TV DVD Mania / Never received

1 OR, United States Review updated:

Ordered dvd boxed set on Nov.30th and never received item, it's now Dec.21st. I have sent repeated emails to the company asking if the product was shipped and only until I did a search, did I find out that this is a bogus, bootlegged dvd website. I have contacted my credit company and would NOT even consider buying anything from them.

Ke

Comments

• Kr
      31st of Dec, 2008

I just want to ad that I had a similar experience with this company. I actually just got the product (a dvd boxed set of "spenser for hire") which was intended as a christmas gift for my mother today (december 31st 2008) after ordering it the monday after thanksgiving. Like the above, it took 3 emails, one of which including a threat of reporting the company to authorities, to even get a response. Upon getting the item, it is clearly taped off of TV (lifetime logo is visible) and was also shipped from china (I'm keeping the shipping envelope) A little more info that I want to add here is that they (TVDVDmania) dont list a physical address or any form of contact other then their generic "form" on their webpage. Therefore it is impossible to determine where they are actually located. I stronly advise against anyone ordering from this site until/if they cleanup thier act. While we are keeping the item (in part because I cant imagine how much of a pain it would be to try and get our money back) I personally will NEVER use them again until they've proven to get back on track.

Hope this helps,

• We
      6th of Jan, 2009

This company TV DVD MANIA is a fraud!!! They say that they have a refund policy and I have been emailing them for an address to return a DVD Set for a refund and they do not respond!! This DVD set looks so unprofessional its pitiful. The dvds actually have stickers hand written that say disk 1, disk 2 etc.. Also the box looks like the label was printed on a home printer and the DVDs were just stacked on top of each other and all fall out when you open the box. I ordered this for a christmas gift and it arrived late and I would have been embarressed to give such a cheap unprofessional looking dvd set to anyone. I WOULD ADVISE NOT ORDERING ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!

• St
      9th of Jan, 2009

This place should be ashamed of themselves. I ordered a Box Set of Leave It to Beaver and it said it was brand new ready to ship and neither happened. I ordered the product in late November and just received it TODAY. Crazy. It is in a box that someone printed off their home coputer, they were also stacked up on top of each other with handwritten stickers on them, and ALSO, mine have the TV Land logo on the bottom right hand corner. Mine too was shipped from China. Its crazy. My mom loves watching Leave it to Beaver and I ordered this for a present for her and I am very disappointed that I wasted 100.00 on this. I will not ever order from them again. But like you all, I called and emailed with no response. I did however threaten to turn them in and I received an email stating they shipped my order. But NEVER again. PLease do not order from them, you will be wasting your money.

• Ge

I wish I had seen this first, Shame on me! I sent them $243.00
    I only got 2/3 of the order. They don't respond to e-mail at all.
    The quality is terrible!
    Have to post something negative on google.
    I am out $80

Gene

• Ke
      9th of Jan, 2009

I too never recieved my order from this company. I have emailed several times. First response came back that it was shipped and they gave me a shipping number. After contacting the US post office, they informed me that my package never left CHINA (?). Six emails now are not being answered. The BBB informed me that w/o a mailing address for them there is nothing they can do. If anyone has this info (address) I would appriciate it. Thanks. Kelly

• Me
      10th of Jan, 2009

Was anyone able to send their "trash DVDs" back? If so, where did you send them and did you successfully get your money back??

• Ti
      11th of Jan, 2009
    TV DVD Mania - Poor quality product, not as advertised; no customer support
    Ontario
    Canada

Extremely shoddy packaging. Quality of DVD playback very poor. Episodes missing/duplicated. Contacted within 2 days - no response to refund request as outlined in website.

13th of Jan, 2009

Similar experience. Ordered Cosby Show box set as a Christmas gift in EARLY December and it didn't arrive until THIS WEEK. No heads up of delays and the only way to contact them is via email. They never respond to your inquiries.

The product I received is a cheap, bootlegged version of what I expected.

Upon some research, I found this number online and this is the correct phone number for TV DVD Mania - 1-778-282-8099. The guy is VERY rude and is not ashamed of the scam and theft on his part.

I threatened to file a complaint with the FTC, so the rude man asked for my order number and he said to go to the post office and tell them to return to sender and that I should have my refund in 10 business days. I'm not optimistic at all, but it's worth a try.

• Sc
      15th of Jan, 2009

Can't believe my misfortune with this company.
    I ordered a set of dvds and paid $115 for them, to my shock not only are they copies they don't work either.
    They jump all the way through the programme, it is very very very poor quality.
    If I knew this was a copy I would not have bothered.
    And to think I learned of the company from someone who was selling another set of the same DVD on Ebay. I lost the bid and then tried this company that was recommended on his listing.
    BIGGEST SCAM EVER, VERY DISAPPOINTED PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THESE DVDS WITH NO GOOD RESULTS.
    Has anyone had any joy in getting a refund as yet?
    What can be done about this and can this BOGUS one man show be caught.
    My goods was dispatched from China, I thought DVD MANIA was based in American.

• Ne
      15th of Jan, 2009

my friend ordered a full collection of "malcolm in the middle" from this place, and wow were they crap! i was soo disappointed, i love that series. she had only watched the first two dvds, and said they were ok, so i borrowed some of them. and heres what i got to watch: 3 discs with the wrong tv show (dont even know what the hell it was), and most of the others were so glitchy that i couldnt even watch them. so we tried them all the next day, and only a tiny handful of the dvds actually worked/ had the right tv show on it. what a disappointment, definently not worth $50!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, THE QUALITY IS NOT WORTH IT!!!

• Ne
      15th of Jan, 2009

oh yeah, i forgot to add that she tried emailing them about a refund...she never got an answer!!!

• Mn
      16th of Jan, 2009

People, of course TVDVDMANIA IS A SCAM!!! They are clearly selling DVD's in violation of U.S. Copyright law, which you can find here: http://www.copyright.gov/title17/ How could you be so gullible to purchase from them? I didn't do the research, but if you bought DVD's that are protected under U.S. copyright law, you probably committed a federal offense that you could be prosecuted for.

20th of Jan, 2009

Ditto all the above problems. I ordered a set of DVDs and they skip and are impossible to watch. I e-mailed TVDVDMANIA and of course...no response. I'm not going to bother mailing them back because now I know they are fraudulent and I don't want to be out any more money. I hope everyone thinking of ordering from them will read these complaints and not do it. It's such a shame that they are still robbing people!

• Ss
      21st of Jan, 2009

I ordered the DVD collection of Boston Public from this company and the suck. They skip, i have commercials, and 2 of them don't work, mine had numbers written on them telling me the disk number. I did call the 1-778-8099 and i got a lady who was very nice and she said she is from the collection office and she is putting in a request for me to get my money back so in 5-7 bus. days i should have my money and if the company wants the dvds back then they will e-mail me and have me send them back if not she said to keep them. I will never order from them again... Mine was from Japan.

Shannon

• X0
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I have recently bought the compete series of Are you afraid of the dark. Two weeks after no conformation e-mail I e-mailed TVDVDMANIA they had sent me back a conformation e-mail with my tracking number.
    I had gotten the series today. The first couple episodes are crystal clear than began to skip. The DVD has hand written numbers on them. The cover looks to be printed off just anyone's computer. I am very disappointed in myself & how people can be this low to get money. I had wasted $60 dollars on this ###. I had e-mailed them saying the DvDs were horrible & that I want my money back now.

If I knew this was how it was going to be I would of just spent $30 per season for them.
    Someone needs to put this person in there place quick!

I will never ever buy from them again or tell others to.

• X0
      22nd of Jan, 2009

They also charged me for an International fee that I had no idea of.
    & the DVDs were shipped from China & it was a weird rude name in a mini van that dropped off the DVDs.

• We
    TV DVD Mania - DVD's not received
    England, Surrey
    United Kingdom

ordered DVD set of all 7 series of malcolm in the middle as a Christmas Present on 02nd Dece 08. never received anything - e-mails not replied to - monies never refunded. Now 21st Jan 09 and discovered this thread!!!

• Ro
      22nd of Jan, 2009

778 area code is Vancouver BC. You may wish to contact the Phonebusters which are Canadian Law Enforcement specializing in fraud.

www.phonebusters.com
    888 495 8501

Another possibility is to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a joint effort of the FBI & the National White Collar Center.

www.ic3.gov

Everyone here should also contact the FTC so a national pattern of complaints can be established.

877 382 4357
    www.ftc.gov

Best of luck.

• Ra
      22nd of Jan, 2009

Everyone that has gotten scamed by TVDVDMANIA there is a website that you submit your complanit to the government.
    econsumer.gov
    It will not solve our problem or get our money back but if they see all that have been ripped off by TVDVDMANIA maybe they can at least do something so that no one else is.
    Search the internet for anyone that will take a complaint from you and pass it on to others.

• Re
      23rd of Jan, 2009

Wow. I'm counting my lucky stars after reading everyone's problems with this company. I ordered from them in December (Two Guys and a Girl & Cybil) and received both within 14 days, no international shipping fee or anything like that. The cases are kind of cheesy (like old VHS casette cases) but each DVD has actual show graphics on them and they are in individual holders. While I will admit the quality isn't the best they are all fully watchable and have no skipping or anything. If I had a choice between buying these DVDs from TVDVDMANIA or buying them from AMAZON I would choose AMAZON strictly for the quality and service but some of these shows (like the ones I bought) aren't available on AMAZON (or anywhere else). Before I purchased from TVDVDMANIA I read the fineprint and it clearly stated the quality may not be the best but I decided to buy them anyway because I really wanted to watch these shows again regardless. Anyway, thats my two cents. Will I purchase from these people again? After reading everyone's experiences with this company I will heed your warnings and make no more purchases from this company.