TLC Pet TransportPet Transports

Sa Mar 07, 2016 Crittenden Review updated:

I hired TLC Pet Transports to pick up an injured dog from a shelter in Florida and bring him to Pennsylvania for medical care and a new home. The shelter didn't have the resources to fix the dog's broken leg. I paid TLC Pet Transports Gale Lang hundreds of dollars for this service. She immediately withdrew the cash and then said she couldn't pick him up the following day as promised. I became upset as the dog was facing euthanasia. Gale Lang then said she would send another driver who would pick up the dog at 1pm the next day Instead of in the morning. I updated the shelter accordingly. The following evening close to closing time for the shelter, I called to be sure the dog had been picked up by TLC Pet Transports. I was informed that no one from anywhere had ever picked up the dog. I was distraught. I re-contacted TLC Pet Transports owner, Gale Lang who stated that hadn't made it and would need additional money for overnight expenses and they would get the dog in the morning. I told her I had no more money. In the morning Gale Lang called me again to re-ask for more money at 9:30 Saturday. I told her I didn't have any more money. Gale Lang then texted me saying that she would just return the dog then . I knew she was lying about even having the dog, because on Saturdays the shelter didn't even open till 10 am, yet at 9:30 am she was attempting to extort more money from me for a dog she had never picked up. At 10 am I called the shelter and confirmed that no one from anywhere had ever picked up the dog. I believe the dog was euthanized the following day after his transport fell through. I have contacted PayPal for a refund. Gale Lang had issued a response saying she would like to keep at least a little of my money for herself.

Comments

• Tl
      Aug 12, 2016

Business Response:

Customer, Sandi, contacted us on Thursday evening to pickup a dog on Friday afternoon. I had 2 drivers in the vicinity. The dog was at the Dade Animal Control Shelter. My driver DID show up on time, at 1:00 pm. But the shelter refused to give my driver, Christian, the dog because he was not a Dade County resident. Both my driver and I called and told Sandi that they would not release the dog to Christian. She then told us that some rescue would be "taking over" the dog on Saturday morning and that THEY would be allowed to give the dog over to us. This all took place on Friday at 1:00 pm. My driver and I then had a conversation about him staying until the next day, Saturday, when he could pickup this dog from the rescue at 10:00 am. As this is what Sandi said we would be able to do. I suggested to Sandi that she should pay for my driver, Christian's motel room because he was staying an extra day and night. Contractually, he is not obligated to stay. TLC made an attempt to pickup the dog per the customer's Contract and instructions. BUT, because Christian and I did not want this dog to be put down, he stayed the night anyway and paid his own expenses in hopes that the following morning he could acquire this dog.
    Both Christian and I really had no idea if a rescue organization was actually going to pick this dog up Saturday morning or not. Sandi did not supply us with the correct information the first time. And we figured she was just guessing about the rescue. She did not even have the name of the rescue.
    Then, early Saturday morning I received an email from Pay Pal that Sandi had filed a charge back. A charge back is a request that her money be returned.
    Pay Pal is in the process of reviewing this case.
    Because what she did is called "theft of service". Once she found out on Saturday morning that the dog had already been euthanized, she stopped her credit card payment that was in process. I have decided not to pursue this in court and will not be filing any charges. We requested that $620.40 of $669.00 be refunded to Sandi. And that TLC is entitled to $48.60 for the gas that our driver, Christian, used to go pickup the dog on Friday as per contract.
    We went above and beyond to help this girl rescue this dog.
    Now she is just being malicious and mean spirited and trying to hurt our reputation.
    So much for trying to help someone rescue a dog from the Dade County Animal Control.
    Gale Lang/owner of TLC Pet Transport