United Online Collections Division / Netzero Account

1 SC, United States Review updated:

I attempted to cancel my account with Netzero some several months ago. First, it was difficult to figure out how to do. Once I did, I sent an email in the manner provided for by the company telling them I wished to cancel the account. The account remained open and I simply ignored it as I knew my credit card would no longer pay. I expected Netzero to cancel the account but, instead, I received a bill from the United company.
This is an uacceptable manner of doing business. It should be no more difficult to cancel the account than it is to sign up for it. All of the time I was customer, which was for quite a while, I always paid timely. The only time there has been an issue is when I attempted to cancel the account after signing up for internet service by a local provider.

Comments

• So
      28th of Mar, 2010

When are you people going to learn that the "only" way to cancel is to CALL THEM on the phone? Sending email does not work, and you consumers need to stop being delusional pansies who think that "sending an email should be sufficient." This is the real world, where corporate policies are stacked against you, and you have to play ball by their rules. I have used and canceled many of these services, and every time I call them to do so. Grow up, people. I think netzero is a bunch of ###, and I don't work for them--I'm just a guy, but I'm responding to this repeated theme of "I sent an email, and like, they didn't cancel, and like, that was wrong, and like, um, like, I have my civil rights...blah blah blah."