United Marketing Group / Total scam!

I am being charged for many things I did not agree too and canceled last month. Buyers Edge and something called My Advisor. I agreed to a free month of buyers Edge and a Medical reduction cost plan but canceled them both before the month was up. The Medical was indeed canceled but what is this My Advisor and how did I even get this. I have no use for any such nonsense anyway. Everything was supposed to be canceled now again I am charged for that and Buyers edge which offers a gift certificate to purchase from them products. I went to see the site and have never seen such garbage in all my life so I immediately canceled everything. Still being charged though. A total scam.

Va

More United Marketing Group Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Kr
      6th of Apr, 2007

United Marketing Group totally ripped me off too, except I have never signed an agreement nor taken advantage of even teh slightest free item, service, or free trial. I asked for proof and they couldn't give it to me, they said they would credit the charges - we'll see.

The worst part is that the credit card companies work wi5th them - how else would they get my credit card #??

• Bo
      14th of Jul, 2009

My involvement with UMG offerings was a result of making an order on CHEFSCATALOG.COM. I noticed an offer for saving on future CHEFSCATALOG.COM orders and figured why not. It wasn't until after I had signed up for "Perfect Home" and "Simply Mine" that the savings were an enticement to sign up for the UMG programs and were not just an enticement to return to CHEFSCATALOG.COM. (Probably the only reason I realized what I had done was that I was printing what I thought to be CHEFSCATALOG.COM savings coupons as PDF files for future reference.) It was too late to cancel the on-line transaction so I decided to wait until I got the membership packets and cancel as soon as they came. I cancelled today and it remains to be seen whether this will prevent charges to my account. The agent said nothing about returning the membership cards but I didn't ask - it remains to be seen if they use this as an excuse to make charges to my account.

I consider myself pretty computer literate and am usually pretty wary of offers, so I think this approach is pretty sophisticated. This seems to me to be a classic "false flag" operation. If they could hook me this way, they can hook just about anybody.

I saw another post that said that their mailers with membership material look like junk mail and I have to admit that they do; if I hadn't caught the come-on right when I was making the initial transactions, I might well have just discarded the membership materials as junk mail.