TV DVD ManiaNever received

1 Review updated:

Ordered dvd boxed set on Nov.30th and never received item, it's now Dec.21st. I have sent repeated emails to the company asking if the product was shipped and only until I did a search, did I find out that this is a bogus, bootlegged dvd website. I have contacted my credit company and would NOT even consider buying anything from them.

Ke

Comments

• Kr
      Dec 31, 2008

I just want to ad that I had a similar experience with this company. I actually just got the product (a dvd boxed set of "spenser for hire") which was intended as a christmas gift for my mother today (december 31st 2008) after ordering it the monday after thanksgiving. Like the above, it took 3 emails, one of which including a threat of reporting the company to authorities, to even get a response. Upon getting the item, it is clearly taped off of TV (lifetime logo is visible) and was also shipped from china (I'm keeping the shipping envelope) A little more info that I want to add here is that they (TVDVDmania) dont list a physical address or any form of contact other then their generic "form" on their webpage. Therefore it is impossible to determine where they are actually located. I stronly advise against anyone ordering from this site until/if they cleanup thier act. While we are keeping the item (in part because I cant imagine how much of a pain it would be to try and get our money back) I personally will NEVER use them again until they've proven to get back on track.

Hope this helps,

• We
      Jan 06, 2009

This company TV DVD MANIA is a fraud!!! They say that they have a refund policy and I have been emailing them for an address to return a DVD Set for a refund and they do not respond!! This DVD set looks so unprofessional its pitiful. The dvds actually have stickers hand written that say disk 1, disk 2 etc.. Also the box looks like the label was printed on a home printer and the DVDs were just stacked on top of each other and all fall out when you open the box. I ordered this for a christmas gift and it arrived late and I would have been embarressed to give such a cheap unprofessional looking dvd set to anyone. I WOULD ADVISE NOT ORDERING ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!

• St
      Jan 09, 2009

This place should be ashamed of themselves. I ordered a Box Set of Leave It to Beaver and it said it was brand new ready to ship and neither happened. I ordered the product in late November and just received it TODAY. Crazy. It is in a box that someone printed off their home coputer, they were also stacked up on top of each other with handwritten stickers on them, and ALSO, mine have the TV Land logo on the bottom right hand corner. Mine too was shipped from China. Its crazy. My mom loves watching Leave it to Beaver and I ordered this for a present for her and I am very disappointed that I wasted 100.00 on this. I will not ever order from them again. But like you all, I called and emailed with no response. I did however threaten to turn them in and I received an email stating they shipped my order. But NEVER again. PLease do not order from them, you will be wasting your money.

• Ge

I wish I had seen this first, Shame on me! I sent them $243.00
    I only got 2/3 of the order. They don't respond to e-mail at all.
    The quality is terrible!
    Have to post something negative on google.
    I am out $80

Gene

• Ke
      Jan 09, 2009

I too never recieved my order from this company. I have emailed several times. First response came back that it was shipped and they gave me a shipping number. After contacting the US post office, they informed me that my package never left CHINA (?). Six emails now are not being answered. The BBB informed me that w/o a mailing address for them there is nothing they can do. If anyone has this info (address) I would appriciate it. Thanks. Kelly

• Me
      Jan 10, 2009

Was anyone able to send their "trash DVDs" back? If so, where did you send them and did you successfully get your money back??

• Ti
      Jan 11, 2009
    TV DVD Mania - Poor quality product, not as advertised; no customer support
    Ontario
    Canada

Extremely shoddy packaging. Quality of DVD playback very poor. Episodes missing/duplicated. Contacted within 2 days - no response to refund request as outlined in website.

Jan 13, 2009

Similar experience. Ordered Cosby Show box set as a Christmas gift in EARLY December and it didn't arrive until THIS WEEK. No heads up of delays and the only way to contact them is via email. They never respond to your inquiries.

The product I received is a cheap, bootlegged version of what I expected.

Upon some research, I found this number online and this is the correct phone number for TV DVD Mania - [protected]. The guy is VERY rude and is not ashamed of the scam and theft on his part.

I threatened to file a complaint with the FTC, so the rude man asked for my order number and he said to go to the post office and tell them to return to sender and that I should have my refund in 10 business days. I'm not optimistic at all, but it's worth a try.

• Sc
      Jan 15, 2009

Can't believe my misfortune with this company.
    I ordered a set of dvds and paid $115 for them, to my shock not only are they copies they don't work either.
    They jump all the way through the programme, it is very very very poor quality.
    If I knew this was a copy I would not have bothered.
    And to think I learned of the company from someone who was selling another set of the same DVD on Ebay. I lost the bid and then tried this company that was recommended on his listing.
    BIGGEST SCAM EVER, VERY DISAPPOINTED PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THESE DVDS WITH NO GOOD RESULTS.
    Has anyone had any joy in getting a refund as yet?
    What can be done about this and can this BOGUS one man show be caught.
    My goods was dispatched from China, I thought DVD MANIA was based in American.

• Ne
      Jan 15, 2009

my friend ordered a full collection of "malcolm in the middle" from this place, and wow were they crap! i was soo disappointed, i love that series. she had only watched the first two dvds, and said they were ok, so i borrowed some of them. and heres what i got to watch: 3 discs with the wrong tv show (dont even know what the hell it was), and most of the others were so glitchy that i couldnt even watch them. so we tried them all the next day, and only a tiny handful of the dvds actually worked/ had the right tv show on it. what a disappointment, definently not worth $50!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, THE QUALITY IS NOT WORTH IT!!!

• Ne
      Jan 15, 2009

oh yeah, i forgot to add that she tried emailing them about a refund...she never got an answer!!!

• Mn
      Jan 16, 2009

People, of course TVDVDMANIA IS A SCAM!!! They are clearly selling DVD's in violation of U.S. Copyright law, which you can find here: http://www.copyright.gov/title17/ How could you be so gullible to purchase from them? I didn't do the research, but if you bought DVD's that are protected under U.S. copyright law, you probably committed a federal offense that you could be prosecuted for.

Jan 20, 2009

Ditto all the above problems. I ordered a set of DVDs and they skip and are impossible to watch. I e-mailed TVDVDMANIA and of course...no response. I'm not going to bother mailing them back because now I know they are fraudulent and I don't want to be out any more money. I hope everyone thinking of ordering from them will read these complaints and not do it. It's such a shame that they are still robbing people!

• Ss
      Jan 21, 2009

I ordered the DVD collection of Boston Public from this company and the suck. They skip, i have commercials, and 2 of them don't work, mine had numbers written on them telling me the disk number. I did call the [protected] and i got a lady who was very nice and she said she is from the collection office and she is putting in a request for me to get my money back so in 5-7 bus. days i should have my money and if the company wants the dvds back then they will e-mail me and have me send them back if not she said to keep them. I will never order from them again... Mine was from Japan.

Shannon

• X0
      Jan 22, 2009

I have recently bought the compete series of Are you afraid of the dark. Two weeks after no conformation e-mail I e-mailed TVDVDMANIA they had sent me back a conformation e-mail with my tracking number.
    I had gotten the series today. The first couple episodes are crystal clear than began to skip. The DVD has hand written numbers on them. The cover looks to be printed off just anyone's computer. I am very disappointed in myself & how people can be this low to get money. I had wasted $60 dollars on this ###. I had e-mailed them saying the DvDs were horrible & that I want my money back now.

If I knew this was how it was going to be I would of just spent $30 per season for them.
    Someone needs to put this person in there place quick!

I will never ever buy from them again or tell others to.

• X0
      Jan 22, 2009

They also charged me for an International fee that I had no idea of.
    & the DVDs were shipped from China & it was a weird rude name in a mini van that dropped off the DVDs.

• We
    TV DVD Mania - DVD's not received
    England, Surrey
    United Kingdom

ordered DVD set of all 7 series of malcolm in the middle as a Christmas Present on 02nd Dece 08. never received anything - e-mails not replied to - monies never refunded. Now 21st Jan 09 and discovered this thread!!!

• Ro
      Jan 22, 2009

778 area code is Vancouver BC. You may wish to contact the Phonebusters which are Canadian Law Enforcement specializing in fraud.

www.phonebusters.com
    [protected]

Another possibility is to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a joint effort of the FBI & the National White Collar Center.

www.ic3.gov

Everyone here should also contact the FTC so a national pattern of complaints can be established.

[protected]
    www.ftc.gov

Best of luck.

• Ra
      Jan 22, 2009

Everyone that has gotten scamed by TVDVDMANIA there is a website that you submit your complanit to the government.
    econsumer.gov
    It will not solve our problem or get our money back but if they see all that have been ripped off by TVDVDMANIA maybe they can at least do something so that no one else is.
    Search the internet for anyone that will take a complaint from you and pass it on to others.

• Re
      Jan 23, 2009

Wow. I'm counting my lucky stars after reading everyone's problems with this company. I ordered from them in December (Two Guys and a Girl & Cybil) and received both within 14 days, no international shipping fee or anything like that. The cases are kind of cheesy (like old VHS casette cases) but each DVD has actual show graphics on them and they are in individual holders. While I will admit the quality isn't the best they are all fully watchable and have no skipping or anything. If I had a choice between buying these DVDs from TVDVDMANIA or buying them from AMAZON I would choose AMAZON strictly for the quality and service but some of these shows (like the ones I bought) aren't available on AMAZON (or anywhere else). Before I purchased from TVDVDMANIA I read the fineprint and it clearly stated the quality may not be the best but I decided to buy them anyway because I really wanted to watch these shows again regardless. Anyway, thats my two cents. Will I purchase from these people again? After reading everyone's experiences with this company I will heed your warnings and make no more purchases from this company.

• Ci
      Jan 24, 2009

My brother ordered me the dvd set of the Boris Karloff anthology series, "Thriller", before Xmas. Received it in January. Most of the disks don't play or break up or freeze up. Quality is very poor. From what I've read on the internet, it was copied from a Canadian satellite station broadcast station named, "Scream", which shows its logo in the lower right of the screen.

Brother has tried to contact them with no response which was days ago. These crooks need to be brought on fraud charges & removed from the internet.

• Le
      Jan 27, 2009

I too was taken in to the tune of over $160. No answers to emails until I threatened to contact my credit card company. They then said that they would send a refund which never happened. More emails, no response, until I threatened to report them to the Canadian BBB & the Canadian authorites. I must have hit a nerve because I received a nasty email accusing me of credit card fraud. I replied back denying this & to again remind them that I would report them. I received my refund within 4 days. I also cancelled my credit card so they cannot attempt to recharge me. I hope this helps any one else who has had this experience with this company.

• Au
      Jan 29, 2009
    TV DVD Mania - HORRIBLE DVD QUALITY
    TV DVD Mani
    Chicago
    Illinois

I recently bought a series of DVDs for the television show "Early Edition." I received my DVDs much later than was promised and when I got them, the quality is horrible. The show was literally taped off of the PAX network and burned onto DVDs. The photos shown on the site were NOT what I recieved and the DVDs have horrible quality. They skip, blur, the sound goes up and down on its own, and they will not play on my Xbox or Playstation 2 even though the site said they would. They also play for about 5 minutes on my computers and my DVD player then freeze.

I contacted customer service and have yet to hear back.
    Also, the DVDs came from China...where on the site it told you THAT, I have no idea. I searched all over and it is NOT there.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS HORRIBLE SITE.

• Td
      Jan 29, 2009

I agree 100%, we purchased the Early Edition TV series. It was recorded off TV, the DVD's came in old VCR Tape cases. One case was broken. Out of about 90 episodes so far 8 are essentially not watchable, two won't play, and one is missing because one episode is repeated under a different title. We have only reviewed 11 out of 24 disks so I am sure we will find more.

My biggest complaint is that the episodes are clearly recorded off TV (with commercials sometimes) and therefore not legal.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this company.

• Br
      Jan 30, 2009

Totally agree that DVD MANIA is not providing anything of any value. My boxed set of Judging Amy was a Christmas gift. I ordered in early December and they arrived on 12/18/08. The quality is awful - skip jump - out of sync - out of order - duplicate shows - some disks do not play. They are advertised as excellent audio and video quality however - at best - they appear to be taped using the sloooowwesst speed on a VHS then transferred to disk. I sent a complaint and received an E-MAIL from Randy explaining that these are not the Original Series copies, but a "Collector's Edition" (copied from a Cable TV broadcast). Randy sent E-MAIL saying he had a better source and had his Manager's permission to send an improved copy - I enthusiastically accepted. Next E-MAIL from Randy said - send them back to China - registered USPS. OK - I have $11 in original shipping and Registerd mail to China is approx $30.00 - u get the drift - $40.00 in shipping for a $60.00 product - to end up with nothing - if they ever even would refund my money - what a joke! I sent a copy of all this to my credit card company - hoping for some help.

• Di
      Feb 02, 2009

I also wish I had thought to research TVDVDMANIA. I also had NO idea this company was in China, had I known I would not have ordered anything. I'm out $80.00 Thee DVD's are of a horrible quality, and even have tv commercials. Biggest fraude ever, something should be done!

• Rn

Number: [protected] Search Date: 02/04/2009 Search Time: 10:43 PM
    City: Richmond Province: BC Country: CANADA

• Rn

Number: [protected] Search Date: 02/04/2009 Search Time: 10:43 PM
    City: Richmond Province: BC Country: CANADA

i did research on this site reversephonedetective.com and if you pay 13.95 you can get there address and all there info that you need to file a report

Feb 05, 2009

also was scammed by this company. after weeks of not getting a reply i finally got one offering for me to keep the dvd's and receive half a refund or to return myself (and pay shipping myself) for a full refund. took over a month to get the half refund only after many complaints to "Randy Meyers" apparently he the scam artist who runs tvdvdmania. never order from this company.

• Th
      Feb 06, 2009

I have been waiting since the 28th dec on a box set dvd and it has never arrived and have sent numerous e-mails and no reply.

• Im
      Feb 07, 2009

I got the Wonder Years season and the 1 of the dvds womt play its says does not seport PAL and this was play on my PC and PS3. The dvds also skipped and you can see the logo of the tv channel on it. What I did was refused the package droped it in the mail box and contact my bank for dispute. The only thing I lost was my $1.98 International service fee and my time and cost in gas. I was pissed it came from over seas, I asked my bank can they put a block on my card for ALL OVER SEAS PRURCHES they said they cant do it but it would help stop this out of USA scams.

• Nl
      Feb 09, 2009
    TV DVD Mania - Junk- illegally copied and defective DVDs
    TV DVD Mania
    Portsmouth
    New Hampshire

DO NOT purchase anything from this website. The DVD's I ordered (TV series) came from CHINA and it was copied from American TV. TV channel logo is at the bottom of the screen- hello, copyright laws? The quality was poor- skipping DVDs, some did not play at all. Took 4 wks for the order to arrive (after Christmas) from China and my credit card was charged an international fee without my knowledge. And whatever you do, don't call [protected] (British Columbia, Canada) looking for any customer service- rude does not begin to describe "Franco" who is allegedly the manager. This phone number is also listed for TV Show Monster so appears they have more than 1 website under different names. Now I am stuck having to ship this junk back to China. I have contacted the BBB and my state's attorney general's office dept of consumer protection.

Feb 10, 2009

Obviously bootleg copies. Lousy broken packaging, no episode listings, discs marked with hand-written numbers, poor sound and picture quality, some discs only partially play, some don't play at all. No response to emails for customer service. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

• Wa
      Feb 11, 2009

We ordered the Carol Burnett Show and did not receive the product.

• Ta
      Feb 11, 2009

Once again, I to am going through the same issue. I ordered Growing Pains DVD Box Set at the beginning of January and have yet to receive anything. I have sent numerous e-mails and called the # that people have been posting and got some lady who gave me a tracking # that doesn't even exist. When I called back I was getting the answering machine. I have called my credit card company and when the package arrives I am going to refuse it and dispute with Visa. Has anyone had any luck getting refunds? If so, what did you do to get it?

• He
      Feb 12, 2009

I've been had also!!! Sent $70 for The High Chaparral and not received them. Sent various emails with no reply.
    Wished I'd done more research before I bought from them. I'll double check everything from now on!

• To
      Feb 13, 2009

I am yet another in what appears to be a long line of victims of TVDVDMANIA. Dvd's that came were terrible bootleg copies that
    were just thrown into a shipping box. What a scam...to make matters worse, the credit card used, was comprimised on 2 seperate occasions after the order. NEVER DEAL WITH THESE CRIMINALS!!!

• Br
      Feb 14, 2009

I ordered a Scarecrow and Mrs. King DVD set from TVDVDMANIA and I waited a month to get my order. The DVDs were obviously burned from a bad VHS copy of the show. There were even some commercials in it! I'm sorry I spent my money on it. I wish I had researched this company before ordering. I will never order from this company again and I plan to report them for violating copyrights laws.

• Mi
      Feb 16, 2009

26 days ago by ssjenkins 0 Votes

Shannon

------------------

Just wondering how you made out, and if you recieved your refund?

Feb 17, 2009

Regarding TVDVDMANIA...I ordered the complete series of Mission Impossible. Received dvd's and as stated before were terrible quality. Recorded off TV with TVLand logo on screen. Came from China. They state that these are not copy right violation when indeed they are. Sent emails to web site to get refund with no response. I have a phone number [protected], first name is Holly from Richmond BC Canada. This is who made the charges to my credit card. Send dvd's back to sender REGISTARED MAIL WITH TRACKING NUMBER. Contact your credit card company and report site to customs officials.