TvDVDplanet.com / Direct Media / Buyer beware, it's a scam!

Placed orders for ellery queen, the complete series along with the equalizer complete series, i ordered them on Nov 30 2006 as gifts to my parents, i finally did receive the equalizers 4 volumes but vol 1, the jacket which holds the dvd's was broken in several pieces, i tried calling customer service [protected] like the web page says to do and it is always temporarily out of service,i sent many many emails to them with not one reply,and i still never received the Ellery queen series, but they did take my money... $302.96 i wrote to them (direct media) and as of yet have heard nothing. BUYER BEWARE!

UPDATE... also found out that they are on the web under another name: dvdavenue.tv this site is the same people and the same phone numbers that are always temporarily out of order... BEWARE!

A  9th of Jan, 2007 by
I have ordered at TVDVDPLANET and received the very next day an email telling me my order has been shipped. Also y have received a tracking number (Canada post). The detail is that the tracking number is not value and the order has not been shipped. The people from TVDVDPLANET are ignoring the question regarding tracking number and shipping status. Only 2 of around 25 mails have been answered, telling the shipment will arrive soon...

Unfortunately I did not inform myself about this "Company". the are many bad recommendations at the web and the problems are same in many cases. Be aware and lock for better and safer option.

Mike Neubert
A  11th of Jan, 2007 by
My son ordered the full series of the TV show 'Beauty and the Beast" on 12/18 and received a couple E-mails stating it was shipped on 12/19 but I've not received anything yet. I've sent several E-mails and left many voice mails and have gotten no replies. After I've now read many complaints on the internet and I can't believe this company can be allowed to advertise. Of course the day after my son placed the order, they took the money out of his account. Luckily only $80 but that nothing to sneeze at. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and said they don't have any records of complaints. How can this be? They are sending me a form to lodge a complaint but I'm sure we won't see any money. What a bunch of thieves!!!
A  12th of Jan, 2007 by
I ordered a set of dvds for my uncle for Christmas from tvdvdplanet.com. When i received the dvds some 15 days later in the mail they were in a yellow envelope and it looked like they were run over by a truck. I reluctantly gave them to my uncle for Christmas anyway. I didn't have anything else to give him. When he viewed them the pictures were very pixelated. You can tell this is a pirated underground illegal company robbing people blind. Then I talked to my aunt and she was telling me of some bad dvds she ordered and guess what they were from the same site. These people need to be caught.
A  13th of Jan, 2007 by
I have had the same problem I ordered BJ AND THE BEAR set they sent me an email that the order has been sent and the package has been accepted at the post office in BROSSARD, QC that was 1-6-2007 and we have not herd of any thing yet.
N  16th of Jan, 2007 by
I investigated the TVDVDPlant site before ordering and was stopped in my tracks by complaints, but I have one other thing of concern. As I was initiating the check-out process I observed a notice come across the screen saying that my IP address was being recorded by that site. Should I be concerned ( I have never noticed this on any other site) and does anyone know what value it would be to them. I am concerned that the scam does not just end with the merchandise.
A  17th of Jan, 2007 by
I ordered a DVD set, Here's Lucy, with the promise it would arrive 2-4 weeks. I took about 2 months, after continuous inquiries about it on their Live Chat. They never sent a confirmation that it was coming. When it arrived (in 6 cases), all 6 cases were cracked and ripped from poor packaging. The quality of the shows are ok, They were taped off the PAX tv network, but some of the episodes are missing.

Anyway, I've been trying to get the cases replaced, I was just talking to someone on live chat and according to her records my dvd set was never shipped. I tried to explain to her, I already received the set, but need replacement cases. I have no idea if she understands. She just says I will receive an e-mail when they send them. I explain I was told this before. I have no way of confirming I will get the cases. Even though its a way of getting some rare tv shows on dvd, I would not recommend dealing with this company. You're taking a big risk.
A  26th of Jan, 2007 by
My husband also ordered from tvdvdplanet. to say the the least, it is ditto for all of the complaints. These people should be put out of business. It is scary that they have his charge card number now. They also have a web site called : www.tvaddicts.tv same exact phone number which never has anyone to talk to. They never returns emails. As a matter of fact the email address they gave on the "printable order" was not even valid. They sure are quick to charge your card though.

I also looked up the company Direct Media in Canada directory, there are about 9 companies with same address but no company named Direct Media. I was told by Dvd Avenue (which tvdvdplanet uses this name on their automated answering services) a video rental business with a real store front according to them, that this company was definitely a fraud and that IF you recvd. anything from them it would be very poorly recorded.
A  27th of Jan, 2007 by
I called the company and spoke to the representative prior to placing my order. the rep assured me the product was A#1. i received the product in about 10 days and was shocked at what was sent to me. it was a copy from television, sometimes showing the television station. the viewing quality is horrible. i was told i would receive a refund and they ended the call without any details. every time i call now i get a message. i guess my # is flagged. i am going to write my credit card company. this company has confirmed my fears about the internet as i will never buy anything else through this medium.
A  29th of Jan, 2007 by
I too have fallen into the same trap and did my research after the fact. My order involved the TV show "The Naked Truth" with Tea Leoni. After receiving my order we popped disc one into the DVD player to discover that most of the episodes didn't play, not to mention that they were recorded off the WE (Womens Entertainment) Network. While looking at the remaining discs within the series, I noticed scratches on many of the discs along with fingerprints smeared on the labels. Of course emails and phoning got me no where.

After doing additional research, this is what I've found. As people have reported previously they operate under multiple sites - DVDAvenue.tv, DVDCraze.tv, TVDVDMania.tv, TVDVDPlanet.com, TVAddicts.tv, TVonDisc.com, www.raredvds.tv.

Tvdvdplanet also trades on Ebay under these names: greyhare68 , *FLASHASH* , shoot.john , huntyoudown. They are being investigated by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. The Better Business Bureau in the US can't do much about it because they are not US based. So you basically have to take your licks because you won't be getting your money back.

There is one way to get back at them, and I’m up for it! If you are interested in taking some money back out of there pockets, do this. Using you Google Search bar, search for any of the following shows; THE WONDER YEARS DVD, TWIN PEAKS DVD, THE NANNY DVD, Mad About You DVD, MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE DVD, THUNDERCATS DVD, Emergency DVD SET. You will receive multiple hits, search out “dvdavenue”, “TVaddicts.tv”, etc. and open up there site. Every time you open their site using any of the above TV Shows, Google charges them an advertising fee. Start clicking and pass the word along!
A  30th of Jan, 2007 by
I ordered the Will and Grace dvd's complete season. I finally got them about a month later. These DVD's are recorded from the tv, clearly can see the NBC logo at the bottom right of the screen. Some of the episodes, their lips don't move with the sound. That's a lot of fun to watch. Ok if your eyes are closed. The other dvd's have never arrived. I have lost nearly $500.00 to this company. Looking for DVD's on Amazon linked me to this site.
A  30th of Jan, 2007 by
I totally agree with everybody who has wrote in on matter, and they are all right about what tvdvdplanet tv series website has been doing. First of all I would like to say that I am in a state of shock that these companies would sell buyers these great old shows and then give you next to nothing. I to sadly fell into the same trap. I recently bought The Jeffersons: The complete series on DVD. And they did answer every e-mail I sent them, but unfortunately I have yet to receive the package. Other Websites are almost the same and the DVD shows are exactly the same, and they need to stop ripping me and other people off. It's wrong.
A  30th of Jan, 2007 by
Check out empiricalfilm.com if it still exists. Sounds like the same company I had problems with in June 2005 or just another variation of it. Took me a while to realize they had no intention of sending my Get Smart dvds and they also took my money as a cash advance which I had a very hard time getting my credit card company to refund. They never answered their phone or emails either.

These places are all rip off sites.
A  13th of Feb, 2007 by
Same as all the other complaints of tvaddicts.com/dvdavenue/whatever else they have aliases under. I suggest reporting piracy:

I plan on reporting this company to them and hope to see some results. Unfortunately if I had known they were pirating videos I would have never purchased these dvds (Scrubs).
A  20th of Feb, 2007 by
My situation is different, I ordered the "wonder woman" complete dvd set for my sister and it arrived on time. But the problem is that the site tvaddicts.com said the set was brand new and sealed. Well it arrived unsealed all 8 dvds were scratched and the plastic case it came in was cracked. I just received it today and only viewed one dvd so far and it appears to be working and is fairly clear, but if I knew that they were worn and used I would have never purchased them. So for me the site is definitely falsely advertising their items which is unfair and should be stopped!!!Now I know why their items are fairly cheap because it's used and costs them basically pennies to make these poor quality dvds!!!
A  23rd of Feb, 2007 by
Well, the truth is. I ordered the series PERFECT STRANGERS. I paid over 100 dollars for this product. I received an email stating that the item had been shipped, and when I tried to track the shipping of the product it was some CCSHIPPINCC like tracking number which is observed. When it arrived around 2 weeks later, it had all the boxes, however, one of the boxes was cracked. When I watched the first episode, it was missing 3 of the 5 plus countless discs that were defective. When I tried to reach this company concerning this product, I received no resolution concerning the problems. Some episodes just didn't work, some just weren't there, and some discs had different shows on it. I feel quite ripped off.
A  24th of Feb, 2007 by
Thanks to the quick acting Canadian mounties im sure we will all get our money back. Just another reason never to visit Canada, and whats up with the whole "a" thing anyway?
A  25th of Feb, 2007 by
I totally agree with this. I have been fortunate in buying dvd's and the one time i decide to use a website that i have never heard of i have been ripped off.

Most of my favorite shows were on there and i decided to treat myself. They arrived quite quickly and i started to watch them. I'd have to say half of them just don't work or freeze. I've sent many an email and trying calling with no effect.

Does anyone know who we can actually contact properly about these people rather than writing a "blog" about it?

I have tried googling and that website about piracy but it asks which state and i am in the UK.

I'm contacting my bank and hoping they will be able to help so fingers crossed!
A  25th of Feb, 2007 by
look up tvaddicts.tv @whois and do an IP search:

IP Address: (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
DMOZ no listings
Y! Directory: see listings
Data as of: 14-Jun-2005

Good luck getting your money back!
A  2nd of Mar, 2007 by
Boy are we suckers! I ordered Two Guys a Girl and Pizza for my daughter, six out of the eight DVDs were unreadable, they were copied from the WE cable channel, after many, many emails and phone calls, they INSIST my refund was sent through to my bank. NOT! Next time, I'll do a bit more research on the company before sending my daughters hard earned money to them!
N  2nd of Mar, 2007 by
I also ordered My Two Dads and Marcus Welby from TVDVDPlanet and DVD Avenue....I did finally get the dvd's but only after about 6 weeks...I had called before ordering to see if they were in stock and was told yes...With My Two Dads, the dvd's were okay but you could see they were copies of shows taped from the tv...With Marcus Welby, it was sold as a complete set but lacked about 40 episodes...I finally reached someone and told them this and they tried to say it had all seven dvd's and was complete and I told them no...They said they would send me another set and if it was not complete they would refund my money...Needless to say, I have not received the second set...It too was taped from TV.