Top Bridal Dresses / did not receive

1 Dubuque, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 563 588 0459

First of all, it might help if I give you a case number which I received when I first called to complain about this company. The number is [protected]. It concerns an item that I ordered and paid for on March 28th, 2009. I specified delivery for the 1st of May as we needed the dress by the 10th of May. I e mailed the company on May 2nd and inquired where the dress was. To make a long story short, I emailed at least 7 or 8 times, and tried to call three times, with no answer. I finally received a number of emails saying the dress was made in the wrong size, and kept giving me different delivery dates. One email said it was their fault. So, the dress never arrived until after the ceremony. Two days before, I went and bought another dress for my granddaughter. I h ad to choose off the rack, and being the last minute, I had no time to shop around. The dress cost me 139.00. The one I had ordered costs 89.oo. I want a refund on my credit card, and I want the difference I had to pay for the new dress I had to purchase. I think this is only fair, since it was their fault.

I have copies of all their emails and mine, and this is really a fly by night outfit. They do not list their country of origin, and I only found out when the dress came, it came from China. Had I known this to begin with, I never would have ordered it. I asked several times where the company was located, and received no reply.

I hope you can help me with this, as it was a terrible experience for my whole family. This was a big occasion, and we just about did not have a dress for it.

Thank you.

Comments

• Mi
      31st of May, 2009

They are horrible, I had a bad experience with them also. They even sent me emails calling me liar. They charged me over $100 for a veil that was said to be an edward berger veil. They then stated after I complained that it was a replica. The replica looked nothing like the real thing. Its worth about $5 I could have done better with some tulle and a glue gun. The said veil...does not even have a comb on it!!! however they advertise it as the real thing! They are crooks! They will not do anything for me now...they always reply with a rude email in half broken english. I believe they are in china! The veils came EMS which was over seas and I could not read the location. I would dispute the credit card purchase and let them handle it. I disputed with paypal and they reported they cannot do anything about fake merchandise. But the credit card company can go after them...you never got the dress! I reported them to the designer too!!!
    BUYERS BEWARE !!!

• Je
      12th of Jun, 2009

I also was scammed. If only I had of read your comment before I bought my dress. Something needs to be done about these people. They are blatantly lying on their website!

• Je
      18th of Jun, 2009

I have a little complaint fors them also.
    I ordered a wedding dress from them also.
    It should be get the dress in 20 days. But I received it in 25 days. I was be told because the problems with the shipping company.
    But the dress is looks beautiful, the price is very reasonable. Anywhere, I get the rush fee back after I send a complain to them by email.

• Pi
      4th of Jul, 2009

Obviously whoever wrote that last statement is most likely connected with Top Bridal Dresses. I can tell by the bad grammar and the fact that they thought the dress was beautiful. Thankfully my credit card company was wonderful and credited my account, however, I did have pay $45 to ship it back. This is what a bridal boutique wrote on our behalf:

After examining the dress you purchased online, promoted as the Maggie Sottero “Ireland”,

I must agree with you, the dress is not a Maggie Sottero. The only similarity is the Cut, having an empire bodice and flowing Chiffon skirting.

Our store has been an Approved designated Retailer of Maggie Sottero for over 15years. We pride ourselves in offering the top designers in bridal gowns.

After comparing the purchased dress to our store sample gown of the “Ireland” we offer these comparisons:

1. The beading on bodice is very skimpy, having only circles of long clear beads. The original Maggie has full Appliqué crystals and beads approximately Five inches wide in the center and tapers to Two inch designs completely encircling empire bodice front & back.

2. The chiffon bodice has tacked in pleats that visibly show the thread tacks across bosom. The original Maggie pleating is tacked under the Beading and inside top of bodice for a smooth Chiffon soft pleat look.

3. The Original Maggie back enclosure zipper has 25 small satin buttons with thin elastic button loops to conceal zipper.
    The purchased dress has huge buttons and satin loops that do not compare.

I have photos of original and purchased dress on file, I will be glad to send copies if you need them.

• Fl
      18th of Aug, 2009

I requested pictures of Top Bridal Dresses work yesterday and this is what the sent. I wanted to order a Maggie Sottero VD9706 destination wedding dress from them but I have changed my mind. The quality of I did find a store In New York called RK Bridals who orders from the manufactors directly and their prices are great. I did check with the Maggie Sottero location in Colorado regarding RK Bridals and they are ligit.

Please do your research before giving your money to some of these online wedding gown disbributors

• Br
      10th of Sep, 2009

DO NOT ORDER FROM TOP BRIDAL!!!
    I ordered a Maggie Sottero and WHAT A JOKE! I feel like a fool. Thank goodness my bank is logging a complaint and I will get my money back. I can't even read the writting on the package it came in to send it back!!! CHINA!!!

• Km
      16th of Sep, 2009

I wish i had found this site before I ordered a flower dress for my daughter. The color satin is totally off and the return policy is terrible. I couldn't find anywhere on the website that says the dresses are replicas. I would have never ordered it. It is total misrepresentation.

• Ke
      19th of Sep, 2009

I bought a dress from this website, the dress came two days later, but the size fits me well, I think I'm lucky!!!

• Tr
      19th of Sep, 2009

I purchase 5 bidesmaid dresses from topbridaldress.
    They arrived on time and look wonderful.I enjoy working with them .

• La
      8th of Oct, 2009

Triming, I think you mean you enjoy working for them. The whole site is a total scam. Can't the real designers sue and get them off the internet? Probably not. There needs to be internet regulations. The lesson is if you want the real thing be prepared to pay the real price. It may still be made in China, but at least it will have some sort of quality assurance.

14th of Oct, 2009

Top Bridal along with their sister site Buyer100 (which also sells dresses) are ripoff sites. I called both numbers listed and got the same chinese accent answering machine. I find it very convienant that Top Bridal's call center located in Whitewater, WI and Buyer100 which is located in Eugene, OR have the exact same answering machine messages. These sites do not offer online support or phone support because they are scams. They do however like to put out many reviews on themselves that they are great sites, you can tell they are false because they don't know proper English grammer! Sorry to everyone who has been scammed!!

• Mc
      20th of Oct, 2009

well after reading what you all wrote I will not be ordering my dress from there. But weher can I find a reasonable priced dress?

• Lc
      26th of Oct, 2009

Ive had a horrible experience so far. i recieved a replica of the maggie sottero dress i ordered and it looks NOTHING like the picture, i foundout tooo late that the return is 50% they havent been responding to emails. such a magical time is being robbed from me!

• Di
      19th of Nov, 2009

I have a wedding planning website and one of my pages lists good, reliable, online, wedding dress suppliers. You can find this page at http://www.my-wedding-reception-planning.com/wedding-dress-suppliers.html

I also ask all my readers to list wedding dress suppliers that I haven't listed and their experiences with them. I have had some very negative and then some very good comments about Top Bridal Dress. They are exactly like the comments here.

The negative are clearly written by people with good command of the english language, the positive comments written by people with obvious NOT good command of the english language. I was starting to believe that the actual company was starting to "stuff" my comments, then I caught them red-handed. I traced their IP address on a posting where they said they were from New York, but their IP address put them in Beijing, China.

I believe the best way to warn other brides, etc. about this site and company is to post as many of your complaints as possible. I invite all of you who have experienced ordering through this company (except for employees of Top Bridal Dress, don't bother I will trace your IP address and will not post your comment so don't waste your time).

Just go to:

Scroll down the page until you get to the submission form and tell your story (it's good to vent anyway!) If you ordered a dress you can also post a picture of your dissapointment.

• Gi
      26th of Nov, 2009

My sister purchased a dress there, altgough it was not as same as the original one, but it was presentable and the quality was not too bad.
    After reading all your comments, I think she is a lucky dog.

• Ta
      9th of Jan, 2010

Hi this is Tahani;
    now I am worry, becuose I ordered two, dresses from this websit :www.topbridaldresses.com,
    one of them is the bridal gown, and after I read your comment, I have been confusing, and the dresses suppose to arrive after 4 weeks, now I have nothing to do just waiting and will see.

21st of Jan, 2010

My friend bought one wedding dress from them, I saw it on her wedding day, it is very beautiful, she said that's a replica, not the original, and the quality is good, after reading these, I don't think it is too bad.

• Al
      25th of Jan, 2010

Wow, I am really starting to freak out now. I ordered a bridal gown from them, and my wedding is a couple months away, but I am afraid something bad will come out of it. I should've read the comments before ordering. I don't know what to do now...I'm sure they've started to make the dress, but I am worried it won't be a good experience. Should I just wait to see what happens???? Please offer some advice!

• As
      27th of Jan, 2010

Oh no, I ordered a dress from TopBridal last week. I did email them prior to ordering to ask if the dresses are replicas or not and they said yes they are replicas. I went ahead and ordered anyway because the price was so low, I am willing to suck it up if it is not good quality. Hopefully it gets here on time and is worth it. If not, oh well my loss.

Honestly though, I'm not sure why anyone at all would complain that it is a replica and not do your research before you lend out a credit card number. Like are you that naive in today's day and age that you trust a random website and then actually complain after that you got scammed?? Geez people there are tons of scammers out there...do your research or be prepared to get scammed. Instead of wasting your time complaining, spend it wisely and know exactly what you are getting before you spend hard earned money.

Price you pay for negligence. I don't know...seems simple to me.

• Ka
      7th of Feb, 2010

About an hour ago, I was ready to order a dress from Top Bridal Dresses. After reading all the negative stuff, I really do not know what to do now. I am now going to have a very long think!!!