United Financial Systems / THIEVES

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I started with this company to help my credit but it has flushed it down the toilet, practically. They've continued to draft 6 payments from my account without paying a dime to my creditors. So on top of the money they would draft I had to try to make minimum payments to my creditors. Trying to get in touch with someone from UFS with some explination is the biggest joke and waste of time. Every Friday at least a few hours on the phone, a few emails and letters with absolutely no response. They've stolen $2, 600 and made a wreck of my credit. Sounds like I'm not their 1st victim, but I'd like to be the last. Love to go after their ### in court...anyone in?

Comments

• Ct
      12th of Nov, 2010

The same has happened to me. The last time any of my creditors were paid was the beginning of August 2010 (which were made with the July debit from my checking account). UFS debited $649 from my account in August, September and October and made no payments to my creditors with that money. Now my creditors are hounding me, some of which I have paid (extra, in addition to the $1947 that UFS has taken from me that should have been used to make these payments that are now 90 days late). I have called, emailed, faxed and mailed UFS but NO RESPONSES. It is impossible to get through their automated phone system. I am convinced they have closed their offices and ran away with my money and the money of their other clients. I have reported this to the Better Business Bureau (there are 87 other reports from other clients since September 2010). I called my bank to put an ACH block so UFS cannot make any more debits from my account. The bank is also investigating the incident and if it is fraud they will attempt to reclaim the $1947 that is owed me. I am hopefull all of this will work out, but now I have to deal with my creditors and this huge mess. EFF YOU UNITED FINANCIAL SYSTEMS! How dare you pray on those in need.

• Da
      19th of Nov, 2010

The same thing has happened to me and my husband. The last payment they made was in September of 2010 but yet they already took the payment for October 419.00 and November 419.00 out of my account. I have called nonstop since 11/03/2010 and have not been able to get in touch with anyone. I have sent several emails yet still no response. This company is worthless and all they are doing it taking our money and messing up our credit score even more. I have submitted a report to the Better Business Bureau but have not received a response in how they can help us! I'm tried of being robbed thinking i was going to help my credit!

23rd of Nov, 2010

Can anybody help me get my money back, has ANYONR been successful getting their money back once United Financial takes it?

-janice from Philadelphia

• Jp
      23rd of Nov, 2010

I am in the same situation. They have taken at least 6 months of payments that they haven't made a single payment from. I am now getting calls from all the creditors and have to figure out how to pay them, and my credit score is going down the drain. Of course no matter how much time you spend trying to contact UFS, you won't talk to anyone. No luck in getting even an email back. I also reported it to the BBB but have heard nothing back yet. They have about 300 reports now to look into for UFS.

• Mi
      23rd of Nov, 2010

Has anyone tried contacting the State Attorney General about this company? There has GOT to be a way to recover the money we have all lost! I'm clear up here in Washington State (yep I was REALLY stupid) but I thought they would ACTUALLY help me. Instead I'm like the rest of you, they've taken my deposits and not paid a dime for the last 3 months. Credit score is in the gutter, out the money... sad thing is that there is virtually nothing I can do from the other side of the nation. I've given up after a weeks worth of calling 10 to 15 times a day. I feel so bad for all the people that believed in these ****ing ###s. My final question is, are these people STILL soliciting business from people?? And if so... who is going to STOP them?? Get out while you can, put a stop payment on the auto-withdrawal like I have and try to settle up with your creditors!! Mine have worked with me after I explained the situation. If there is such a thing as karma... I hope these swindlers get theirs sevenfold.

• Go
      29th of Nov, 2010

I am in the same boat, Last payment made was Aug 27, from my July payment and no money sent to the creditors, any advice and what we should all be doing to get this money back. I am in $4000 more debt that I was before because of these thieves...

• Du
      2nd of Dec, 2010

I suggest that everyone contact the manager, Jamie Lyons. I am having the same problems with UFS and I call daily. Her direct line is 800-510-8765, ext. 312. Also here is an email account to use: [protected]@unitedfinancial.org

I am going after them with everything I have got -- which financially is nothing (thanks to them). They are CROOKS!

• Ca
      6th of Dec, 2010

Apparently I am one of the "fortunate" ones. My contract with UFS was completed in Oct. 2010 after 5 years of struggles. Things changed for the worse with them in 2008, payments would be debited but not post at my credit card company. There is a middleman (Banko or Vanko) involved that UFS sends payments to for transfer to the credit card companies. These intermediaries are the truly shady ones - they'll find out what your due date is, then hold onto your $ as long as possible to collect interest on it... It's a crock. UFS does (or did) make monthly payments per the contract, they do NOT hold all your payments.

I wish I could tell you it will all turn out. My debt is ZERO finally, but I have not received my "Cash Back Award" after being assured that it would be Fed Exed to me (over a month ago)... Now NO responses to emails or phone calls. I think they've made a run for it. Unfortunately, they are located in FL which means they are untouchable. FL protects businesses of this sort. Good luck getting anything out of them short of a Class Action Lawsuit.

• Bs
      9th of Dec, 2010

I have lost 6 months worth of payments as well and contacted the BBB ending with no resolution and my case being closed. The only correspondance that I've received after multiple phone messages left and email sent was a letter from UFS stating that they have transferred the remainder of my term to another debt consolidation company (even though I stopped my last payment to them already!!) That was it, no addressing their theft of my $1, 128!!
    PLEASE READ: WHAT WE ALL NEED TO DO IS FILE AN ONLINE COMPLAINT WITH FLORIDA'S GENERAL ATTORNEY'S OFFICE. This is very simple- just google "Florida Attorney General" and look on the first link that shows on the page. You should see a link for COMPLAINTS. Click on that and follow the instructions. You don't need to fax or email anything to them at this point. They WILL ONLY INVESTIGATE COMPANIES IF THEY RECEIVE MULTIPLE COMPLAINTS FROM PEOPLE FOR THAT PARTICULAR COMPANY. I already received a response, which is something??? ****PLEASE, ALL OF YOU- DO THIS NOW!!!... We can at least say that we tried everything then, am I right????

• Bo
      12th of Dec, 2010

I also dealt with UFS and after payments stopped going to my creditors, for the months of May, June, July and August, I finally got results in Steptember where all payments were caught up. Since, September to now December 10th no payments have been paid to my creditors. I was now contacted by a new financial institution and I hope all this is going to be resolved, since I am down to my last few payments. I also am out $2619.00 if they don't pay the creditors. In the meantime I have made several payments in hopes of not ruining my credit, since the late payments were reports to the credit bureaus. I hope all this is resolved soon, since I am so close to being out of debt. I also signed an agreement that after finishing the last payment, I would receive a reimbursement. I don't know how many of you dealts with a Ramey Draves but she's a thief and liar as well.

• Eh
      17th of Dec, 2010

YES, UFS is in breach of contract. They promised to take a withdrawal and pay it to my creditors within 7-10 business days. The last payment they made was 9/7/10, they proceeded to take two more payments for a total of $1288 and did not pay it out. I have worked everything out with my creditors and am now on individual payment plans with them, but I WANT MY $1288 BACK! I filed a complaint with the BBB and the Florida Attorney General's office. The AG sent me a response saying there was nothing they could do! What is our next step? These people are the worst kind of ### and I want to see justice!

• La
      31st of Dec, 2010

I am in the same situation.I filed a complaint with the Florida AG's office. If each of you takes the same step, there may be an investigation. Please google the site and file a complaint!!!

• Di
      2nd of Feb, 2011

@TheLoveFist II,
    Sounds like you work for these shysters. You'll never take "yes, I have a signed contract" as an answer. The only entity in violation of any and all agreements, written or otherwise, is this fraudulent company.