TruGreen / don't use them

1 402 Valley Avenue NW #110Puyallup, WA, United States Review updated:

I owned a vacant home in Federal Way WA and wished to have one time fertilizing and insect spray before putting house on the market. He assured me that this was fine. I live in California and asked to be billed there providing a billing address.

Upon a subsequent trip to the house, I discovered wet bills for additional work on the front porch (not in an envelope) just thrown on the porch. I made a phone call and received apologies and would change the billing address. I paid for one additional application that had not been requested.

Another trip to WA and another weathered bill had been placed inside the vacant home by a realtor who found it on the door step. I called and they begged me to meet them half way (to save her butt she said)and I said out of principal...NO. No more applications were being paid for out of my pocket. She said okay, she understood.

One month later, I started to get phone calls from Collection Agencies first Action Collection Service than CNS. I called and spoke to the Supervisor at TruGreen, Jennifer, who assured me that she would remove all actions from the collection agency. As late as May2007, I once again received a collection call, this time I put my demands in writing.

I do not recommend this company for ANY work. They are disreputable in that they would take advantage of a collection agency for service not requested!

Va

Comments

• Bo
      30th of Aug, 2008

trugreen is an absolute ripoff! I called them and and told them they were killing my lawn. They came out to look and explained...Ready for this... My lawn was being killed from lawnmower wheels!!! Do they think IM an idiot?? Today they came to aerate and "fix"my lawn. They were here and gon in 15 minutes. I had it "professionally aerated 2 years ago and it took an hour and you could see the plugs all over the lawn when finished. Today, I had to look around to try and find a plug. Plus they charged $130 to spread some seed that I couldnt even find!!! I could buy a bag of seed for $25.oo!!! I cant believe these crooks get away with this. STAY AWAY FROM TRUGREEN

• La
      6th of Feb, 2009

Trugreen is around the whole country and does well. They have invested time and money to hire only the best and I know because I work for them in Florida. I have seen the good and bad but as a trugreen worker I know we value our customers. There has been mistakes but that is with every lawn care service. If you want to complain then dont be posting here let corporate know. Im sure that they will defiently take you seriously and see what can be done to assure your satisfied.