Vacation Promotions / Refund not Received

7131 US Hwy 19N Unit 2New Port Richey, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 727-853-0196
I purchased a travel package on review for $249. This had a 30 day cancellation policy. I returned the package (delivery confirmed and received) 14 days after receiving it. I have not received a refund. I've contacted them directly. They indicated the refund was in process and that I should received it in 30-45 days. That was 6 months ago.

Sounds like a fraud to me.

Comments

Ca
  24th of Nov, 2008
I have been waiting for 3 months for my refund and still nothing. I sent mine back the next day. They called me when they got it and tryed to talk me out of it and offered it to me for less and when I said no they got mad and hung up on me.
Sh
  10th of Feb, 2009
I also bought the vacation package they told me I had 30 days to change my mind. I was very skeptical and they stayed on the phone with me for 40 minutes talking me into it and lead me to a website with the "supposed hotels". There were contact details so I thought it had to be legit. After Fedexing my package back at another $40 they keep saying the refund is in process then finally they said that the bank merchant had closed and the money was gone. What a load of crap, I cant beleive I fell for it.
How can we report these people.
Vp
  20th of Mar, 2009
The merchant account DID close due to the economy, we are in the same position as you. Our office was recently revamped with a whole new staff. Call and we would be glad to help you.
Fe
  21st of Jul, 2009
What is the number? Since 8006842058 and 8006842064 have been disconnected. I paid $325 for a package, canceled it the next day so the package was never sent (as confirmed by one of your colleagues). I was told that a refund was put through since they never sent the package and it would take 14-21 business days for me to see it. It has been 30 days now, and all numbers have been disconnected. So if you are willing to help, please give me a working number to get this sorted out.
Ma
  31st of Jul, 2009
yes, please provide new numbers - as the whole company should have at least notified those who have previously purchased packages of the change - I have been trying to contact vacation promotions since the beginning of july - you - need to post your website and new numbers - this is very poor business etiquette -
Fe
  25th of Aug, 2009
Got through to their new number (888)8081814. They are still giving me the run around saying that it takes 90 business days to get back a refund. Sorry I didn't get her name but she wouldn't even listen, kept saying "90 business days mam". She wouldn't even take my name and credentials. I guess they get calls about refunds everyday. I will keep trying and hope for the best. Has anyone ever gotten any money back from these people? Well I will continue to pray that I do get my money back. This has definately made it hard for any other sales person or company as I do not wish to hear any more deals again. VPrep, you have been very quiet. Can you please answer one question for me; before the merchant account close, did Vacation Promotions honor any refunds due to customers cancelling a package?
Ju
  11th of Sep, 2009
I got a call from Summer Bay Resorts. I believe they have the Vacation Promotions accounts. I had a vacation I had tried to cancel but got talked out of it. Anyway, they extended its use for me which I was planning to take. Now they call me and tell me its expired and they won't honour what I was originally told. However, for $149 they will extend the original package. Needless to say I was not happy but they would not honour the original deal, no integrity there. They would not give me even a partial refund. They just hung up on me and said they'd give it to someone else.

that's life
Tu
  17th of Nov, 2009
I also have purchased a vacation package in March 2008. When I was called, first of all the lady told me she got my number from Visa. I have checked with Visa and they say they never sell or give their clients informations. I asked a million questions to be certain of what I was getting. Ended up most of the informations given to me weren't right. So when I called a year later to try booking the vacation I was told my vacation had expired and of course they said for an amount of money I could extend the delay. I complained and told them I was clearly told there was no time limit and told them to get the tapes from my conversation with their rep to verify what I was telling them. Guess they weren't able to do that so they extended my package no charge. That was in April 09. Last September I started calling to try and make a reservation for Calypso Cay in Orlando. I was told to fax my request. I did. More than once and never got a phone call. I sent e-mails. I called again and again and was told they didn't receive anything from me. Strange because I have all my confirmations and also my phone bill to proove I called. So I still haven't been able to make my reservation. Once, 2 weeks ago, someone called me from their organisation but I wasn't home and they never called back. I tried calling back but of course nobody knows who called me. So I will still try to call and call. I hope they'll get fed up with me and give me what I want.
Tv
  6th of Dec, 2009
do you have a number for them?
  16th of Mar, 2010
Yes it is difficult to get your money back. Even if you use your credit card, it is not easy. Discover card would barely assist me. They gave me a 30 day credit reversal, but then rescinded it without any explanation. They probably had as much trouble contacting Vacation Promotions as I did. VP gives you all the excuses, if you can get them on the phone. They use a series of different phone numbers which are disconnected and reconnected after a certain timeframe. Only after contacting the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint, was I offered my refund, which took over 6 months.