The Right One / Fraud, Scam, Sales Pressure

King of Prussia, PA, United States Review updated:
3.35

After reviewing your site as well as consumeraffairs.com, it is rather obvious that there is a serious problem with this company. I have fallen victem to the same scam, just like so many others. Complaint details? I concur with all of the postings that I have read as my complaints are the same. The only positive I had was dealing with Ray in the King of Prussia office. Very nice, pleasant, and helpful. However, Ray was replaced by a rude, crude, socially unacceptable "director" who was also down right nasty! My strong advise; Don't deal with these creeps. As mentioned, I concur with all that I have read on this site as well as consumeraffairs.com. If anyone should hang by the balls it is the owners of this outfit. I, like all the others, have been ripped off by these creeps. Their faces should also be posted on Americas Most Wanted!!
Da

Comments

Je
  7th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been contacted by the Right One constantly since filling out an online form about meeting someone (for marriage). I finally agreed to set an appointment to meet them today, so went online to remind myself of the address. I then ran across the plentiful complaints about them, so called to cancel the appointment. When I did, the clerk harrassed me about cancelling the appointment, and that I was wasting the counselor's time. I told her I was going to end the call, and I did so (she actually kept talking at me as I was hanging up). She then called back my cell phone twice from a local number, then twice under a Restricted number. The final time she left a message saying, 'only cowards hang up'. And I was a potential customer, proving what was said regarding the complaints being correct. Evil always comes to the fore.

Interestingly, years ago, I was put through the sign on the dotted line thing, then cancelled the next day, and they wouldn't let me out of the $3, 000 charge (and I hadn't even begun to use their services). This was a company called Great Expectations. I shared this information with The Right One in the earlier days of them insisting on setting an appointment. They said absolutely they were nothing like that, yet they refused to discuss costs over the phone. And this was during the time I was unemployed. Knowing full well I wasn't going to be able to pay at all at that time. I shared with them that I couldn't even afford to bus fare to come out to their office, but they kept calling every few days.

Thank you for your help in advance of getting involved with them!

Jennifer Brown
Do
  14th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I've read several complaints about this company but feel it necessary to add a very real warning. Unlike most people, I was able to get a refund from this company but that is because they matched me with someone who committed a first degree murder less than two weeks after being given my telephone number. Not only is this company atrociously bad at actually matching people with compatible matches, but they don't even do adequate background checks to insure that they are not risking the lives of their members. DO NOT RISK YOUR LIFE on this service that will not work. If you really want to use a dating service, use an online service that charges a fraction of the cost. Most people are naturally more cautious about online connections than they would be with someone introduced to them by a company who allegedly does background checks.
An
  25th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I too have read the many many numerous comments on this company and unfortunately, I have to agree this company to be a complete rip off! Like the others on this site and on Consumer Reports website, I too was promised quality matches by the agent, only to meet guys who do not meet anywhere near the criteria I requested. I told the agent that I wanted to meet men 5' 11" and over and the first guy was much shorter than I am!! (Perhaps their measuring criteria is different than standard measuring and they mistook 5 foot 4 inches as 6 feet???) I know that this situation is far more pathetic than funny, but if anyone out there is considering doing business with this company, please save yourself hundreds and/or thousands of dollars because all this company will do successfully is debit your bank account on time each month while it avoids your phone calls! If it is too late and you - like the rest of us - have already been duped into paying, then get your money's worth and let others know the type of company The Right One really is! Write a review daily, weekly, or even monthly. If nothing else, we who have paid for this so-called service can get gratification out of knowing we are saving many others from the same ripped-off - robbed - cheated - disheartened - duped - hoodwinked - vamboozled feeling that the rest of us are experiencing! Word of mouth is a powerful tool! Let's utilize it!
Ev
  24th of Aug, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I’m a female counselor for The Right One and have been for the past 3 years.
I’ve read the above comments and complaints and can validate that there has never been a Ray that worked in The Right One in the King of Prussia Office in the past 3 years. You may think it’s silly for me to state this being that the only positive comment was about “Ray”, but the fact is I pride myself on honesty. We are NOT for everyone & it is impossible to make everyone happy when dealing with emotions. We are not perfect, nor are any service out there whether it is a matchmaking service or even a cable or internet service. However we pride ourselves on doing the best we can to provide a safe way of meeting quality singles. If you’re truly interested in finding someone that meets your morals, values & interests than contact us & find out the information first hand from our company. We must be doing something right if we’ve been around for over 30 years across the U.S., but focus only on the King of Prussia office because the franchises are individual owned. We enroll upwards of 30 new members per week within a 60 mile radius of the King of Prussia office… do the math… there are plenty of successful matches and marriages that out way the few complaints that are posted. Unfortunately it’s a known fact that people will always post unhappy results rather than the thousands of happy & satisfied people that are now living happily ever after.
Tr
  10th of Sep, 2014
This company... I've been fighting off and on with them for over 10 years just to get them to match me with a few people who fit my very basic requests (no kids, and don't want any). You can read the entire saga at TROBlowsChunks.tripod.com.

I have the direct contact information for Paul Falzone, the slimy rat who started The Right One, Together Dating, eLove, and who knows how many other scammy dating websites. If you have been taken by this company, please contact me at troblowschunks@hotmail.com. Right now I'm collecting stories, as an effort toward a possible class action lawsuit against this man.