke. It isn't freedom, it is pergatory! I don't get paper bills from FiOS and since I have never even seen my account number, I can't pay the bill online. I also still do not have access to Verizon Central, so I can't pay online that way either. I have called their customer service number [protected]... and waited on hold until I couldn't wait any more... BECAUSE I AM AT WORK DURING THEIR BUSINESS HOURS!!! They have no open hours when people are off work!!!

This whole process in Florida has been ###ized from the beginning. The personal account manager program is useless. She can't even get me my account number. She is a PERSONAL *ACCOUNT* MANAGER, how can she NOT have any knowledge of teh account or the account number.

Class Action Lawsuit: I am more than ready. I want BrightHouse back and ANYONE (Even MetroPCS which sucks) for cell.

If you can't tell, I am completely disgusted with Verizon as a company.

Unfortunately, in Florida, our gov't representatives care more about corp $$$ than their tax paying / voting constituents. (It is my only complaint about Florida)

- Peter

• Ti
      Jul 01, 2008

I couldn't agree more. Verizon's customer service is pathetic AT BEST.

I ordered FiOS for installation last Friday, but no one showed up. No call, no nothing. So I figured I'd check the web page to check my "status". It said it was scheduled and on-time, which was funny because it was scheduled between 3-7pm and it was around 10pm the last time I checked on Friday. Saturday morning, I checked on a lark and found that my order number was removed completely (which is a good way to keep it out of 'Jeopardy', I guess). I then decided to cancel installation completely. I am still trying to do this.

At last count, I have talked to 11, ELEVEN different people and still no resolution. I keep getting passed around. I've been trying to talk to a supervisor, but am told "they'll call me back"

In case if anyone is wondering, the phrase "a supervisor will call you back" is just code for "I gotta get this guy off the phone". No one ever calls back, EVER.

It all boils down to the fact that no one wants to take ownership of an issue. A case gets passed on, and passed on and passed on but there is never any resolution. Verizon's customer service strategy is an epic failure. They need a top to bottom review on how tickets get issued, worked on and then resolved.

I could continue ranting, but since i've been on hold with them now (as I've been typing this) for 30 mins already, I'd rather not raise my blood pressure any further.

• Ca
      Aug 06, 2008

i have been fighting with verizon for almost two years, and im done all you get is empty promises.i was so mad one time i called to cancel my dsl i was on the phone 4 1/2 hours. then i got a superviser""" and told me he didn't want to lose me as a customer. so he was going to give me the highest internet i think it was 7.3 for $19.99 plus tax and my security $4.99, it would be $29.99 for six months. so i for get about it, and three months later my wife says why is the DSL $47.99? i said what. this goes on and on and on. please help

• Vi
      Sep 30, 2008

I've had Fios for less than 3 months and am already sick of the lost time trying to get customer service to give me just that...service. I don't consider being on the phone on hold for an hour good customer service. Not only that once you do get to speak to someone they can't even help. My internet is so sporadic that I never know when I will be in the middle of something and loose my connection. They tried to explain as a problem with my wireless but my connection with the wireless is excellent. They promise to return my call but never have. I have a one year contract with them and explained that I wanted to cancel, was told it would cost me $180. I could go on and on but I think all of you have had similar experiences. Lawsuit? You bet. I'm honestly afraid of what this company is capable of doing to me. Just let me know when...more than ready!!!

Oct 13, 2008

I'm in - Here's my complaint..
    Gladys of Rutherford NJ (10/09/08)
    In May 2008 I agreed to have FIOS installed in my home. It was the $99 bundle package. It took 3 months to straighten out my bill (billing problems on their end) after numerous phone calls and much time on the phone. It was good for one month. Then I received a bill with new charges beyond the $99 package deal. Apparently, I was supposed to Validate my service with Verizon within a certain amount of time. I did not know anything this validation nor was I ever contacted to do so.

Because my account was not validated Verizon has charged me $106.50. They took away the discount & charged me for rebundling the package. I have called Verizon many times (have some documentation & names) and have been told by customer service there was nothing they can do. One customer rep said Verizon tried contacting me via telephone, mail & email. I WORK AT HOME. I am here ALL DAY. I never received a call, nor a letter. I was even accused of ignoring it.

When I requested to speak with a supervisor - either I was left holding on the phone or the call was disconnected (after holding for for 25 minutes on one occasion). I am getting no help from them. THEY DON'T CARE. I cannot get passed a customer rep.

I thought about filing a small claims report. This validating the service does not sound right to me. It sounds like a tactic to get more money from the customer. They give you the runaround and hope that the customer gives in & just pays the bill to get rid of the problem.

I am on a strict budget and cannot afford to pay more than what my budget allows. It's taking a lot of my time calling them. I am VERY FRAUSTRATED and drained.

A couple of days later I received a call from a supervisor. She said she didn't know why I was charged $51.00 and said the rest of the charges ($55) was for a half months billing ahead (6 months later) because they changed my billing cycle. She waived the $51.

I gave up. I'm going to pay it and PRAY for a normal bill next month. A class action suit should be brought against the practices of this company. I hear a lot of billing horror stories from other people also.

- Gladys

• Wo
      Oct 23, 2008

HELP...please HELP. I want to sue Verizon for Mental Anguish, and Emotional Distress. I have a Bi Polar disorder, PTSD, and disable. This was aggrivated in part by Verizon's Constructive Negligence. In Nov. 2007, I was introduced to FIOS by a door to door salesperson who assured me if I did not like the service I could cancel within 30 days. I found I did not like the service and cancelled within 18 days, calling and informing them of such. Meanwhile I called another company(Brighthouse), making application, accepted and a date for installation for the 20th of Nov.2007. I received a disconnect bill from Verizion in March. 2008 for 491.57. I called them and stated I was not a customer of theirs, they said according to their records I was. A few days later I received another bill for 641.51. I called again with no results, placed on hold for a long period without anyone coming back to the phone to help me. I received another bill in April for 776.62. Calling them again I did get to speak to a supervisor and faxing him information about the service I do have, and when I obtained service with the other company, said he would straigthen this out, for me not to worry. I got another bill in June, '08 for 893.59, he did not straighten anything out. I got a letter last week (Oct. 08) stating my case has been turned over to a collection agency. I was in an auto accident in Dec. '07, and between this problem, my injury, being out of work, lack of funds and pain...I don't want an apology, I want Compensation and Punitve damages against Verizon. I've got all my proof against these terrible heartless people. Someone please come to a distressed on the square person.

• Wa
      Nov 01, 2008

Ok.
    March got verizon freedom for $140.00 a mouth. 1st bill I get is $185.00. I payed it. Next bill $192.00 payed it and this has been going on for 8 months. Spent hours on hold and no one picks up or I do talk to someone that LIES to me. Email is the same why they act like they are stupid. I am going back to comcast but I am sure Verizon will screw me some more and F me out of more money.

• Bo
      Nov 11, 2008

I am fighting with them now over equipment returned almost two years ago. All information was provided to them and still I keep receiving letters from different collection agencys. I just keep disputing! Try calling verizon but get transfered all over the company and finally reach a rep that says they will handle it! I am in as well!!!

• Kd
      Nov 16, 2008

I'm in! Hate verizon for overcharging me, never realizing their promised offer, and hours of waiting on the phone for their customer service! Don't know what to do and who to contact now! Let me know when you act!

Dec 01, 2008

I'M IN.

They have double billed me, over billed me, used my credit card without my authorization, billed me for services I didn't receive, billed me for services I didn't sign up for, couldn't transfer my service, couldn't resolve my final bill (I received two bills I was supposed to disregard in waiting for my closing bill) and now they claim I never returned my equipment and I AM HOLDING THE RECEIPT.

VERIZON IS THE WORST COMPANY, PROVIDING THE WORST SERVICE.

• Jj
      Dec 09, 2008

Would love to be in on this as well. Been screwed by them from the beginning.

• Co
      Dec 10, 2008

Located in Florida as well... Here is my story :

Rep came to my door. I’d just learned that FIOS was ready for my neighborhood, but was waiting to jump on since I’d been running a home

business and changing services took a lot of work….

Rep promised me a 200.00 rebate if I signed up that day. It was for the Friends and Family promotion and I would be treated as though I’d referred

two friends. He also promised me a completely free installation.

Wrote out a contract which I signed. Wrote 200.00 referral on the contract.

Tech came and installed TV and Internet.

1 1/2 months later I get my first bill. 680.00. I was charged for every part of the installation. I was also charged for 2 routers. No 200.00 referral

credit.

So I call and here begins the same song and dance everyone else seems to be experiencing.

I was instantly credited for 1 of the routers. I was told I was being credited for everything.
    I was told to pay for only the portion of what I actually owed.

The next month I get my bill. 540.00. There is a 7.00 late fee. The credit for the 1 router shows. No other credits show. No 200.00 referral credit.

I call again. I am credited a portion of the install fee and told that my router credit is pending. Again I am told to only pay the portion of what I owe.

3rd month. Late Fee. No Referral Credit. No credit for router. Call about the router. Told again it is pending and will be put through the following

month. Told to call my local management team about the referral credit.

My area manger calls me. I explain the situation about the referral credit. He tells me he will call his supervisor. I am asked to fax my original invoice

with the 200.00 credit mark.
    1 week later I receive a voice mail telling me that I will be getting that 200.00 credit.

4th Month. No Referral Credit. Late Fee. No router credit. Talk to the supervisor. Tells me there is nothing he can do and that we have to wait for a

response from another supervisor. Again I pay only what I owe. I ask what about the phone call telling me that I would receive my credit. Apologizes

and said he didn’t know either.

5th Month. Rinse and Repeat. Different story about waiting for a different team.

6th Month. Rinse and Repeat.

7th Month. Here I am now. I call once a week to check on things. I talk to the same person. He tells me they are working on it. Everything is

pending. 343.00 is owed to me, or still being charged on my account.

With so many people having so many problems with billing through Verizon, why hasn’t a Class Action Lawsuit started. It may be different stories or

circumstances, but they all appear to be the same problem. Same song and dance with no resolutions. ?

• Sh
      Feb 05, 2009

I have 5 kids and they new I was switching service so they shut my phone off early, I called and they said it was a flaw that is would be turned on the next day, they called me and said they are very sorry but it can't be turned on until the 9th, they day It would be switched over, over a week later. They screw with you on purpose terrible company would never ever go with them again, no to mention all my extra fees and things I kept getting after they said I can't get the budle up anymore.
    Sheri Banning, CA

• Ih
      Feb 10, 2009

I am so for a class action lawsuit. False advertising, poor customer service, misleading, outright lying, completely unethical.

I got FIOS installed on Jan 19th, 2009. Today Feb 10th, 2009 (20 days later) I received my first bill for $190.18 (I cancelled Cox who I was with for 7 years because Verizons promotions said $79.99 a month for TV and internet FIOS @ 20/5MBPs. They lied about everything, and now they are saying I can't cancel because if I do you can only cancel after 15 days otherwise pay $120.00 disconnect fee and the contract automatically gets signed for 1 year of this after 30 days.

BEWARE OF THE FRAUD OF VERIZON and its extremely UNETHICAL BILLING PRACTICES, may they all go to hell, straight to hell where they belong.

1) The customer service/FiOS ordering division said "Installation is free" so that you think there is no activation fee, well guess what $32.00 activation fee for FIOS INTERNET even if you get the bundle, then they will say they are doing you a favor for not charging you $70.00 for activation of the "FIOS TV" service. They specifically use the term "installation is free" without disclosure of activation is not free so you assume their are no extra activation fees. They never even mentioned an activation fee, never on the phone nor when the install technician came out nor in any of the literature.

2) They lied about a promotion for 3 SET TOP BOXES BEING FREE
    They charged me for 2 (1 standard, 1 HD which they lied about also) of them on the bill and credited me for one on this first bill. They are charging me $5.99 per standard set top box.

3) They lied about the HD Set TOP box. It was suppossed to be a DVR and free for 6 months, its on the bill for $9.99 and its not even a DVR, they instead installed an HD Set top box only with no DVR. Verify this when they come for the installation and if you order over the phone, GET THE ORDER IN WRITING FOR GODs SAKE!!!

4) They lied about the Movie/HBO/Cinemax Package which was suppossed to be free for 30 days. I called in on Feb 2nd, 2009 to cancel this "free promotion" and the csr said I will put a note in the file to cancel it and it will not appear on the billing at all. Sure enough this was a lie and she put it in for cancellation on the 23rd of February so I would get charged for another full month, when it was suppossed to be free. They charged me an incremental bill of $12.00 for Jan 2009 and the full $30.00 for Feb 2009 when It was suppossed to be cancelled.

False advertising at it best, and the CSR's are trained to lie, basically to do anything to make the "sale". I am all for a lawsuit, I left a message with the CSR Supervisor to call back within 48 hours or I will file a suit since they refused to fix the billing in any way other then knocking off $30.00 to bring the bill to a mere $160.00.

A breakdown of the FIOS bill/Bundle bill, for anyone interested given that I was told many things were "free":

Verizon Flex

17 VA Communications Sales tax $5.19
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total Taxes, Fees & Other Charges $10.00

New Charges
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Verizon Flex $79.99
    Bundle-Partial Month $24.16
    TV Additional Services $64.37
    Internet Additional Services $11.66
    Taxes, Fees, & Other Charges $10.00
    Total Due $190.18

My Cox bill never exceeded about 104.00 with the digital tiers and high speed internet and I owned the cable modem.

Fairfax, Virginia Angry Customer # 1, 000, 500
    If they cant correct my issues I am going back to COX (only to have them say they need an activation fee, reconnect fee, loyalty fee LOL)

• Wo
      Feb 12, 2009

This is Woody H.B, who complained here about Verizon on October 23, 2008. They finally sent my debt to a collection agency(ERSolutions), who contacted me, I explained that I do not owe this debt, and I fax them information to corroborate my story. I thought the matter was over...not so. On 1/12/09, I received a letter from another debt collection agency(Afni, Inc.), stating they represent Verizon, and I must satisfy this debt or it will be turned over to the credit bureau as an unsatisfied debt for 883.59. I am now on a fixed income since last being on here, and can't afford an attorney to help sue these people. Being familiar with the court systems to a degree, I know I can sue as an indigent, in which Verizon will have to answer my suit within 30 days. I realize these people have the best corporate lawyers in the business, but I will be costing them some money some way or another. If you who have been wronged by Verizon, are serious about a class action(more than 3 plaintiff's) suit, contact me and let's get busy with this matter. My e-mail is: [protected]@aol.com. Let's stop complaining and do something about this mess.

Mar 20, 2009

You have experienced everything I have experienced. I, too, have called to cancel my 30-day free look and it's STILL on my bill. I have called every month for 3 months now.
    I have had issues since even BEFORE installation, whereby I took off of work so that they could come and install. They FORGOT to call me in the morning to let me know the installer "called in sick". I lost a whole day of work! They did send a different service man around 3:30pm and low and behold, he couldn't install anything.
    He came back on a saturday (one week later) and wanted to put holes through my window moldings/frame and have the cable come through my house that way!
    Then the charges on my bill...UNBELIEVABLE.

• Oh
      Mar 26, 2009

Hi ih8vzb4ever,

I definitely agree with you. I recently experienced a similar fate from Verizon. I am also considering a suit against them. Please email me with any action you have taken so far at RAJEN.[protected]@GMAIL.COM. I am for a group to file a class action again such bait and switch action of Verizon. Thanks Raj

• Oh
      Mar 26, 2009

Hi ih8vzb4ever,

I definitely up for a class action against verizon. Please email me privately and we can group together. I had a similar experience with them recently. Thanks

• Co
      Apr 13, 2009

I also want to file with you on behalf of me and my husband. They were billing us for things and could not tell us what they were for and when we asked they told us that they couldn't give out that information! ###!!! they cant give us information on our money, no I don't think so. They racked our bill up to almost $1, 000.oo. [protected]@yahoo.com

• Sh
      Apr 25, 2009

My complaint about FIOS is that they cannot get the guide accurate. I have wasted too much time onthe phone with them for over 18months now. The problem is that they use a 3rd party vendor to consolidate the info from the program providers into their guide. It is often innacurate, often the timea re off by hours and often the descriptions are an absolute joke. We have made complaints thru the Nj utilities board, who simply contact Verizon, and thenm we get some well meaning gate-keeper. We never get a resloution, althoughsometimes it seems we might be. Customer service is a joke, and they cannot help us with this issue b/c it is something that Verizon has to work outwith this vendor. Thre are depts that deal with this, but we, as consumers, cannot get through to them, only to a techie. Sheila NJ

• Do
      May 16, 2009

Within 20 days of service with Verizon my computer crashed due to a virus. I purchased the security suite through Verizon for $5.99 to avoid this problem. I was told by Verizon that it was my fault because I had other security software on my computer. I reminded them that I had called for tech help to properly install the security, they appologized. Regardless, I had also did a back-up again through the security suite - I was told that I did not properly bundle the package (no back-up). So now that I have lost everything I called to cancel my service, I wasn't going to wait for this to happen again & the service I recieved was insulting. It was then that I found out that I never had security suite at all - they deleted all record of it! What they did not realize was that I printed all of the scan reports (opps). I also did not get what I asked for with the cable service, again it was my fault! I asked if we could listen to the initial phone call I made to begin service, they said yes...SUPER! However, I was then told that the original phone call was made on April 20, 2009 - wait, that was the day I had installation & unless they had ESP how did they know when to come to my house? Then I was told that my original phone call to start service was May 8, 2009 - 2 weeks AFTER instalation...hmmmm? Then when I got upset, I was hung up on (for the 30th time since the process began). Brighthouse came to my house that same day :) I will never make the mistake of using verizon again!!! I am going to contact the Attorney General, BBB, FTC & anyone else I can before I pay their disconnect fee. I think there is a law in FL that states that I have 30 days to cancel a my contract - EXSPECIALLY seeing I did not get the services. Florida law trumps their contract. I am reading some of these comments and I am happy to say that I didn't give them a second chance!!!

Donna

• Se
      Jun 04, 2009

I live in NJ. I've had FIOS for maybe 3 months or so. Never had problems technically with tv or internet, although the long distance on the phone didn't always go through. We were dsl customers prior to this and it was always cutting out on me so I was happy to switch. We've been paying our bills as they come in. This last month on the 29th our service was shut off with no notice. It was only 3 days past due - I was just waiting to get paid at the end of the week. I paid the bill in cash - our stuff still didn't come back on. When I called them about it, they told me they "found" and old bill from a year ago in the amount of $500 and change. They told me I had to pay it if I wanted to be reinstated. I told them I wouldn't pay it until I saw the itemized bill and compared it to all my payments I had made in the past year. They refused to restore my service. How can I be expected to pay a bill miraculously found from a year ago sight unseen? If I had a bill that large, wouldn't they have shut me off a year ago? Something smells fishy there. These people are incredible. I canceled the service on the spot. They tried to invoke their disconnection policy, but I pointed out that they were refusing me service and I had paid all my bills up to this point. The funny thing is yesterday I get a package with all the envelopes to mail back the boxes. It was mailed out on the 28th - the same day they cut me off. It's like they didn't want my business in the first place. I called Comcast and even switched the phone over to them. I don't want anything to do with Verizon anymore. They're a bunch of crooks and their customer service is anything but! I would love to join a class action against them.

• Un
      Jun 11, 2009

Hello,

I have had major trouble with Verizon including wrong billing and never recieved a final bill and they did a charge off.

During that time I contacted the RI Public Utilities Commission and they contacted Verion's 'President's Office' and they went throught the bills and we agreed on the credits and a final balance. They said wait for a final bill and pay. Instead during this 'resolution period' they "charged off my account" and reported it the credit bureau. They were oblivious to that fact. No internal communication. Damages would include interest rate increases. I want them to fix their problem.

Today they said that they would show my account as paid but that could not reveres the aging that also impacts credit scores. I was applying for a home equity loan and that's how I learned about the charge off. In addition, the bank told me they have more complaints on reports from Verizon than anyone ele.

Please advise,

Richard Weinberg

verizon.class.[protected]@zmail.pro

• Ki
      Jul 30, 2009

I totally understand what you all are talking about, I used to work for Verizon and the treated me like ### when I was a customer, I had dsl and phone service with them, My service was active and I was disconnected and sent to collections for an unpaid bill, all because some rep, misunderstood what my problem with my DSL service and cancelled my account and started me on another account without informing me of this change. When I finally called them to find out why I was getting this bill, I was told what had actually happen.

I was disgusted, I switched my phone service to Vonage and kept the DSL, big mistake, the following year they kicked my debt card number from the system auto bill pay, I didn't know what happen, left the country for the summer thinking my bill would be taken care only to return and see I have this huge DSL bill and them tell me I owe for a modem they send to me I didn't know what for and just throw it in the closet I returned it to them, only to be credited for sending it back 3mos later. I switched to my local cable company for internet, and at the higher price I will keep that service, just to have a peace of mind, because in actuality, my cable provides broadband for $49.95 and I got DSL for $34.95, there is no comparison between the two.

Believe it or not, most of their workers have other companies for phone and internet service, due to the fact that they are so rude, and they know the service that they provide to customers. When you know that you treat customers like ### at your job why would you be a customer at your job, you know how you are going to be treated. When we found out Verizon was entering in the TV business, we were all thinking, nobody would be stupid enough to go for that, but I guess there is a born sucker for commercials everyday.

I can say this about working there, if you treat a customer like crap, the supervisor doesn't say anything the workers, especially the workers who are in unions. The workers use all kinds of excuses to put the work on somebody else, and trickery and laziness is the main culprit. I feel like this if I have to get out of my bed every morning to do something, I will do it at the best of my ablitiy.

Often, you are told by supervisiors, I'm not calling them back or that customer can go ### off. Here and there you would find a Supervisor who cares, but nobody never wants to work on their team and the workers will team up and make it hard for that supervisor to manage them and then they leave that location or are transfered to another location because the company needs them somewhere else. Verizon only fires people when they need to cut back in one area of the company to say for something else they want to do for another, that is when they look to roll heads.

So as you can see the customer suffers. Most people don't know that Verizon Fios technology would overload converter boxes and they would smoke letting off fumes, Check to see if you or anybody in your home has been having headaches more since its been installed,
    and currently the fiber cables have been melting through walls and drop ceilings, Verizon had been trying to get Fios off the ground for the longest, but they couldn't get the boxes that house the Fiber optics (not just the converters) to stop over heating somebody in Long Island house caught fire, Yes did you hear me, caught fire.

That box has to consistantly be plugged to an electrical outlet, this is not to hard to imagine. They had to go back to the drawing board and the government made them make a more safe product, the only thing with that is I still wouldn't trust that because, it was only like 1 year had passed since that happen. The defects were so prevelent a councilmen fought them and made them uninstal every person who had Fios in that town, the word in the company was that the cable company caused this action, I say hello, your gargage BS technology was the cause.

Thousand of people including me were laid off because of Verizon FIOS, they spent billions on this service and they are looking to have the unsuspecting or potential customer pay them back for it. A friend who is a FIOS installer told me they have no intentions on lowering the price because they are so confident in their product being SUPERIOR.
    People need to wake up, Verizon is the same old company they have always been, very expensive with lousy customer service as always.

So much crap goes on with them they will look for every way not to pay you back, they don't even like to pay their rent where they have facilites, they wait until the building owner takes them to court to pay their rent. So what makes you think they will pay you back.

THEY ARE NOT LOOKING TO CHANGE NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU COMPLAIN, THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO TELL PEOPLE TO STEER CLEAR OF THIS PIMPS!!!

• Fr
      Aug 05, 2009

Silver Spring, MD: Verizon has very bad business policies. After graduating from broadband to FiOS, I was told that there is and would not be a termination charge. I was recently told by a rep that there should have been no "termination charge." It has taken over three months to get a credit and no resolution at this time.

The above is just a few problems with Verizon. Billing from them is a nightmare!!

Is it just Verizon?? No, I've had very similar problems with Comcast, credit cards companies, and Asseen ontv orders. No order; no refund. It seems as those companies are out to make money in any way they can. Owe them some money and see what happens.

Even though my account with Comcast is in account resulution, my account was still forwarded to a collection agency. We must take TIME and it will take TIME to resolve such problems.

Aug 17, 2009

Verizon Fios and Cell Service really stinks. The HD DVRs are worthless because they actually shut our TVs down and turn them back on repeatedly. When I was talking to technical support the guy told me that was impossible but have proof of it and several witnesses to this happening. I am contacting my attorney and finding out how to sue Verizon for poor service and never solving the problem. The worst part was whenever they sent me another box it was used and one time they sent me one they must have never turned on because it still had the parental control that someone else set up and they could not reset it over the phone. We had the service installed on June 6, 2008 and even that was messed up because they did not even have the right boxes and then charged me for the installation fee of $20.00 for each box past the amount included. Then we put our stepson's on our cell phone and they messed up the plan he was on not to mention they have the worst service that we have ever had. We were charged things for things incorrectly and it took months for them to get that straightened out and then the poor service was the breaker for us. Awhile back we changed up to the price for life DSL Service and they even messed that up and we were supposed to 4months free service but only received three. If anyone else is interested in this suit that we are going to bring please let me know.

• By
      Nov 12, 2009

Please!!! we need to do something, I don't know how to start filing a law suite against Verizon if anyone in here do please let me know I will join you immediately!
    Verizon has billed me since 2 yrs ago with a wrong amount every month despite of hours and hours of phone calls to correct the amount and get credit back.
    They are doing this purposely, some business entity don't know what the meaning of doing business ethically, Verizone is one of them.
    It is my fault that I did not discontinued my contract on my first 2 years but after this contract end I sware on my granmother's grave that I would not use Verizon as my internet/phone and TV provider. I would rather live with my cell phone and DVD rentals.
    Please, email me if you have gotten attorney or anything to move forward to sue Verizon, we need to unite to teach this ### company a lesson!!! My email is [protected]@hotmail.com and I live in Howard County, Maryland.

• Fv
      Feb 18, 2010

i am hoping enough of us will stand up and make the class action lawsuit happen. the way they do business is not okay and i spend what seems to be 50% of my life fighting with them to get the service i pay for and they promise to give. why the law suit has not happend yet, but anyone who's really interested please contact me so we can take active steps in mkaing it happen.

• I would love to get involved in a class action suit as they have reported me to a collection agency because I won't over pay my last bill they sent me. They can't explain the bills they send even when I talk to supervisors.

• Kv
      Apr 20, 2010

I HATE VERIZON. I continually was billed incorrectlyand everytime I called and was transferred and hung up on. When someone finally could help me they would promise to fix it and then another messed up bill would come in the mail with 3 more charges on it for more crap I didnt order!!! I have spend a good part of my waking moments on the phone with Verizon screaming and complaining to fix the bill!!! I am so stressed out all the time because of Verizon. I had Fios and internet and cell phone service and cancelled them all early! Then I get told I have a 119.00 early termination fee! If I have to pay them 119.00 to cancel early then they need to give me all the hours back in my life that I have WASTED calling them on the phone!!! DOWN WITH VERIZON!!!