Travelodge / broken plumbing

1 2605 Cliffe Ave., Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada

The Room:
The toilet in my room didn't flush from the very first use, I had to fill up the Recycling bin with water and dump it in to flush even toilet paper. Within half an hour of checking in (4pm) I walked down and notified the desk and they said they'd be on it right away. After four hours of waiting I called. This time they said someone would be up within ten minutes. After 30 they called again and said they were too busy to deal with it, give them another fifteen. Another hour and I get told that again. By 11pm I phone and say I'm done waiting and am just going to sleep. The desk says someone could be up in just 15 minutes if I stay up. I refused. At check out the same front desk guy (who I think is the owner) said "oh sorry, you can't imagine how hard this job is" and that was it. Considering I've worked the desk at a hotel with a 4.5 star rating, I know the job. He's just bad at it.

The customer service and broken toilet made the thin walls, loud plumbing (it drowns out the tv if the room next door showers), dirty towels and extremely slow wifi just more unbearable. Never again.

The Company:
When I contacted Wyndham Hotels and Resorts with a complaint regarding this experience, they asked the basic questions regarding my booking number and such which seemed good, until it came to actual response. First, their email said Please look forward to hearing from the property management team on or before 12-28-18, which was understandable; I get giving it a week. But then the 28th came and went. No email. On the 30th I get an email in which they spell my name wrong and say that to make up for non functioning plumbing, they would like to put 3000 Wyndham points onto a Wyndham Membership so I can use it next time. Considering every time I had to use the washroom I had to leave the hotel in the rain and go to the mall across the street because there were no washrooms available to guests other than their room and the plumbing in mine was not working, I don't ever want to go back to one again. I could've had a similar experience sleeping in my car. At least then I could've parked close to the mall and not had to walk out in the pouring rain.

Dl