Thrive Learning Institute / Not being able to get my Money back

1 Provo, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 816-801-7833

Thrive has done nothing that they have promised. I am so disgusted that I spent over 14 grand with them plus all the fees associated with it like e-bay etc. My web site has never been built and I was told it would be built for me...not true. The only thing they do is have web hosting classes which I could not participate in if I wanted to. I have told them already that you need a mike and a headphones which I do not have.
I have since hired another company to build my web site for me and they have given me a list of dropshippers already...all for 2500. I am sending a letter to the better business of Utah as I feel that is all I can do at this point. The name of my web site is being changed with the new company and they seem to know what they are doing for a much lower price. I only wish I had found out about them before becoming involved with the scamming company known as Thrive.

Comments

• Bl
      7th of Aug, 2009

I am another victim of these mis informing thieves that have taken me for about $8400.00 usd . I am in Canada and I was lucky that the dollar was even at the time. The only good part of the whole scam from these extremely rude and ignorant low lifes. I can't believe that they are still in business.
    I would like to know how to go after these parasites and close them down before more poor desperate hard working people fall into their clutches. I was off work at the time due to a mental illness and very vulnerable to the crap they pitched to me about using OPM (others peoples money). Little did I know it would be our money they were talking about.
    I signed up for a $69.00 Michael Matthews website that was already built per say. That was the beginning of the phone calls from the Summit Group and their sales people. First they made it sound like they were doing me a favour if I qualified for their special program. All they wanted to know was my credit card info.( limit of credit available) That should have been my first clue...but I was severely ill with depression and not thinking properly.

I told Mr. Chad Selmos the next day I wanted to cancel and he was going to charge me $1500.00 for cancelling which was total crap. He said at one time that he needed a note from my Doctor and I said you must be joking pal. He forgot to inform me about any other costs involved...like an accountant fee of another $1395.00 to a guy named Ryan. I was called by a woman named Lynnell telling me this. He also wanted $39.95 mthly. for his services. This Chad guy was nothing but a deceiving (BLANK BLANK) that will get his one day when he stands before his Creator to explain what he was apart of. Him, Mike Wellings, Alex Saavedra and Summit Group. He forgot to mention a hosting fee of $39.95 to Thrive mthy. I have contacted them about my Doctors orders that I will never be well enough to return to work of any kind indefinately. These people don't care about the health of their customers and if a note from my doctor would get my hard earned cash back...they can have it.

If anyone knows where to turn for help I would appreciate it a bunch.

Thank's...Jim

• Ro
      14th of Aug, 2009

Jim
    Go to pages 7-8 at http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/14_8845_7.html. There are other Canadians like you in the same mess. BenThere's posts and coments on this site in addition seems to be the way to go. I can send you info as well that I have been collecting over last 3 months. You can contact me at nothappy111@yahoo.com...Good Luck

• El
      27th of Aug, 2009

I gave Thrive $17, 000.00 a year ago, and I've seen very little return. Finally made two sales this week, and made $20.00 after hiring another firm to help me. I'm paying $500.00 per month on my credit card trying to pay back the money. The stress has been so bad, I became very ill and had to retire on disability. I receive $1, 500.00 per month, from disability so things are very hard.
    Thrive or Strategic Wealth referred me to another company and suggested that in order to make money I should liquidate my IRA account, and invest in property in Nevada. Bad mistake. One of the properties went belly up and the company said they would return $44, 000+ of my money. I called the company three days ago, and I was sent to voice mail. Haven't heard from them since.

Elizabeth Kelly RNHoneyDu@msn.com

• Ro
      29th of Sep, 2009

I started a blog to warn and help others who fell into this scam...go to:

Good luck to all
    RR

• Bl
      4th of Nov, 2009

I would like to agree with all of these stories. They are all similiar about misleading and dishonesty from The Thrive learning Institute/Summit Group/Momentum Marketing.
    When you call them to discuss any issues it only says "Corporate" with no name other than that.

Go to my Blog at disgustedwithscammers.blogspot.com or utahtelemarketersmisleadingus.blogspot.com