United Legal Investigation Bureau / Harassing Calls

1 MD, United States Review updated:

Shawn/Sean called me from [protected] ext 1048, United Legal Investigation Bureau. I looked up the "company" and found that this is a SCAM, so now I am reporting it. The call came in to my work voice mail and he asked for a name similiar to mine, but not mine exactly. Before I called back, I did a little research, which is why I am posting today.

Ro

More United Legal Investigation Bureau Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      21st of Nov, 2008

They called me again today. I called the police this time. I told them I was going to the police and they said I was a fraud.. ha ha... The police said I should probably call the FBI about this. I recommend you do so too. It would be nice to get a lawsuit against these idiots.

• El
      5th of Feb, 2009

well i am calling the fbi because i have just been called by them and they said that i had a fraud charge. But i don't remember doing anything like this. they were asking for $1486.09. my lawyer is having a field day with this.

• Ba
      19th of Jul, 2010

I have been getting calls from people thick Indian accents claiming that I owe for a patday loan which I never got. The calls have been going on now for more than a year. The people have even called my job.

• Lo
      9th of Jun, 2011

What is very scary to me is that a lot of these comments are from over a year ago and these people are STILL out there doing this. I got the SAME call today, and also about 3 months ago from these people. "Officer Shane Williams" called and left a voicemail regarding a "very serious legal matter regarding my SSN" I already knew this was a scam, so I called back to get as much information as possible. They told me my account/case number and said there were 3 serious legal criminal actions that would be taken against me. 1) Bank Fraud, 2) Collateral Check Fraud, and 3) Criminal theft. According to him I got an internet cash loan and never repaid it. This is all false. The way these fools actually get your information is if you have ever entered your information to GET a cash loan. That is how they know absolutely everything about you. Sad to say, yes at one time I did fill out the form on the internet, but did not actually accept any funds. So this company buys a list of people that have applied and then use these scare tactics to try to get money out of them. There is SO much illegal about how they operate I could never detail it all. They are representing themselves as officers of the law or court - They are NOT. They are trying to collect on fraudulent debt using harassment and scare tactics. Unfortunately, the reason they all have such thick indian accents is because they are calling from india, and it is hard to shut down an international call center where they do not recognize and enforce the same collection laws that we do. If you get this call, laugh at the person like I did and tell them to bring it on, you would love to see some PROOF, delivered via proper legal channels and you will be happy to meet them in court any day. Not being scared confuses them... they will usually stop calling after that.

12th of Oct, 2014

I have been getting these calls as well, One saying I owe 500.00 dollar, and they have my file, they are using extreme extortion and say if I don't pay it., They will download this file They are doing this on the internet and saying they will download their filed to their court house, where they have lawyers. One called me once with an Indian accent, saying I haven't responded and If and saying United Legal investigation Bureau has stated 4 serious Allegations Against Me. For you Are
    Violation of Federal Banking Regulation,
    Collateral Check Fraud
    Theft By Deception
    And The Biggest One Is E.F.T That is Electronic Fund transfer
    I want to pay because I am scared I will get arrested. I don't know what to do, This George Smith Says I owe 500.00. I think I will go to the FBI. or something.

12th of Oct, 2014

Another one, was a Jessica Andrews saying to get back to them or they will take legal action.