vacation services of america / Rude employees

1 OK, United States Review updated:

My wife and I were solicited by phone to attend a vacation presentation at Branson. We were to receive discounted theatre tickets in exchange. At the time we made the reservations, which involved THREE phone calls, both my wife and I stated that we have 2 children, ages 3 and 11, that would be with us. We were told this would be fine. When the confirmation email and policy emails arrived, the only thing in them about children was that 'children age 2 and under were not allowed'. When we arrived for the presentation, we were told in an extremely rude manner by the manager, Dennis, that children were NOT allowed. He picked up a piece of paper, started stabbing at it with his finger and shoved it into my wife's face. I was about to make a rather unpleasant scene when my wife hustled me out of the lobby. They had charged my credit card $73 for the tickets. The tickets were canceled by the company and we were told we would be charged the remainder of the $412 for the tickets. I called Chase immediately and disputed the charge and told them to deny any further charges.

These people are crooks! Thieves, liars, crooks, conmen.

Comments

• De
      25th of Jun, 2012

We went to a presentation also this weekend. Everything was great at first-friendly, offered coffee, whatever we needed. After the promotion they gave us the price of $11, 995 for the club with $389 closing and $199 yearly rates. After several times of lowering the price, the final price was $1000 with no fees, just the yearly dues. By this time we had said no several times and my husband was ready to go. When standing up and putting chair under table, he hit the table. The salesperson (nephew of owner he said) called security and said my husband was throwing chairs and wanted us escorted out of building. When we were separated by the security guard, the salesperson called my husband a "dick". When he turned to ask him about it, we were told to keep going and had the door shut behind us. We did get our tickets for the show, didn't really think we would. They were there when we went to pick them up.

Would never set in another presentation of any kind again.

After looking online later, I find that there have been many unhappy people with this company. Some just for the rude employees and alot for not getting what they thought they were purchasing.

I hope anyone going to Branson in the future will avoid this company. The tickets aren't that expensive for the hassle you will get from the company.