University of Phoenix / terrible experience
I was a student of University of Phoenix. It began when I was pressured to sign up, instead of just calling for information as I first intended. I should have never signed up for this school. When I wanted to leave the school because I felt that I wasn't learning anything, they dared to fine me over a thousand dollars for classes I only took for a couple of weeks. Now they're threatening to turn over that amount, which takes me at least two months to save up due to a set budget(I live by myself), to their corporate collections office. Why would any legit campus have a collections office? And why aren't they being honest about my money?
I mean that I had 1100 dollars saved up for my Boston trip later this year, but I sent it in cash (In a panic) because of a threatening letter they sent me, threatening to turn my money over to collections. I got a harassing phone call at work from the school (Namely a 'Lynn') threatening to turn over my account in 72 hours. I kept telling them that I sent the money last month and there is no way that I owed them anything.
I'm suspecting that someone stole my money, but I doubt that anyone will actually confess to it. Although they claim that they would fire someone who did that, I don't think they would. I'm greatly upset and worried about my credit. I'm even more worried that they will continue to harass me.
They stole my money and lied about me not paying them. This I am certain of.
More University of Phoenix Complaints & Reviews
- University of Phoenix - misleading students when enrolling and financial aid disbursements 
- University Of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group - class action law suit: misuse of title iv funds and accounting practices: unethical business practices : scam and fraud 
- University Of Phoenix Financialaid Processing Department - failure to release financial aid information 
- University Of Phoenix Axia Online - rip off 
- University of Phoenix - not returning financial aid dispersed to them 
- University of Phoenix - financial aid scam
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - excess student refund loan never
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - student loans
- University of Phoenix - corrupt, scam, criminal (crap) "school"
- University of Phoenix - advisors: enrollment/ re-entry