Toyota of Huntington / Shady business practices

1 1030 East Jericho TurnpikeHuntington Station, NY, United States Review updated:

On Jan 27 we asked for the price of a 2008 Toyota with our 2002 Toyota as a tradein. We were very clear with the salesman that we wanted their bottom line as were going to other dealerships to obtain prices. A price was given and after shopping , we decided to purchase the car at the Huntington dealership as their price was the lowest. Plans were made with the salesman for us to return to the dealership on Jan 28 to purchase the car. We arrived with cash and checkbook in hand to seal the deal -- however, when we arrived and after wasting an additional two and a half hours of our time test driving and listening to useless rhetoric, they refused to commit to their original price; asking for $2000 more! This practice may not be illegal but it is certainly unscrupulous. It was particularly aggravating as we made it perfectly clear on our initial visit that we did not want to play the game and we wanted their lowest price. Businesses which engage in these shady practices should be held accountable!!!

Va

Comments

Ha
  3rd of Aug, 2009

I got scammed by them too. Was looking to use Clunkers program and was looking for Toyota Camry, I deposited my title for clunker car but haven't made any deal about purchasing new car. They first refused to give my title back to me when I decided to buy my car elsewhere and then I found out they put signature and stamp on my title which prevented me from buying a car from another dealership. This is unlawful and they won't get away with this. They basically scammed me to prevent buying car from another dealership. Do not buy from Huntington Toyota, they are dishonest and will try to screw you over on your car. These people deserve to burn in hell.