Thom McAn Shoes / Disappointed in the make!

Thom Mcan Shoes from K-Mart.

I purchased a pair of Thom Mcan shoes from my local K-mart last week. This is the first pair of Thom Mcan that I have ever purchased. I wore the shoes two days last week and two or three days this week. I looked at the heel of the shoe today and it is coming apart from the actual shoe. I paid $24.99 for this pair of casual work shoes and did not expect to only be able to wear them a couple of times. I would expect that buying a pair of "off brand" shoes at Payless, but not a pair of Thom Mcan's. I have heard so many positive things about the shoes and how comfortable they are, which I do agree with the comfort, but am disappointed in the make.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Kelly Portzer.

Va

More Thom McAn Shoes Complaints & Reviews

Comments

La
  1st of Nov, 2007
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Thom Mcan shoes are cheap cr*p; what did you expect? You pay for what you get!

Re
  9th of Nov, 2007

I've purchased 4 pairs of Tom McAn shoes from my local Kmart and have had mostly good luck with them all. One pair was a bit uncomfortable. One particular pair I would like to buy again and again. They look good and are very comfortable. I've worn them for about 3 years now and I'm finally about to give up on them. I would suggest that Kelly simply got a bad pair. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more.

An
  9th of May, 2008

I too have had a bad expierence with not only the quality of the shoes, but their customer service. I bought a pair of sandals for my daughter at our local K-Mart. The very first time she wore them the entire sole fell off. She took maybe 200 steps in them when this happened. I've been trying to reach someone to find out their quality services and have yet to receive a return call. I have left 3 messages over the past 12 days. I will never buy this brand again and I will pass on the word to friends and family.

Wi
  13th of May, 2008

I bought a pair of Tom McAn about two years ago, still wearing them and have had no problems with them. Looking for another pair just like these :-)

Ka
  30th of Sep, 2008

I'm looking for a pair of Thom McAn black slip on sandals, size 6 or 6 1/2. The have two black straps going across the front & are held together by a pewter ring. Anyone know of any for sale? Email me at spike0929@msn.com

Mi
  6th of Nov, 2008

I bought a pair of Thom McCann walking shoes for myself and my son over 4 yrs ago. Most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. I can walk/stand in them all day long and my feet are just fine.
Thinking of going to KMart and buying another pair. Hope they haven't changed the style.

G
  29th of Nov, 2008

I can't believe how awesome these shoes are, so it's a bit surprising to hear negative experiences. I've tried many shoes, some quite expensive (for me, $85-150). I'm under 30, a professional, and diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. My feet have grown 2 sizes over that past year, and the pain I experience in my feet can be very debilitating while walking at work, so I'm always on the hunt for more comfortable and ever-larger shoes. I tried on a pair at K-mart (impulse), and I was blown away. I didn't want to take them off. I've owned them for two weeks, and wear them everyday, including at home since my feet hurt too badly to be barefoot, and they are more comfortable than any slipper/sneaker. The pain in my feet has decreased, my knees feel much better, and I can walk all day and night without joint fatigue. After this crazy holiday shopping rush weekend, I plan to make a trip to Kmart and buy some more before they discontinue. For interested shoppers, I have always had wide/square feet (the RA made them wider) with very high arches which makes even the top of my foot quite higher than the typical shoe mold.

Ge
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I ALSO HAVE HAD BAD LUCK WITH THEIR SHOES THE Shoes are ok but the bottoms are sorry.I have had mine less than ayear and the sole is breaking apart.

Va
  4th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I purchased a pair of boots with a heel on it from KMart and they began to look old after only a couple of days. Then to my surprise the heel broke away from the bottom of the boot. I paid about $30 for the boots. I had no receipt didn't think I would need it I guess. I went in to the store on 2/4/09 and they gave me a gift card for about 1/2 the price that was ok but I changed my mind took by boots back and bought some glue and polish.

Thom McAn does not stand up to the price nor the name. (Pity) Then I found this website and found others that agree.

How SAD!!!

Th
  23rd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I love their women's loafers! I've had one pair for 5 years and they are still comfortable and supportive. They are not the most esquisite shoes, but if you want a practical comfortable shoe, buy their loafers. I just bought a new pair recently and as soon as I tried them on, I could tell they would be most comfortable and they are very nice looking! I've only found one store that carries the brand, but am actively looking for others. K-mart doesn't carry enough variety for women, but has plenty for men.

Sh
  2nd of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have purchased several pair of Thom McCann shoes over the years. They are the most comfortable shoes I can find. I love them. Of course they won't last as long as a $100 pair of shoes but mine have all lasted at least 2 to 3 years. Which I think is pretty good for $25.

Fr
  14th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I too have a complaint. The inner lining of my shoes came out after wearing them about 3 times. Has anyone ever been compensated from Tom McAn?

Ro
  16th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Herin you will find the reason for your pontification at this site. Do not blame KMart/Sears! They only sell a product that suffers the same disease we are seeing daily; failure of the American Business!

You will be the next to fail... Remember, "Those who throw stones, should not live in glass houses."

I think if you paid $3.50 for a good shoe repair shop to re-glue your soul, maybe your own soul will be atlast - happy!

Ag
  27th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

***I've been wearing Thom McAn shoes for 60 years and I think they are very good for the price. (Of course, my dress shoes are Dexters.)

Do
  17th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

On my 5th pair of same tom mcan love them.

Be
  9th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

My Husband loves Thom McAn's Velcro cloth shoe & can't find them any where. He did get them at Kmart. Can anyone help. Thanks.
Betty From Alabama.

Wl
  9th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have owned 3 pairs of TomMcan shoes, 2 dress pairs and one walking shoe. One pair of the dress shoes I have worn couple days a week for the last 3 years, they are still good. The other pair I have worn about year, the walking pair I have on now and I hate to see them wear out, Ive had those about 2 years.
W.Patterson

Do
  19th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have NO complaint but can find NO other web-site to get a question asked...am NOT looking for a location to purchase but the manufacturer itself to see if a particular style purchased several years ago is still available...would take any and every color still being made. Donna Burden 35639 S Kelley Dr., Drummond Island, Mi 49726; 906 493-6494;
burdenrealestateinc@starband.net

La
  26th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I recently purchased a Thom McAn clog-style shoes. Wore them 3 times then they started to squeak ! It is quite annoying. Does anyone have a remedy to stop the squeak .

Hi
  17th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I've had a couple of pairs of Thom McAn walking shoes here in NZ. These are priced around NZD 80 from Number One Shoe Warehouse.

The first pair survived very hard use for three years which is outstanding for my shoes (most last less than 9 months). They were very comfortable. I'm on my second pair now and these are proving to be just as good as the first.

I hope they are still available when my second pair eventually wears out.