UMG* My Adv / UMG*BuyEdg / Charge credit card without permission!

I received a phone call from these marketing people, they offer a gas card- free for $50.00. It was real foggy, then they zap your charge card each month; $19.95 until it takes 3-4 months to get straight. I do not know who "sold" them my charge card # but they acquired the last 4 digits. They called about a week later to verify my order by confirming my address, I refused to give it to them and the saleswoman hung up on me, yet I have received 2 monthly charges. My credit card said they can't do anything about this...??? We need to guard ourselves with our last 4 digits!!! Here are the phone numbers [protected]. Watch out for this company!

A  3rd of Jan, 2007 by
I've been trying to reach this f*****g merchant but no one's picking up. while doing so, i tried to look up the company (since I'm totally not familiar with the name) and chanced upon this site/your complaint.

So i guess I'm not alone.

Now I'm waiting for a call back from my credit card company so i can complain and block this merchant, and hopefully get all the fraudulent charges back to my account.

Want to know how others handled this also.
A  5th of Jan, 2007 by
I agree with "mao." And I also chanced upon this site trying to search about this company that suddenly knows my credit card number.

I just took a look at my credit card bill and see two charges of $1 each from this company, with phone numbers given as 888-6731304

I also complained to my credit card company, and instructed them to block whoever these guys are.

My concern is: How did they get my credit card number?
A  12th of Jan, 2007 by
Same thing happened to me. Had the two charges for a dollar appear. Then the monthly fees started appearing. I told these people no at least 6 times on the phone until they got really rude with me and I had to hang up. I never agreed to anything yet they still ran charges through. The phone number on my bill was out of service but the one above worked and they did agree to refund all the charges. Hope it happens.
A  13th of Jan, 2007 by
This company called me again after charging 2- $1.00 and 2- $19.95 charges to my credit card. They are going by a different name now and the caller ID shows the phone number as 000-000-0000. When I asked if this was the UMG My Adv Company she said no and hung up. I have a Chase Card and I'm wondering if my Credit Card Company didn't share my information with this sleazy marketing company. The Federal Trade Commission needs to close down this racket and put these people in jail. I will cancel my card if they continue to harass me.
N  17th of Jan, 2007 by
I got another couple of $1 charges. :( This in spite of my telling Citibank that I did not authorize the first charges.
A  18th of Jan, 2007 by
I also have been charged by this company. It appears they "test" your scrutiny of your statements with a couple of $1.00 charges. Upon success of that, they begin to charge $19.95 monthly... two charges - one from each! I have a call into my bank and am contacting the FBI to report this fraudulent company.
N  18th of Jan, 2007 by
As a follow-up, Citibank has dealt with the questioned transactions and the company refunded their charges without my having to contact that company directly. In fact, what I thought was another couple of charges in my previous post was actually the refund from the company.

My thanks to Citibank for their service.
A  24th of Jan, 2007 by
This happened to me, too! (Just the one dollar charges so far.) I called the (888) number and it just rang and rang, no one picked up. So I searched and found this site... then called my credit card company (Chase). The lady at the credit card company said it looked like this merchant is a magazine sales company. .... shady ... shady, shady. The credit card company reversed the charges for me.
A  1st of Mar, 2007 by
I also have been charged 2 dollars on my credit card, going to check into this further, and see what can be done. They offer magazines, that you don't want, and i never got the gas card, they said they would send.

I know this goes on, and hate myself for getting involved. Never again. This needs to stop!
A  13th of Mar, 2007 by
I really appreciate you posting this complaint. My credit card was charged twice with $1 as well. I'm such a stickler as far as my banking balance goes. When I googled UMG* My Adv / UMG*BuyEdg to figure it all out, this site popped up. I called the number you mentioned a few seconds ago, and they told me I was registered for two accounts. Now everything is cleared up! You're a life saver.
A  21st of May, 2007 by
Hi, I just notice this scam company has been taking $19.95 twice a month out of my account without my permission, and I never gave them my credit card number I have no idea how they got it. I went to my bank and they gave me a statement that shows May of 2005 they started taking the money out of my account. I called the UMG*BUYERSEDGE/ UMG*MY ADV scam company, after having a hard time with them, they said they are going to send me back $78.20. I didn't argee with this so I asked for the manager finally they let me talk with him, and he tried telling me a bunch of BS, I yelled at him he hung up, then I called again a sales lady answered she asked for my credit card number, I said, "You already have it" and she said, "oh that's right it's here" I told her I was going to call the FBI on them if they don't give me my$798.00 back into my account that they stoled from me, then she turns around saying that there will be $239.00 in my account by tomorrow. So, I am going to call my bank tomorrow to confirm this.

The lady at my bank thanked me for printing out all the complaints on this scam company, I had to use it for proof that I was being scammed. And she is going to look into seen if she or anyone in the bank can track down this company.

I just wanted to say, looking on my bank statements with the phone numbers to UMG (United Marketing Groups) there are 3 different phone numbers 888 326 7156, 888 873 1669 and the last one is 888 673 1306

I also called the FBI agent today so I'm waiting for them to call me tomorrow. This S-O-Bing company has robbed alot out of me and I'm going to get my money back, you can bet on that! I'm not quiting until the whole amount is put back in my account.
A  21st of May, 2007 by
This company has been billing me for 5 months and my credit card co. refuses to do anything about it. I am also calling the FBI.
N  30th of May, 2007 by
I noticed two $1.00 charges on my credit card statement and immediately went into search mode. Another company to look out for is SAVINGSMART. Apparently, they will call you asking to send you gas coupons for you to keep if you would only review some service they have. The kicker is they stress the one dollar charge but not the 19.95 additional every month after that. Say no, be stern and hang up!!!
A  12th of Jul, 2007 by
I also was contacted by a company, saying I had a $50 Wal-mart card. I just checked my bank statement, 4.95 was deducted. Right below it was 2-$1 deductions from this UMG-BuyEDG & UGM-MY ADV, $ for ea. co. These companies have to be working together! I know that the man i spoke with about the Walmart card said to push any 4-digits, not to put in my real digits to my account, That is what I did, he also stated when he offered a phone card deal, not to activate and there would be no charges, because he did not believe in this co. When the information came in the mail I tore it up. Told me also that there would be no charges from them, just to enjoy the Wal-Mart card, have not seen any card. When I called the company that charged me 4.95 for the 14 day trial period/phone card, to charge you 39.95 a month for there services. She canceled the membership, that I never joined, told me that she would credit back the 39.95 already debited from my account. I ask her how she received my account #, she said from a number of data bases.

That sell your info, every time you swipe your card. I am call the FBI, I wish I had the company name and phone # of the one that started this snowball rolling. I will be contacting my bank to let them know this has not been authorized. Jackie the lady I spoke with WAS at the "SURE TOUCH/DIGITAL TOUCH" COMPANY. I told her to let her company know that they would be getting some free advertisement, then I GOOGLED them and found these complaints. Thanks, a lot! There is another one I got stiffed $20, I will try and find out if I can get that info out, I had told them that it was a scam. Charge you for something that was offered when I ordered a book, never received info to look over, but was still charged $20. Scam artists are every where, I am turning all of them into the FBI. I will never accept anything else, via telephone or anything else.
A  22nd of Jul, 2007 by
These ### took me for $359.10 before I noticed (I don't do my own books) and when I DID notice, I called raising hell with the poor sucker that answered the phone. After talking (more yelling than talking) with him he put me through to his supervisor. She proceeded to tell me, after I called her company a bunch of scamming creeps and told her she needs to find a job with a legitimate company, that she would refund 12 of the 18 charges to my account (which I never gave them permission to get into, or any numbers to access my account with... they said they got my account number from a company called Epiphany-never heard of them either!) and I said I would NOT settle for anything less than a FULL refund and a cancellation of their (and I use this term VERY loosely) "services", and to take me off whatever calling list I was supposedly on. She reluctantly agreed to do so.

I'm calling my bank tomorrow to see if they can block any more charges from this bogus bunch of ###, just in case. If, when my statement comes in, I have not been refunded, I too will contact the FBI and do my damnedest to get this shady bunch of fools shut down for good.

THEY ARE NOTHING BUT CROOKS!!! THIEVES ! ! And I told 'em that, too!

I'm not an a**hole by nature, but when you mess with my very-hard-earned money, I become one VERY quickly.
A  23rd of Jul, 2007 by
I had this company also. I actually originally agreed to their "services" which had gas coupons with a ridiculous number of stipulations.

I noticed the charges the first month.

After being on hold for 15 minutes, I talked to a girl and said "I have an account with your company I would like to immediately cancel your services."

She then issued a $41 credit to my account.

It's important that if any company contacts you with these "services" that you stay on top of it and also check your billing statement each month. I'll be honest, I don't keep track of every little detail on my credit cards, but every 3-4 months I'll just stop using one, and if I see any odd charges I deal with it.

Some people have been legitimately ripped off by this company. Other people just weren't happy with their "service" and just forgot about them, since the company doesn't actually do anything. I'm amazed that I actually got a $41 refund without asking.
A  29th of Jul, 2007 by
I am fuming. I just checked our bank account and we got hit for 2 charges of $19.95. My husband and I were wracking our brains trying to figure out where these charges had come from and if we had used our bank cards . We are trying very hard to buy a home and are counting every cent. This company overdrew our bank account and you can bet they will be hearing from us in the morning. We have NO IDEA HOW THEY EVEN GOT A HOLD OF OUR BANKCARD NUMBER. We don't know anything about this company or their so called services. But I also got weird phone call last week about some sweepstakes and we gave NO INFO OUT and Hung up on the telemarketers. I agree that this company should be put out of business as well.
A  17th of Aug, 2007 by
I started getting calls from this company offering me free* gas coupons. They told me they were a partner with my bank and asked for me by name and gave me my address. I explained to them that I had moved from that address (moved from California to Florida) and they told me that the offer wasn't valid where I lived now. A couple months later I get the same call which I interrupted the opening spiel since I was on my way out the door. The third time they called I asked them why they still had my old address since I had already updated my address with the bank, they told me that they didn't work "for" the bank but were a "partner" of theirs or some such nonsense. I finally agreed to take the service after I was assured that the program was available nation wide. We verified my NEW address 3 times and I made sure to get all the info I would need to cancel if I needed to. The $1 charges didn't show up until a month later, 6 weeks after that I'm slammed with two charges for $19.95 and guess what, I never did get those coupons... I'm betting they sent them to my old address, which just so happens to be 3,000 miles from my current address.
A  11th of Sep, 2007 by
Yep, they called me too. Wonder why they haven't been shut down yet. I got the 2 $1.00 charges and started searching. Sure enough, I found this just like the rest of you. I called them, got a hold of them without a problem, and told them I wanted to cancel my membership. I asked what the function of their company was because I didn't realize the scope of the scam; I didn't read the other comments. They said it was for people to get discounts on products and other stuff, I don't remember. They agreed to cancel the account. I am very much wondering as well how they managed to get my credit card number, that's scary.
A  24th of Sep, 2007 by
Get a load of this!!!! Last month on the 6th of August my daughter and son-in-law were trying to get some information on homes in there area that were repossessed, they found a web-site that for $1 they would send you on a 30 day trial period a catalog with all the homes in your area. They where having problems at the time with a creditor, who got ahold of there checking account number and took out $800 from there account unauthorized, so they asked to use my debit card to pay the $1. So I agreed. I gave Brian my son-in-law the credit card number, but because it wasn't me they said they wouldn't do it. So my daughter called and pretended to be me. After that they not only took out the $1, they took out $1.80, then $39.80, the $49.95, all these charges they took out twice, because not only did my daughter call and pretented to be me, but when my son-in-law called they went ahead and charged us for him, as if he was actually accepted, and so I was charged on my account $185.10 all together, then September they tried to do it again. Now today this company UMG* BuyerEdge tried to take out another $19.80 for something out of my account using my son-in-laws name AGAIN!!!!!! If he was able to use my card to begin with to get that catalog how in the world did they continue to get into my account using his name!!!!!!!!! Crazy!!!!!!!!!