Thompson Cigar Company / customer service
After ordering a simple box of cigars I began receiving solicitous phone calls THE VERY SAME NIGHT that I ordered.
The next day, I got 2 more phone calls from them.
The day after; three.
I called in, complained and had my number removed from their call list--did it help? No. Now I get at least one call everyday and most of the time they hang up as soon as I pick up (reading the notes on the account no doubt).
As far as product goes, I returned the box I ordered because it was 100% other than advertised. They said they would send out a replacement box to my liking, and then CHARGED ME FOR THEM unauthorized. So now, I have 2 charges on my card, NO cigars and I have WASTED 2 hours and 40 minutes calling into their global call center located in Manila, Philippines.
Every rep you speak to is a "senior representative" and none of them will escalate your case above themselves as they tell you "There is no one else to put you in touch with, sir. I AM the senior representative." If you push hard enough, they will "see if someone is available" wherein you will be put on hold and promptly disconnected. I took this route 3 or 4 times yesterday while wearing out my cell battery with them.
It is almost impossible to communicate with the reps in their CS center. It's not that the English is bad, not at all--they speak very good English and have excellent comprehension, it's just that they are obtuse to anything and everything you say. "You have made an unauthorized charge to my credit card, refund my money NOW!" gets you "Yes sir, I understand and will note your concern." over...and over...and over.
It is clear that this company does nothing to value its customers as their customer service and post sales support is about the worst on Earth.
For the record, I am a customer service manager for the 4th largest software company on the planet--I know what I am talking about concerning the subject.
Thompson Cigar will NEVER see a cent of my business again. I will also tell everyone that will lend an ear to the horrors that lay before them should they decide to undertake a purchase from this travesty of a retailer.
More Thompson Cigar Company Complaints & Reviews
- Thompson Cigars - I will never be a customer of thompson's again! 
- Thompson Cigars - credit card fraud!!! 
- Thompson Cigars - thompson cigars internet scam
- Thompson Cigars - deseptive web site
- Thompson Cigars - deceptive sales tactics
- Thompson Cigar - club membership charges I did not approve
- Thompson Cigar - I am very displeased with the customer service at thompson cigar co.
- Thompson Cigar - victor sinclair cigars sent with broken glass tubes and caps off
- Thompson Cigars - rip off
- Thompson Cigar - failure to deliver product/failure to refund