US Fidelis / Awful experience

1 200 Mall ParkwayWentzville, MO, United States Review updated:

I purchased a warranty from US Fidelis for my car. I made my down payment and I had not received my contract in the mail. I called them and they explain that they are a broker For several warranty companies and the one that was sold to me they did not do business with anymore. They said they flipped me (whatever that means) to a different company but I still had the same coverage. I ask them why they did not call me and tell me this and why I did not receive paperwork.

The person said that I was to be notified and apologized. I was like, ok, then my coverage still starts April 3rd, right? Because I made my payment on February 3rd and I was told I had 60 days and 1500 miles to wait before I could use it. I already have the 1500 miles. The representative said that my coverage would not start until 60 days from when the coverage was flipped.
Is it my fault that they decided to quit doing business with the company I originally had?
I have to wait longer for my coverage because US FIDELIS can't make up their mind who they are going to deal with? I told that to the person on the phone and they just kept apologizing. I said they could apologize all they wanted but this was still very wrong and I want my money back. So they start in with how I need this coverage so bad and my car is going to put me into financial ruin. I told the person that US Fidelis was going to put me in financial ruin and cancel it. He asked me to hold and then I get transferred to someone else who starts with the same line. The last person hounded me until it was almost harassment. They attempted to give me a huge discount
if I would not cancel.
OH My GOSH! Are these people desperate? Their management must lurk over their shoulders and threatening their jobs if they don't drill the customer to death. Seriously, why do they carry on like this? I had to wonder if the business was going under and after all the hooplah and I KNEW I wanted to cancel no matter what. The stereotype reputation of a used cars salesman would describe this company, but ten times worse.
So, now I am waiting to be refunded my down payment of $195. The last person told me I had to send them copies of the contract, mileage reading and HAVE IT NOTARIZED? All because THEY decided to change my warranty? Then they have to gall to tell me there is a $25 fee for processing. At this point I felt like I was going to start screaming!
This conversation started at the [protected] number from me just asking where my paperwork was. I had to talk to four different people and about 45 minutes later I finally got canceled. I am waiting for my refund and in the meantime I am contacting the BBB and the attorney general in my state. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID.

Br

Comments

Jj
  25th of Mar, 2009

weve been fans of rusty wallace's for a long time and we were really surprised that his team would take us fidelis as a sponsor. write him and tell him what u think about us fidelis http://www.rustywallace.com/contact_us.html

Va
  28th of Apr, 2009

If they "Flipped" you, that is called bait and switch. Read this carefully now; NO TWO COMPANIES OFFER THE SAME COVERAGE. This is what they did, they explained one plan to you, and sold you snother one. You thought you were paying for a "Bumper to Bumper" plan, but you are not getting that. Their system is set up to specifically pull up ebery plan that is availble for your car, if it not availeble, it will not come up. If they "flipped" you, most likely the plan that they sold you will not make them as much money as the other one they put you in. Here are some thing you SHOULD do ASAP. Call your credit card company, tell them that US Fidelis "misrepresented" their product and you need them to cancel the transaction. THEY WILL!!! After that, call your atterney general. The one in your state. Then call the atterney general in MO, where US Fidelis is located. This is classic sales. And bait and switch is horrible, but happens waaaaaay too much. The atterney generals are busy, but if thousands of people keep calling them, they will take action!!!

Je
  5th of May, 2009

I had the same problem with them. I have paid over $500.00 towards this so-called warranty so far. My car broke down and i took it to the dealership to find out that my car needs thousands of dollars worth of repairs. Ask what US fidelis did for me? ###!!! All this work needs to be done but nothing is covered under warranty. There are so many loop holes with this it's not funny. I have 3 windows that broke in my car at the same time... the window regulators went out. The warranty covers the window motors but not the regulators and you can't purchase window regulators without the motors!!! WTF????? On top of all this i havent even used the stupid worthless thing and they are refusing to give me a refund after only 2 months. Needless to say i am having to have an atterney investigate the issue to see what can be done. My mother always says if it sounds to good to be true it usually is people. I feel like a complete JACKASS having wasted my money. That's $500.00 i could have had to start attempting to get the thousands of dollars worth of work done on my car which is still broke!!! RIPOFF, RIPOFF, RIPOFF. I tell everyone i come in contact with about how much of a scam this is.

Va
  1st of Jun, 2009

It is a shame, but there is a class action lawsuit against them now. Join it. And if anyone from US Fidelis reads this, how can you sleep at night guys.

Ei
  12th of Feb, 2010

Reason I started US Fidelis Warranty Dec. 2nd. was because I trusted the Rusty Wallace name. Started seeing all the complaints and sent everything back thinking I was fine under the 30-day trial time. Mepco (finance company) is still taking payments out of my account and say they can't cancel it. US Fidelis says they can't cancel because they are only a broker to Choice Manufacturing. Choice Manufacturing says they can't cancel even though they received returned products and letter on Dec. 29th (within 30 days). It's been over two months, still trying to cancel payments and get $150 deposit back.

California

Ha
  12th of Mar, 2010

Same experience here. When my transmission broke they said first they will cover 2000k (while during sales I was told they will cover 100%). Then they said they will not be able to cover it. So I said I would like to cancel and they said I have to do three things before I can cancel: Call 1 agency and do stop payment, call Mepco and request cancellation and fax 4 documents, filled out request form (for which most detals are not available in the contract form), NOTARIZED milage readout, and copies of contract and finance form. These were faxed to some number. When I called I was told to call abck after weeks to know if the fax and the documents are good. I called again after 2 weeks to find that it is cancelled but no one knows about the refund. They said it could be months and that they have employed this understaffed company to handle canecellations.
Basically when enrolling you they do it so fast and efficiently with no signature and only your credit card. But while cancelling they make you do all the clerical work and then have you wait indefinitely.

Big mistake to go with this company. Please do not make my mistake.