The Springs Modern Dentistry / Worst dentist experience ever

1 N Nevada, Colorado Springs, CO, United States

The first time I went to this dentist was with a Groupon for an exam/cleaning/xrays. They seemed nice enough, but they left me sitting in the chair by myself for a VERY long time. Since I was on my lunch hour, I really didn't appreciate this. When I left, they gave me an estimate for some additional work I needed done. My gut told me not to go there again. But unfortunately, I didn't listen to myself. I went back to have fillings done or replaced on several teeth that were causing me sensitivity, plus a couple that weren't bothering me but that needed to be redone anyway (or at least that's what they told me). First of all, they totally overcharged me. Second, they gave me SIX shots of novocaine in one appointment! I made the mistake of assuming they would use nitrous. (When I asked why they didn't, they said they didn't want to be exposed to it themselves.) I am pretty stoic when it comes to pain, but I was in tears by the 4th shot, and my whole body was trembling. It was a horrible experience. I learned an important lesson -- always ask in advance whether they use novocaine or nitrous. Third, I went in with THREE sensitive teeth; I came out with FOUR sensitive teeth! The woman who did the fillings clearly didn't know what she was doing. I had to endure the sensitivity for several weeks before I could go back to their office. When I went back, they put me with the same woman, and she told me it takes up to 2 months for the sensitivity to go away. But she said she would fix them anyway. It took forever, she had an attitude, and she only fixed 1 of the 4 sensitive teeth. It has been over 2 months since that last appointment, and I still cannot chew food on the left side of my mouth, and brushing my teeth is very uncomfortable. I still have 3 very sensitive teeth, and now I will have to pay another dentist to redo the work that these people were not able to do correctly (TWICE).

More The Springs Modern Dentistry Complaints & Reviews