Value max / Fraud

1 TX, United States Review updated:

We too were charged 19.95 on our checking account. If i hadn't deposited money 30 minutes before that was taken out, we would had been charged for insufficient funds. The bank gave me an 888 number to call. I spoke with a woman i could barely understand. I told her I had no idea what value max was yet alone obtain a membership. She said they would credit it back to me and "thank you for choosing value max" and hung up! I did not choose value max! I had never heard of it! I would file charges but I have no money to get a lwayer. But someone needs to put a top to these people. There is no telling how many people they are screwing over! They got my info from intelius...do not go there!

Comments

• Pa
      29th of Dec, 2008

Fortunately, I looked back through my account, and found that I had been charged $19.95 for July, August, September, October, November as well as December! So I called them back - "Sorry, " she said, "we can't refund any prior charges. You enrolled yada yada ya . . ." You have to argue with them. Finally, she agreed to refund all of the charges within 2 business days. Don't give in.

• Ka
      25th of Feb, 2009

I have the exact same problem.. I went to Intellius for some address information - and next thing you know I am receiving monthly charges to my credit card in the amount of $19.95 for two companies Protect Plus and Value Max - which are the same company it appears.

AP9*24PROTECT PLUS 800-211-9749 CTUS $19.95 Charge

AP9*VALUE MAX 888-205-2257 CTUS $19.95 Charge

I am filing a fraud report thru my bank. I did NOT authorize the monthly charges. I have the same issue as you. This is Fraud and illegal. They are working to stop this and maybe recover my money.I can't believe they can get away with this.

• Ke
      4th of Mar, 2009

I have the same problem as you guys did. One thing you can do to get them to stop is report your credit card as stolen to your bank and you should get a new card with new numbers (i had to do that with the Kevin Treadu scam, but it worked). your old numbers will become invalid and they wont be able to file any more charges. Getting your money back may be a bigger problem, my bank was very unwilling to help there, but file a report with the Better Business Bureau could help.

• Bi
      4th of Mar, 2009

I was charged $19.95 on 16 December 2008 and again on 14 January 2009. I have not heard of this company. I was charged by Intelius and US Search for doing some searches for me, but nothing was mentioned about ValueMax. I have called the 1-888-205-2257 number and get put on hold or cut off. No one has ever answered my call. The website has no contact information on it and I have no idea what the ID or Password is, since I have had nothing to do with this company. I want my damn money back!

13th of Mar, 2009

Value Max has charged me membership fee for $19.99 twice recently. I never have signed up for its membership and know neither what kind business Valuemax runs, nor their website until few days ago I began to check my bank statement. As I called them thy are so unfriendly and impatient so that I couldn't continue to question. When I asked about my user ID they give me a series number. I has reported my credit company and asked for investigation. I want to tell people the truth because I don't want them to do the wrong thing again and again. It doesn't matter with money.

• Ss
      25th of Mar, 2009

I too have been charged 19.95 by Value Max since Nov...when I called I asked what the company is, they informed me that I signed up for a savings book! I have been unemployed so have signed up for nothing! After a few phone calls, they said I would be credited the amount in 2 days time...we'll see.
    Jacksonville, FL

• Ee
      20th of Apr, 2009

You know something, I just got a call from my bank asking me about charges from a valuemax. I called the number provided and they wanted me to either put in a reference number, phon number, or credit card number; well when I put my phone number in it told me it did not reconize my number then wanted my credit card information. I never gave them any credit card number and had a hold put on my account and will be getting my money back. The thing was I was sitting right in front of my computer and typed in Valuemax in the search and found this site with all the complaints on it; what a find.

• In
      5th of Nov, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.